Graeme Dott is accused of lewd, indecent and libidinous behaviour towards two primary school age children.
Former snooker world champion Graeme Dott has told a court there is “absolutely no way” he sexually abused two children.
The 49-year-old is accused of lewd, indecent and libidinous behaviour towards two primary school age children. The allegations span between 1993 and 1996 involving a girl, and 2006 to 2010 involving a boy, both in the Glasgow region.
Dott has denied the two charges against him. Giving evidence to his trial at the High Court in Glasgow on Thursday, Dott denied carrying out any of the alleged abuse.
Asked about his first alleged victim by his lawyer Euan Dow, Dott said there was “absolutely no way” he had touched her inappropriately.
“On any occasion?” Mr Dow asked him. “On any occasion,” Dott confirmed.
He was asked about skin cream he used for eczema, which the woman, who is now in her 40s, had told the court on Monday she could smell when he allegedly kissed her.
Dott denied the cream he used had a smell, saying he always used E45 and the “whole point of it” is that it is odourless. He also said “No” when asked if he had ever kissed her. Dott was also asked if he had ever been alone with the boy he is alleged to have abused on a number of occasions. “Never in my entire life,” Dott insisted.
The 49-year-old told the court he became a professional snooker player in 1993, and from then on he was often away competing in tournaments. He said his career had “stopped when the latest allegations came out in 2024 or 2025”.
He said the first time he became aware of any alleged wrongdoing was when police contacted him in 2001 as part of an investigation they had launched.
Earlier on Thursday, the court heard evidence from Dott’s second alleged victim, who said the first instance of alleged abuse happened when Dott was world snooker champion.
Under questioning from advocate depute Lindsey Dalziel, the witness said a lot of the abuse took place while he was in a shower, when Dott would come in either partly or completely undressed.
“He would… come into the shower and put soap on my body and wash me in the shower,” the man, who is now in his late 20s, told the court. “While he was washing me he would touch me in inappropriate places.”
He said looking back at it now, Dott was “clearly getting sexual gratification from it”, and he was “pleasuring himself” while this was taking place. The man said that because of his age at the time, he “did not know what was going on”, and it was only later he realised the interaction “wasn’t right”.
The witness also described abuse which took place in a car, where he said Dott would kiss him on the face, head and lips, and “push himself up against me”. He told the court he remembers the smell of the soap Dott used, and that he now gets “PTSD flashbacks” from the same smell today.
The witness said that during the abuse, Dott expected “nothing less than compliance” from him, and the defendant became “quite aggressive” if his alleged victim did not do what he wanted.
“(Dott) was quite forthcoming, his voice was aggressive,” the witness said. “Looking back on it I would say he knew what he wanted me to do.”
He said Dott would give him gifts following episodes of abuse.
“I think he used money, sweets and chocolates as a reward strategy,” the man said. “So that would have been in his eyes a reward for me doing what he wanted.”
Mr Dow also put it to the man: “Can I make clear to you that Mr Dott doesn’t accept any of the instances of alleged abuse that you described in your evidence.”
Mr Dow said the court had heard evidence that Dott had allegedly abused the victim up to seven times.
In response, Dott said: “It did not happen.”
Under cross-examination by Ms Dalziel, Dott denied being attracted to the girl when she was young, calling the idea “disgusting”.
When Ms Dalziel put it to Dott that he touched the first victim and told her what to do, he denied the allegation and called it “lies”.
Speaking about the second victim, Dott said he was “never in my company” and denied all allegations of abuse.
The trial, before judge Lord Harrower, continues.
Get more Daily Record exclusives by signing up for free to Google’s preferred sources. Click HERE.



You must be logged in to post a comment Login