Business
China launches Shenzhou-23 mission with potential record one-year stay in orbit
Business
Ford Stock Soars as Wall Street Wakes Up to Its AI Play
Ford Stock Soars as Wall Street Wakes Up to Its AI Play
Business
Texas Instruments’ SWOT analysis: stock faces mixed outlook on cash flow strength

Texas Instruments’ SWOT analysis: stock faces mixed outlook on cash flow strength
Business
U.S.-China Financial Rivalry Flares Up. The Summit Smiles Are Fading.
U.S.-China Financial Rivalry Flares Up. The Summit Smiles Are Fading.
Business
Charging power bank in checked bag forces easyJet flight to divert to Rome
Climatedepot.com executive editor Marc Morano discusses record Memorial Day travel despite high energy prices and analyzes the political blame game over energy on ‘The Bottom Line.’
An international flight diverted to Rome this week after a passenger informed the crew that they had a power bank charging in their checked baggage, according to multiple reports.
The London-based easyJet plane was flying from Hurghada, Egypt to London’s Luton Airport on Tuesday evening when the incident happened.
“No one knew what to think,” passenger Paul Casterton told The Sun. “Suddenly, the plane changed direction and made a descent. It was hard not to fear the worst.”
He added that the passengers were relieved when they found out the issue was a power bank.
20,000 BAGS STRANDED AFTER TECHNICAL ISSUE AT MAJOR AIRPORT LEAVES TRAVELERS SCRAMBLING

An easyJet international flight was diverted to Rome this week after a passenger’s power bank was left charging in their checked baggage. (Matthias Balk/picture alliance via Getty Images, File / Getty Images)
“Thank goodness it wasn’t a bomb in the hold,” he said. “Word spread as to the true reason we had been diverted. It was quite an ordeal, but mostly relief that everyone was OK.”
A spokesperson for easyJet told People magazine and The Sun: “Flight EZY2618 from Hurghada to Luton on May 19 diverted to Rome Fiumicino as the crew were informed a power bank was charging in luggage.
“The captain then took the decision to divert as a precaution in line with safety regulations,” the statement continued.
RECORD MEMORIAL DAY TRAFFIC EXPECTED AS RIVERS WARNED ABOUT WORST TIMES TO TRAVEL
The spokesperson added, “The aircraft landed safely, and passengers disembarked routinely. We provided hotel accommodation and meals where available. As some customers remained in the airport, they were provided with refreshments.”

A mobile phone, left, is charged with a portable charger. (Getty Images, File / Getty Images)
EasyJet didn’t immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s after-hours request for comment.
Portable chargers and lithium-ion batteries are prohibited in checked bags on all U.S. and international flights because of the risk of fire.
They are allowed in carry-on bags.

Portable chargers and lithium-ion batteries are prohibited in checked bags. (Robert Alexander/Getty Images, File / Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
The airline added that the “safety of its passengers and crew is easyJet’s highest priority, and easyJet operates its fleet of aircraft in strict compliance with all manufacturers’ guidelines.”
EasyJet also apologized to the passengers “for any inconvenience caused by the diversion and subsequent delay.”
Business
White House Shooting: Who was Nasire Best? Maryland man who allegedly believed he was ‘Jesus Christ’ killed after gunfire near Donald Trump’s home
Who was Nasire Best White House shooting suspect?
Nasire Best, the 21-year-old Maryland man identified by US media as the suspect in the shooting near the White House security perimeter, was reportedly known to federal security agencies before the incident. According to reports, Best was allegedly “mentally troubled” and had repeatedly been seen loitering around security entry points near the White House complex. The New York Post reported that he had earlier violated a court order directing him to stay away from the area. Reports also said that on June 26, 2025, Best allegedly blocked vehicular traffic on 15th Street and was later involuntarily committed to a psychiatric facility for treatment. Less than two weeks later, on July 10, 2025, he was arrested again after allegedly bypassing a restricted White House pedestrian checkpoint by entering through an exit turnstile lane. Investigators have not yet publicly established a motive behind the latest shooting incident.
Some reports also claimed Best believed he was “Jesus Christ” and had violated a court order directing him to stay away from the White House grounds.
White House shooting suspect reportedly had earlier encounters with Secret Service
Multiple US media outlets reported that Best had a history of mental health struggles and had previously come to the attention of federal security agencies.
According to Fox News, Best was detained by Secret Service officers on June 26, 2025, after allegedly approaching agents and making threats. The report also said he was detained again on July 10, 2025, for entering a restricted zone near the White House complex.
The New York Post, quoting sources, reported that Best was believed to be mentally troubled and allegedly thought he was “Jesus Christ.”
The publication further claimed he had violated a court order that directed him to stay away from the White House area.
BNO News also cited reports saying Best had attempted to enter the White House complex last year.
Authorities have not officially confirmed a motive behind the shooting and the investigation remains ongoing.
How the shooting unfolded near the White House
According to the Associated Press, the gunfire erupted near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, roughly a block from the White House.
Journalists stationed around the White House said they heard several gunshots before security personnel instructed them to immediately move into shelter inside the press briefing room.
The Secret Service later said the suspect approached a checkpoint, took a weapon out of a bag and began firing at officers positioned at the security perimeter. Officers responded with gunfire.
The Associated Press reported that investigators were still trying to determine whether the injured bystander was struck by bullets fired by the suspect or during the officers’ response.
Photographs from the area showed a large police presence, crime-scene tape, evidence markers and emergency medical equipment scattered outside the White House perimeter.
Tourists and journalists describe panic after White House gunfire
News agency AFP reported that confusion and fear spread quickly across the area as shots rang out near the White House.
Canadian tourist Reid Adrian told AFP he heard “probably 20 to 25″ noises that initially sounded like fireworks before he realised they were gunshots.
ABC News correspondent Selina Wang was reportedly recording a social media video on the White House grounds when the shooting began.
AFP also said journalists working on the White House North Lawn were ordered to run for cover and move into the briefing room during the exchange of fire.
Shooting renews focus on Trump security concerns
The latest incident has again raised concerns around security threats involving Trump.
The US president has faced several alleged assassination threats and security scares in recent months, including an alleged attempt linked to the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner in April and the 2024 shooting incident at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, where he suffered an ear injury.
Business
The 1-Minute Market Report, May 24, 2026 (NYSEARCA:SPY)
I spent 30 years in the institutional trenches as a trader, analyst, and portfolio manager, eventually running the equity trading desk at Northern Trust in Chicago. Those decades shaped my approach: stay disciplined, trust the data, and keep emotion out of the way. Since 2009, when I began publishing my stock selections, my portfolio has delivered solid long term results—compounding in the mid teens annually through 2025. Today I’m a private investor and investing coach, with a rules based framework that helps people build better portfolios. My work focuses on systematic thinking, behavioral awareness, and evidence over opinion. For my market outlook and model portfolio updates, visit zeninvestor.org. .
Analyst’s Disclosure: I/we have a beneficial long position in the shares of NVDA, AVGO, GOOGL either through stock ownership, options, or other derivatives. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.
Seeking Alpha’s Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.
Business
Dozens feared trapped in Philippines building collapse
Eight people in the vicinity were rescued, while 11 others, including the site foreman, managed to escape, Jay Pelayo, the Angeles City information officer, told DZBB radio.
About 30 to 40 people were reported missing based on information from the site foreman, Pelayo said to DZBB. Search and rescue operations are ongoing, Pelayo said. It was not immediately clear what caused the collapse, but the city engineer is reviewing the construction history, he said. Pelayo also said rescue efforts could be challenging as the structure is made of concrete, making it difficult to move the debris.
Images shared by DZBB showed the building reduced to a heap of concrete and twisted metal, covered in green netting.
“The assessment is not yet finished. The unified command system is still working on it, and it is too early to determine the cause of the collapse, which is still being evaluated,” Pelayo said.
“Power lines were hit and were now being secured. We are calling on residents in the area to cooperate with authorities so rescue operations for those trapped are not delayed, and no one else is put at risk,” he said.
Business
Trump says Iran deal ’largely negotiated’, dispute over strait reopening

Trump says Iran deal ’largely negotiated’, dispute over strait reopening
Business
Weyerhaeuser: An End To The Downturn Is In Sight (Rating Upgrade)
Weyerhaeuser: An End To The Downturn Is In Sight (Rating Upgrade)
Business
The Stock Exchange of Thailand welcomes recommendations to strengthen measures aimed at boosting confidence
The SET is currently reviewing trading supervision measures to ensure their implementation effectively boosts confidence among capital market participants.
This is in line with the SET’s strategic plan to create opportunities, enhance liquidity, and increase confidence under the vision of “The Trusted Gateway to Inclusive Opportunities”.
Therefore, the SET is open to hearing opinions from investors and related parties on the topic of “Improving Measures to Enhance Confidence”. From May 13-29, 2026, the essence of the measures reviewed this time can be summarized as follows
Group 1: Additional measures to improve market quality. Strengthen fairness and market efficiency in terms of structure and cost
.1. Reduce the tick size for securities priced from 5-50 baht per share to reduce the price differential. This will result in a reduction in trading costs for all groups of investors and increase liquidity in the market.2
. In the event that an account has more than 100 times OTR and more than 50 orders per minute (active minute), such account will be charged an additional fee at the rate of 0.15 baht per transaction (15 satang) only for the amount exceeding 30,000 transactions/day
.Group 2 Measures to reduce abnormal fluctuations in securities prices
3. Uptick Rule for Short Selling In the event that the price of a security decreases by 10% or more from the closing price of the previous day, the uptick criteria will be applied for that security on the next business day. This is to help slow down the selling force during market volatility and maintain balance while reducing the impact on liquidity and trading costs. If it is a normal condition, the criteria will be used.
4 Review securities that can be shorted by limiting short selling to highly liquid stocks.
5 Abolish the Dynamic Price Band (DPB) trading price bracket for each securities to reduce trading barriers, especially in low-liquidity stocks.
Group 3 Measures to Govern Inappropriate Trading Behavior
6. Register a high-speed trader (HFT) by switching to a post-trade trading behavior such as frequency/speed of order submission. Or there is a channel for sending orders for specific investors (Dedicated API) so that supervision is based on facts and can monitor trading behavior appropriately.
7. Lifting restrictions on securities that HFT can trade This is due to the revision of the rules of securities that can beShort selling can only cover highly liquid securities. In addition, HFT will be supervised based on the actual trading behavior.
8. Cancel Minimum Resting Time (MRT) is because it was found that the number of transactions triggered under this measure is very small, which does not effectively supervise trading behavior and will reduce the systemic burden and is not in line with the guidelines of foreign stock exchanges. In addition, The SET already has other mechanisms to supervise inappropriate behavior, such as the use of AI to help analyze and detect abnormal trading behavior, and measures to collect extra charges on accounts with high OTR behavior, etc
The SET has published a detailed public opinion document on the SET website https://www.set.or.th/th/rules-regulations/market-consultation entitled “Improvement of Measures to Enhance Confidence”. Those involved can submit their comments at https://forms.microsoft.com/r/EFQF82bt4c from 13-29 May 2026.
Source : Stock Exchange Open to listening to opinions on improving measures to raise confidence.
Other People are Reading
-
Crypto World2 days agoBlockchain.com files with SEC for U.S. IPO
-
Fashion1 day agoHoliday Weekend Open Thread – Corporette.com
-
Crypto World7 days agoIntesa Sanpaolo’s crypto holdings jump to $235M as XRP enters
-
Business2 days agoDell Technologies DELL Stock Surges 15% on AI Server Momentum and Analyst Upgrades in 2026
-
Crypto World2 days agoSpace X IPO Is ‘Bad News’ for Tech Stocks: But What About Bitcoin?
-
Crypto World17 hours agoRobinhood crypto COO Tanya Denisova exits
-
Politics1 day agoMakerfield: a tale of two social-media histories
-
Crypto World2 days agoAI infrastructure race heats up as IREN pitches full-stack strategy, WhiteFiber lands $160M deal
-
Tech2 days agoA 0.12% parameter add-on gives AI agents the working memory RAG can’t
-
Tech2 days agoWhatsApp ads could make Irish debut after discussions with DPC
-
Fashion7 days agoAmazon Sundays: Memorial Day Hosting
-
Tech2 days agoYou Can Now Add ChatGPT To PowerPoint
-
Crypto World2 days agoBitcoin Accumulation Weakens as BTC Realized Losses Hit $600M
-
Crypto World5 days agoRevolut Launches Dogecoin Debit Card Across UK and EU
-
Entertainment7 days agoOff Campus Easter Eggs Explained: Characters, Stories, More
-
Sports2 days ago2026 CJ Cup Byron Nelson leaderboard: Brooks Koepka finds putting stroke in Round 1
-
NewsBeat3 days agoCharity run by Reform leader Malcolm Offord accused of ‘law breaking’ over Scottish registration
-
Crypto World2 days agoTrump Media’s Bitcoin Stash Shrinks Again as 2,650 BTC Lands on Crypto.com
-
Business2 days agoTrump Invests $1M-$5M in Kura Sushi USA Chain With 27 California Locations
-
Business2 days ago
Goldman Sachs reinstates Ageas stock coverage with neutral rating


You must be logged in to post a comment Login