Manchester United will face Everton in the Premier League in the Monday Night Football with both clubs having players on the sidelines
Both Manchester United and Everton are expected to have players on the sidelines for their Premier League clash on Monday evening. The Reds will travel to Merseyside to take on the Toffees in their return to top-flight action after nearly two weeks without a game.
United were not in FA Cup action last weekend, and have been preparing to face Everton since their 1-1 draw with West Ham on February 10.
Michael Carrick provided an update on the United squad when he spoke to the media last week, which included the latest on the players who are sidelined with injuries.
Patrick Dorgu, Matthijs de Ligt and Mason Mount all missed United’s draw with West Ham earlier this month, and neither are expected to make a return to the Reds’ clash against Everton on Monday night.
READ MORE: Scott McTominay responds to Man United transfer return questionREAD MORE: Jose Mourinho’s private text to Ruben Amorim speaks volumes after his sacking
De Ligt has been sidelined with a back injury since November, while Mount has missed United’s last three matches with a knock and that absence is expected to continue for the trip to Hill Dickinson Stadium in the Monday Night Football.
FOLLOW OUR MAN UNITED FB PAGE! Latest news and analysis via the MEN’s Manchester United Facebook page
“Mason [Mount] is getting closer, we have to be patient with him.” Carrick said on Friday. “We don’t want to rush anything, he is getting closer.
Carrick added: “De Ligt is working towards it, he is a little bit behind Mason [Mount].”
Dorgu has been unavailable since the end of January with a hamstring injury and is still expected to be several weeks away from returning to the matchday squad for United.
Everton will also have some players on the sidelines when United travels to Merseyside. Jack Grealish is expected to miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery on a foot injury earlier this month.
Defender Jake O’Brien will also be unavailable for Everton, as he serves a one-game ban for a red card he picked up in the Toffees’ defeat to Bournemouth earlier this month.
Seamus Coleman has not featured for Everton since United’s defeat to the Merseyside club at Old Trafford in November, but Toffees boss David Moyes has confirmed the defender is expected to make a return for this evening’s fixture.
“Seamus [Coleman] is fit and available as well [at right-back], so we’ve got people we can choose and we’ll move on from [O’Brien’s red card],” Moyes told reporters on Friday. “He got sent off and these things happen.
“We’ve got everybody fit, bar Jack Grealish.”
Ensure our latest sport headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as Preferred Source in your Google search settings.
—–
Here at The Manchester Evening News, we are dedicated to bringing you the best Manchester United coverage and analysis.
Make sure you don’t miss out on the latest United news by joining our free WhatsApp group. You can get all the breaking news and best analysis sent straight to your phone by clicking here to subscribe.
You can also subscribe to our free newsletter service. Click here to be sent all the day’s biggest stories.
And, finally, if you would rather listen to our expert analysis then make sure to check out our Manchester is Red podcast. Our shows are available on all podcast platforms, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts, and you can also watch along on YouTube.


