Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Business

White House Shooting: Who was Nasire Best? Maryland man who allegedly believed he was ‘Jesus Christ’ killed after gunfire near Donald Trump’s home

Published

on

White House Shooting: Who was Nasire Best? Maryland man who allegedly believed he was ‘Jesus Christ’ killed after gunfire near Donald Trump’s home
A shooting near the security perimeter of the White House on Saturday evening left the suspected gunman dead, injured a bystander and triggered panic among tourists and journalists gathered near the complex. Officials said the shooting happened shortly after 6 pm local time near a checkpoint close to the White House grounds. According to the US Secret Service, the suspect allegedly pulled a firearm from a bag and opened fire toward officers guarding the area. Officers immediately returned fire, critically injuring the suspect. He later died at a hospital. Authorities also confirmed that a bystander suffered injuries during the exchange of gunfire. US President Donald Trump was inside the White House at the time but was not harmed.

Who was Nasire Best White House shooting suspect?

Nasire Best, the 21-year-old Maryland man identified by US media as the suspect in the shooting near the White House security perimeter, was reportedly known to federal security agencies before the incident. According to reports, Best was allegedly “mentally troubled” and had repeatedly been seen loitering around security entry points near the White House complex. The New York Post reported that he had earlier violated a court order directing him to stay away from the area. Reports also said that on June 26, 2025, Best allegedly blocked vehicular traffic on 15th Street and was later involuntarily committed to a psychiatric facility for treatment. Less than two weeks later, on July 10, 2025, he was arrested again after allegedly bypassing a restricted White House pedestrian checkpoint by entering through an exit turnstile lane. Investigators have not yet publicly established a motive behind the latest shooting incident.
Some reports also claimed Best believed he was “Jesus Christ” and had violated a court order directing him to stay away from the White House grounds.

White House shooting suspect reportedly had earlier encounters with Secret Service

Multiple US media outlets reported that Best had a history of mental health struggles and had previously come to the attention of federal security agencies.

According to Fox News, Best was detained by Secret Service officers on June 26, 2025, after allegedly approaching agents and making threats. The report also said he was detained again on July 10, 2025, for entering a restricted zone near the White House complex.

Advertisement

The New York Post, quoting sources, reported that Best was believed to be mentally troubled and allegedly thought he was “Jesus Christ.”
The publication further claimed he had violated a court order that directed him to stay away from the White House area.
BNO News also cited reports saying Best had attempted to enter the White House complex last year.
Authorities have not officially confirmed a motive behind the shooting and the investigation remains ongoing.

How the shooting unfolded near the White House

According to the Associated Press, the gunfire erupted near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, roughly a block from the White House.

Journalists stationed around the White House said they heard several gunshots before security personnel instructed them to immediately move into shelter inside the press briefing room.

The Secret Service later said the suspect approached a checkpoint, took a weapon out of a bag and began firing at officers positioned at the security perimeter. Officers responded with gunfire.

The Associated Press reported that investigators were still trying to determine whether the injured bystander was struck by bullets fired by the suspect or during the officers’ response.

Advertisement

Photographs from the area showed a large police presence, crime-scene tape, evidence markers and emergency medical equipment scattered outside the White House perimeter.

Tourists and journalists describe panic after White House gunfire

News agency AFP reported that confusion and fear spread quickly across the area as shots rang out near the White House.

Canadian tourist Reid Adrian told AFP he heard “probably 20 to 25″ noises that initially sounded like fireworks before he realised they were gunshots.

ABC News correspondent Selina Wang was reportedly recording a social media video on the White House grounds when the shooting began.

Advertisement

AFP also said journalists working on the White House North Lawn were ordered to run for cover and move into the briefing room during the exchange of fire.

Shooting renews focus on Trump security concerns

The latest incident has again raised concerns around security threats involving Trump.

The US president has faced several alleged assassination threats and security scares in recent months, including an alleged attempt linked to the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner in April and the 2024 shooting incident at a rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, where he suffered an ear injury.

Advertisement
Add ET Logo as a Reliable and Trusted News Source

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Business

China revises Shanxi coal mine death toll to 82 after initial count error

Published

on


China revises Shanxi coal mine death toll to 82 after initial count error

Continue Reading

Business

Elevation Capital sells Rs 964 crore Paytm Shares via block deals

Published

on

Elevation Capital sells Rs 964 crore Paytm Shares via block deals
According to stock exchange filings, multiple entities under Saif Partners participated in the bulk deals, selling shares worth about ₹964 crore. Saif Partners, which is among Paytm‘s earliest investors, was rebranded as Elevation Capital in 2020.

Societe Generale, Marshall Wace Investment Strategies and Morgan Stanley Asia were among the major participants in these block deals.

Over the past nearly two years, Elevation Capital and AntFin — the financial affiliate of Alibaba Group, have emerged among the biggest sellers in Paytm through block deals.

According to BSE data, around 8.5 million shares changed hands on May 22, with Saif III Mauritius selling around 5.6 million shares and the others being multiple different funds of Saif Partners.

Advertisement

Historical data suggest that Ant Financial has also sold 85.3 million shares across multiple tranches and bulk deals.


The Noida-headquartered company has seen several early investors liquidate their holdings. Paytm has also been encouraging Chinese investor Ant Financial to pare its stake in the firm.
Paytm closed FY26 with a net profit of ₹556 crore — its first-ever full-year profit — and reported operating revenue of ₹8,437 crore, up 22% from ₹6,900 crore a year earlier.
In April 2026, Paytm became an Indian-owned and controlled company after domestic investors raised their collective stake to around 50%. The fintech company currently trades at a market capitalisation of ₹71,220 crore ($7.4 billion).
(Disclaimer: Recommendations, suggestions, views and opinions given by the experts are their own. These do not represent the views of The Economic Times)

Continue Reading

Business

Financial Services Roundup: Market Talk

Published

on

Financial Services Roundup: Market Talk

The latest Market Talks covering Financial Services. Exclusively on Dow Jones Newswires at 4:20 ET, 12:20 ET and 16:50 ET.

0535 ET – CVC Capital Partners has teamed up with Groupe Bruxelles Lambert to launch a 10.73 billion euro bid for Italian drugmaker Recordati, in a move that might prelude future deals, RBC Capital Markets’ Natalia Webster and Charles Weston say in a research note. The bidders’ strategic rationale centers on Recordati’s requirement for increased research-and-development spending as well as future mergers and acquisitions, the analysts say. Amsterdam-listed buyout group CVC is Recordati’s controlling shareholder and the bid is aimed at taking Recordati private, the analysts say. Shares in Recordati fall 0.3%, while CVC and GBL both trade 1% higher. (adria.calatayud@wsj.com)

0531 ET – CVC Capital Partners’ bid to take Italian drugmaker Recordati private alongside Groupe Bruxelles Lambert allows the Amsterdam-listed buyout group to move its stake in the company from one fund to another, Equita Sim’s Martino De Ambroggi says. The biggest shareholder in Recordati is a company ultimately controlled by CVC Fund VII called Rossini and has committed to tender to the offer its whole 46.8% stake, the analyst says. CVC participates in the takeover bid through a new fund, CVC Fund IX, and there are other minority investors such as Recordati Chairman Andrea Recordati, he adds. The CVC-GBL consortium said the offer is subject to achieving ownership of at least two-thirds of Recordati’s share capital. Shares in CVC rise 1.2%. (adria.calatayud@wsj.com)

0513 ET – Groupe Bruxelles Lambert’s investment in Italy’s Recordati to take the drugmaker private alongside CVC Capital Partners looks like a good, but risky move, ING’s David Vagman says in a research note. The Belgian investor is putting up 1.3 billion euros, which fits within its investment range of 500 million to 1.5 billion euros but is toward the higher end, the analyst says. “We find the move very interesting, showing self-confidence, but also an appetite for risks, in term of operation and leverage, which might surprise investors.” The offer also shows that GBL is keen on healthcare, a sector where it is already present in services and medical-technology, ING says. Shares in GBL rise 0.9%. (adria.calatayud@wsj.com)

Advertisement

Copyright ©2026 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8

Continue Reading

Business

Health Care Roundup: Market Talk

Published

on

Health Care Roundup: Market Talk

The latest Market Talks covering the Health Care sector. Published exclusively on Dow Jones Newswires at 4:20 ET, 12:20 ET and 16:50 ET.

0955 ET – The American Society of Clinical Oncology published an abstract of a study that JPMorgan calls “highly encouraging” for the targeted chemotherapy sac-TMT treatment jointly developed by Merck and Chinese biotech firm Kelun-Biotech. “Sac-TMT reduced the risk of death or progression on the combined population by 65%,” the analysts say. However, they also say in the note that the drug was compared to Merck’s own Keytruda monotherapy, which is not the standard of care in most parts of the world, making drawing comparisons difficult. “The data is nonetheless solid…and continues to derisk sac-TMT,” the analysts say. Merck is up 4%.(nicholas.miller@wsj.com)

Copyright ©2026 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8

Continue Reading

Business

Ten things to know about humanoids

Published

on


Ten things to know about humanoids

Continue Reading

Business

Energy Transfer’s SWOT analysis: stock positioned amid grid reliability concerns

Published

on


Energy Transfer’s SWOT analysis: stock positioned amid grid reliability concerns

Continue Reading

Business

Treasury Yields Snapshot: May 22, 2026

Published

on

Treasury Yields Snapshot: April 24, 2026

Treasury Yields Snapshot: May 22, 2026

Continue Reading

Business

China lowers death toll in Shanxi coal mine disaster to 82

Published

on

China lowers death toll in Shanxi coal mine disaster to 82


China lowers death toll in Shanxi coal mine disaster to 82

Continue Reading

Business

Major Sunderland employer Vantec becomes Logisteed UK

Published

on

Business Live

The logistics provider has rebranded including its three facilities in Washington

Logisteed UK is part of a wider international group.

Well know Sunderland employer Vantec has become Logisteed UK Limited.(Image: Logisteed UK Limited)

A key logistics provider to Nissan’s Washington operation has rebranded from Vantec to Logisteed UK Limited as it sets out to show “huge opportunity” in its sector.

The move brings distinctive new signage to the firm’s properties in Washington, which can be seen by motorists on the A1231 Sunderland Highway and Northbound on the A19. It marks a transition to the international Logisteed Group which operates across 122 companies, 1,003 sites and 30 countries and regions.

The name combines the word ‘logistics’ with ‘exceed, proceed, succeed and speed’, the company says. Martin Kendall, managing director, at Logisteed UK, said: “We’re delighted to now be Logisteed UK Limited.

“The change represents an important transition in the business, as we firmly establish ourselves as part of a global group that will open up exciting new opportunities for our business and for our colleagues.

Advertisement

“It’s incredible to think that a business that started out operating from a competitors facility as a logistics supplier to Nissan in the early days of its life here in Sunderland is now part of a global group, creating hundreds of jobs in Sunderland and across the UK, supporting blue-chip clients in automotive, premium automotive, construction, electric battery, offshore renewable energy, HVAC, commercial lighting and fashion sectors The business has come so far, and this marks a bold new chapter for us – one filled with opportunity, innovation and global ambition.”

Logisteed UK Limited operates 13 sites across the country with three of those being its own purpose-built facilities. They include a 40,500 sqm head office at Hillthorn Business Park, as well as a 38,750 sqm site at Turbine Business Park. The company also manages a 3,300 sq metre centre in Basingstoke.

The business started in early 1990 as Autrans, before becoming Vantec Europe Limited in 2007 and now Logisteed.

Mr Kendall added: “We really want to show people that there is huge opportunity in this sector, and outdated perceptions of warehouse work no longer reflect the reality of today’s logistics industry. This is an industry with so much going for it, and we’ll support colleagues to reach their full potential, whether that is through education, training or opportunities to experience work in different locations.”

Advertisement

He went on to say: “There was previously huge interest in the work we’ve been doing here within the Vantec Corporation, and it has already been exported to Japan. But we now have a great platform to showcase what we’re doing and the skills of the team, there’s already been interest in the technology from Logisteed’s head office in Tokyo.”

Continue Reading

Business

Nvidia Stock Gets Even Cheaper With Each Earnings Beat

Published

on

Nvidia Stock Rises After Record High. The Breakout Is Finally Here.

Nvidia Stock Gets Even Cheaper With Each Earnings Beat

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025