Jack Shepherd, a web designer, was was jailed for six years over the Thames joyride death of his date, Charlotte Brown, and was expecting to walk free on parole
Speedboat killer Jack Shepherd’s hopes of an early release from jail have been dashed.
Parole board chiefs have rejected the shameless web designer’s latest bid for freedom. Shepherd was jailed for six years over the Thames joyride death of his date, Charlotte Brown, 24, and was expecting to walk free on parole.
But Charlotte’s grieving family raised concerns about the continuing threat Shepherd, 38, poses to young women. Her dad Graham confirmed on Thursday he had been informed that his release was back on hold.
The 62-year-old man said: “As Charlotte’s family we are happy Shepherd remains in jail. We’re glad our objections were listened to regarding the dangers of releasing him back onto the streets and hope he will remain behind bars for longer.”
READ MORE: Brute in ‘blind rage’ left welder unable to walk or see properly after Christmas party attackREAD MORE: Speedboat killer Jack Shepherd warned he will be ‘chased out’ of town if he returns
Charlotte was thrown from Shepherd’s boat when the self-styled Casanova crashed on the River Thames in 2015. Shepherd was freed in January last year after serving half his sentence but hauled back behind bars for breaching the terms of his licence.
The web designer allegedly “controlled” and assaulted a new girlfriend, breaching the terms of his release. It is believed this was considered by parole board bosses, who have turned down Shepherd’s latest application for release. It means he must wait up to six more months for another chance to plead his case.
Graham, a civil servant from Sidcup, Kent, had told The Sun “prison was the best place” for Shepherd. He told the publication: “He’s back where he belongs. I’ve always believed that Shepherd is a narcissist.
“He’s never shown remorse for his part in the death of my daughter. I think about her every day. The pain is never far away. I’ll never forgive him and still believe he poses a risk to females.”
READ MORE: Killer of mum whose body was never found set to be released from jail
The tech professional, who lived on a houseboat in Hammersmith, west London, tempted around ten girls into bed before his disaster date. He wooed Charlotte with a £150 dinner at The Shard then drank more champagne before a late-night ride in his poorly-maintained 14ft boat.
He was charged with manslaughter but fled to Georgia in 2018. After being convicted in his absence, he was later extradited to face justice. Prior to absconding, Shepherd had smashed a bottle over the head of a barman in Devon.
The Parole Board confirmed Shepherd’s application for release was refused via a “paper decision”. He now has 28 days in which to request an oral hearing before the decision becomes final.

