Connect with us

Sports

Man United handed Myles Lewis-Skelly transfer boost as Arsenal statement opens door

Published

on

Arsenal’s versatile talent Myles Lewis-Skelly has been offered to Manchester United this summer, with Michael Carrick still looking to add quality to his squad before the window shuts

Arsenal chief executive officer Richard Garlick has said the club would “consider” selling Manchester United target Myles Lewis-Skelly if the “right opportunity” came up.

Manchester Evening News reported earlier this month that United had been offered Lewis-Skelly following Arsenal’s decision to sign Bruno Guimaraes from Newcastle.

Advertisement

United are searching a new left-back before the end of the transfer window, and although Newcastle’s Lewis Hall appears to be their first-choice target, Lewis-Skelly is an option.

The 19-year-old started in midfield and impressed for Arsenal during their 3-0 win against Manchester City in the Community Shield on Sunday, and is still expected to have a major role for the Gunners, despite Guimaraes’ arrival.

But now, Garlick has opened up on Lewis-Skelly’s future and did not rule out a potential departure before the September 1 deadline. “There’s been a lot of speculation around players,” said Garlick, when asked about Lewis-Skelly and his Arsenal teammate Ethan Nwaneri.

Advertisement

“I can’t stop other clubs being interested. I think Myles has had a fantastic end to last season and has started this one really well – we’re very, very happy with him.

“Ethan has had a great pre-season as well and I think it’s just a case of looking at what opportunities there are that will help both of those in terms of their career moving forward.

“We are not actively looking at selling those homegrown players but if the right opportunity came up – right for them and the club – we’d obviously consider that.”

Advertisement

Garlick’s comments come a matter of days after Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta said that he welcomes speculation around his players, amid increased talk around Lewis-Skelly’s future.

The 2006-born defender had scored for the Gunners in a 1-1 draw against Serie A side Como last Wednesday and celebrated by making a heart sign to the crowd before tapping the badge.

FOLLOW OUR MAN UNITED FB PAGE! Latest news and analysis via the MEN’s Manchester United Facebook page

“It’s good to be emotional after scoring, you should be emotional when you score a goal,” Arteta said post-match. “He’s a very emotional player, you see with his gestures on the pitch.

Advertisement

“I’m not going to talk about speculation. If there is speculation about our players, it’s a good sign. That means our players attract attention and are doing a good job.”

Alongside United, it emerged that Chelsea were another club that had been offered Lewis-Skelly’s services. The England international, however, still has four years left on his contract at the Emirates Stadium.

Though Lewis-Skelly can be useful in midfield, if he did join United is more likely he would be used as a left-back with Carlos Baleba poised to become the next summer signing through the door at Old Trafford.

Baleba is closing in on joining the Reds for £60million plus add-ons from Brighton in what would be United’s third midfield addition following Andrey Santos and Youri Tielemans’ moves to the club.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

What are the allegations against Love Your Enemy actor Hong Min-gi? Complete drama explained as former partner alleges animal abuse and more

Published

on

South Korean actor Hong Min-gi has become the subject of serious allegations from a woman identified as “A,” who claims she was previously in a relationship with him. According to a report by Chosunbiz, the influencer, who reportedly has more than 20,000 followers, has shared details of her claims on social media on August 19, 2026. She has also shared parts of a legal notice that she says was sent to Hong Min-gi through her legal representative on July 28.

A accused the actor of dating violence, physical assault, threats, intimidation, emotional abuse and invasion of privacy. She alleged that Hong once threw a soju bottle on the street, causing it to break, and also threw other objects during arguments. She claimed he hit her shoulder, pushed her and grabbed her by the neck.

According to A, Hong became suspicious that she was talking to a former boyfriend after her phone was turned off. After that, he called her more than 40 times and later threatened both her and the former boyfriend. She claimed he said he intended to kill them if he found them and allegedly threatened to kill the former boyfriend.

She also alleged that Hong Min-gi secretly checked her phone and KakaoTalk conversations because he suspected she had been unfaithful. She further claimed that he rode an electric kickboard while intoxicated, with her accompanying him, and that the incident resulted in serious injuries. She also said she had photographs documenting those injuries.

The former partner described what she called a repeated pattern of verbal abuse, intimidation and emotional manipulation. She alleged that Hong Min-gi told her that his mental health problems had returned because of her, said he wanted to die and suggested that they should die together. She also claimed he insulted her and later behaved affectionately, which she initially interpreted as love.

A said she continued to feel responsible for his reported panic disorder after their breakup. She alleged that she visited his home several times and apologized. However, he responded by swearing and kicking objects for extended periods. She further accused him of trying to initiate s**ual contact after their relationship had already ended, claiming that he pushed her onto a bed and touched her without her consent.

Advertisement

She also alleged that Hong Min-gi made derogatory comments about women, including statements about women becoming less desirable with age and also that women should serve in the military.

A additionally claimed he made disparaging comments about a former girlfriend who was now an actress. He also used profanity toward other actors, staff members, and directors he had worked with.

The accusations also extended to his relationship with fans. A also claimed Hong looked down on fans who spent money and time supporting him and allegedly complained about attending a fan-organized birthday event. A also accused him of verbally abusing and kicking his pet dog, Leo. She claimed that after she sent the legal notice, he cut off contact and left the dog alone at home for several days.

A said she initially did not understand the relationship as abusive and only recognized what she believed had happened several weeks after the breakup. She described experiencing fear, trembling, sweating and sleeplessness and said the effects interfered with her daily life. She eventually told her parents and said she began legal action because she wanted Hong Min-gi to acknowledge his alleged actions and apologize.

Advertisement

Hong Min-gi’s agency denies dating violence allegations, accuses former partner of stalking and defamation

Hong Min-gi’s agency, Fable Company, initially said it was checking the circumstances and preparing its position. The agency later issued a response rejecting key parts of A’s account and presented a substantially different version of the relationship.

According to Fable Company, Hong Min-gi and A began dating around April 2026. The agency claimed that A continued communicating with a former boyfriend, which caused the actor to lose trust in the relationship. It said Hong Min-gi repeatedly made clear that he did not want to continue dating her.

The agency alleged that A continued making calls and approaching Hong Min-gi after the relationship ended. It claimed that she repeatedly went to his home and his family’s home and, at around 1 a.m. on one occasion, arrived at the actor’s residence and continued ringing the doorbell until 4 a.m. The agency described the incident as an unwanted approach and said Hong Min-gi had previously avoided public statements and legal action because he wanted the relationship to end peacefully.

Fable Company also denied allegations involving pet abuse and other claims made by A, saying that several of her assertions differed from the facts as understood by the actor and his representatives. The agency accused A of using the actor’s public image to pressure him and claimed she distributed statements it considered false or defamatory.

Advertisement

The company said Hong Min-gi had been subjected to stalking and intended to pursue legal action. It stated that it would use objective evidence and legal procedures to establish the facts and consider civil and criminal measures, including action over alleged stalking and defamation. The agency also asked the public not to spread unverified claims or speculate about the matter.

The dispute has also drawn attention to the actor’s upcoming projects. The actor has reportedly completed filming for the second season of TVING’s Study Group, where he played Park Geon-yeop in the first season. The production team said it had only recently become aware of the allegations and would need to verify the circumstances because the issue concerns the actor’s personal life.

Hong Min-gi was born on March 12, 2002, and began his acting career in 2020. He gained wider attention through supporting roles and appearances in several Korean television and streaming productions. His credits include Love Your Enemy, Study Group, Crushology 101, Doctor on the Edge, and more.