Connect with us

Sports

Conor Benn announces stunning signing with Dana White after 10 years with Eddie Hearn

Published

on

Conor Benn has made a shock change to his career after it was announced he has signed with Zuffa Boxing and Dana White.

Benn had been promoted by Matchroom Boxing for his entire tenure after making his professional debut back in 2016, and has established himself as one of the biggest names in Britain.

In 2025, he was involved in two epic battles with Chris Eubank Jr, losing the first by unanimous decision before gaining revenge in the rematch in November, dropping Eubank twice on his way to a dominant points win.

Advertisement

Those bouts ended a difficult chapter for Benn, who in October 2022 was forced to pull out of his initially planned fight date with Eubank after a failed drugs test, leading to a several year battle in an attempt to clear his name.

Matchroom and Eddie Hearn stood by Benn throughout that saga, and had big plans for the future following the win over Eubank, but Benn will now make those plans alongside his new promotional outfit Zuffa Boxing.

In a statement on social media, Benn said he had to take the offer presented by Zuffa.

“First and foremost, I want to thank Eddie and the entire team at Matchroom for everything they’ve done for me over the past decade. From guiding me when I first turned pro, to headlining stadium shows. They were not only with me for those highlight moments but stood shoulder to shoulder with me during the tough times.

“It’s been a journey beyond anything we could have imagined, and for their belief, support and guidance, I will always be truly grateful, but Zuffa Boxing presented me with an opportunity I simply couldn’t refuse. I’d love Eddie to continue to be part of my team and for our partnership to evolve in this new chapter.

Advertisement

“I’m filled with excitement and hunger for what’s ahead with Zuffa Boxing. I want the legacy fights, the biggest nights, the biggest stages. I fear no man at any weight, and I’m ready to give the fans the fights they’ve been calling for. I’m in my prime, and together we have bold, ambitious plans.”

‘The Destroyer’ had targeted fights with a number of big names, including the winner of Saturday’s WBC title fight between Mario Barrios and Ryan Garcia, along with newly-crowned WBO champion Shakur Stevenson, with Zuffa now the ones tasked with making those bouts.

The signing of Benn is a big statement of intent from Zuffa, and adds a fresh twist to the ongoing feud between Matchroom chairman Hearn and Zuffa chief White, after a war of words between the two powerhouses emerged in recent weeks.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Michael Jordan describes golf in 4 words. And ‘heaven’ in Kenya

Published

on

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

‘Losing the dressing room’ – what can it mean? How does it happen?

Published

on

In Dyche’s case, a dressing room can be lost very quickly, after succeeding Ange Postecoglou to become Forest’s third permanent manager this season.

Dyche’s reign went downhill after a good start, with BBC sources suggesting he struggled to bond with some players who questioned his methods and tactics, as he focused on the squad’s physicality.

Players’ opinions were also canvassed after defeat at Leeds United and they did not give Dyche their full backing.

So how quickly can a dressing room turn against a manager – and could it even happen before he steps through the door?

Advertisement

Sutton said: “Players talk when a new manager comes in. Some players may have experienced that manager before, or there may have been fall-out. I think instant impact is important.

“Certain managers will go into a club and want to do things their own particular way. They may leave out a club legend who’s already there, or a strong character, then that person won’t be happy and might be influential in the dressing room.”

Murphy believes every manager gets a chance, but warned: “It can change within three or four games.

“It can happen after a few bad results and performances, when you feel like you’re really struggling, getting beaten heavily, not competing in games.

Advertisement

“So maybe a month. One of the difficulties is when you have a dressing room where there is a little bit of pushback because some players are OK with the manager.

“This can become toxic as well because what you don’t want is a group of players who feel differently, because then you don’t have that cohesion and togetherness.

“But I would suggest when it starts going wrong it becomes a majority quite quickly.”

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Floyd Mayweather coming out of retirement again after Mike Tyson exhibition

Published

on

Floyd Mayweather has announced he is coming out of retirement again.

The former multi-weight champion, who turns 49 later this month, is due to fight Mike Tyson in an exhibition bout in Spring, even though the specifics like date and venue have not been confirmed.

But after sharing the ring with “Iron Mike”, Mayweather will resume his professional career with his first fight slated for this summer. His first opponent will be confirmed at a later date, along with the venue.

This is the American’s fourth comeback from retirement, having previously hung up the gloves in 2007 and 2015, before most recently calling it quits in 2017 after his lucrative fight with former UFC champion Conor McGregor.

“I still have what it takes to set more records in the sport of boxing – from my upcoming Mike Tyson event to my next professional fight afterwards – no one will generate a bigger gate, have a larger global broadcast audience and generate more money with each event – than my events,” said Mayweather.

Advertisement
Floyd Mayweather will resume his professional career

Floyd Mayweather will resume his professional career (AP)

Mayweather, who will return to the professional game with an undefeated record of 50-0, has signed with CSI Sports and Fight Sports.

He won titles across five weight classes across a glittering career which saw him headline three of the highest-grossing bouts in history against eight-weight world champion Manny Pacquiao, Mexican pound-for-pound sensation Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, and McGregor.

This latest return sets up a first professional fight for Mayweather in nearly a decade, but “Money” has been involved in several exhibitions since his last retirement in 2017.

Advertisement

He most recently squared off against John Gotti III, the grandson of New York crime boss John Gotti, in August 2024 and has also contested bouts with YouTubers Logan Paul and Olajide Olatunji, the brother of KSI.

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Bracketology Bubble Watch: Miami (Ohio) still undefeated; TCU vs. West Virginia is crucial for both teams

Published

on


Here’s the full bubble picture before a full Saturday of games featuring NCAA Tournament hopefuls

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

My first Titleist Vokey Wedge Fitting

Published

on

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Janel Grant breaks public silence after Vince McMahon lawsuit

Published

on

Former WWE employee Janel Grant recently made a huge public appearance. She had earlier filed a lawsuit against Vince McMahon.

A huge lawsuit against Mr. McMahon rocked the WWE. The former WWE paralegal in her 2024 lawsuit detailed that Vince McMahon sexually abused and trafficked her during her employment in the company. The former CEO and Chairman denied the claims but had to step away from his roles in the company.

In a 16-minute address to the press, Miss Grant detailed that many employees at the WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT, remain intimidated, despite McMahon stepping away from the company years ago. She also recalled the terrifying moment she knew that the media would be publishing her story, and she would not be able to talk about it openly.

Advertisement

“So imagine me getting a phone call I didn’t expect, saying that at any minute the Wall Street Journal would be publishing a story about me, Vince McMahon, and a non-disclosure agreement. I was told, if anybody asks me about this, I can’t make a comment, I can’t acknowledge it, I can’t say I’m not okay, and if anybody approaches me, I can’t acknowledge years of life to people who saw me live it. And it was like somebody set fire to my home intentionally with me still inside of it.” (H/T Post Wrestling)

The former WWE employee went on to describe how she tried to end her life, but someone saw her and stopped it from happening.


Janel Grant spoke about the NDA with Vince McMahon

During the address, Janel Grant argued that non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) were being misused to hide harmful behavior rather than protect privacy. She suggested that when NDAs are used this way, they allow misconduct to continue and affect future victims.

Grant described feeling isolated and financially strained by what happened to her. She said the NDA allowed exploitation to continue without checks. She also recalled rejecting an alleged effort to call her relationship with Vince McMahon consensual.