Entertainment

Daisy Ridley ‘Can’t Turn My Head To The Left’ After Sudden Injury

Published

on

Actress Daisy Ridley, best known for her portrayal of Rey in the “Star Wars” sequel trilogy, recently opened up about an injury that she suffered in her own home. Although she has done plenty of stunt training for her role as a Jedi and underwent serious swimming lessons for her role in “Young Women and the Sea,” it appears she injured herself while doing ordinary housework.

Instagram Stories | Daisy Ridley

On Saturday, August 22, the “Chaos Walking” actress revealed that she had pulled something in her back and injured something in her head or neck, as she couldn’t turn it to the left.

“Scrubbed the oven so hard I pulled something in my back and can’t turn my head to the left?!” she posted in an Instagram Story on Saturday morning.

The photo features her sitting close to the camera wearing a black tank top. She is resting her head in one hand as she glances away from the camera.

Although it’s unclear how serious the injury is, many fans hope she recovers quickly, as they are eager to see her return to her role as Rey. She last portrayed the character in 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker,” which received a lackluster reception.

Advertisement

When Will Rey Next Appear In A Galaxy Far, Far Away?

Mirrorpix / MEGA

Fans are still unsure where Rey’s story will go following the events of 2019’s “The Rise of Skywalker.” Disney’s D23 event focused on the next upcoming “Star Wars” movie: 2027’s “Star Wars: Starlighter,” starring Ryan Gosling. The film, directed by Shawn Levy, will take place about five years after the fall of the First Order; however, it remains unclear if Ridley will reprise her role for a cameo appearance.

In 2023’s Star Wars Celebration, then-Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy announced that Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy would be directing a film based on the new Jedi Order that Rey will be creating. However, updates about the project have been few and far between, as numerous writers have been hired and dismissed, including “Lost” creator Damon Lindelof.

Ridley Says New ‘Star Wars’ Film Is ‘Worth The Wait’

MEGA

The “We Bury the Dead” actress later told Parade that the new movie will be “worth the wait,” adding, “It will arrive when it’s ready.”

In 2026, Kennedy did not mention Rey’s movie at all during her exit interview with Deadline, leaving some to believe the film will be folded into the Simon Kinberg trilogy. However, details about that project have yet to be released.

Daisy Ridley Speaks Out On ‘The Hunt For Ben Solo’

Mirrorpix / MEGA

In October 2025, Adam Driver shocked fans by revealing that he and director Steven Soderbergh had been working on a movie called “The Hunt for Ben Solo,” which would have featured his character, Ben Solo. Although his character passed away at the end of “The Rise of Skywalker,” Lucasfilm gave the film the green light. After all, many characters, such as Emperor Palpatine and Darth Maul, have returned to a galaxy far, far away after their supposed “deaths.”

However, Driver told the Associated Press that executives later pulled the plug on the project because they didn’t understand how his character could still be alive.

Last December, Ridley told IGN that she had heard “rumblings” about the axed project. “I have lots of friends who are crew, so things always travel like that. But, whoa! When the story came out, no, I was like, ‘Oh, my God!’ And it was him that said it, right? It was funny because, like, ‘Oh, wow, Adam is saying it,’ and that’s the big surprise of the year,” she said.

Advertisement

Will ‘The Hunt for Ben Solo’ Ever Get Made?

At the 2026 Disney D23 event, current Lucasfilm co-president Dave Filoni seemingly shut down hope that the project will eventually get made. “We’re not making that picture right now. That’s all I can say,” he said with a Jedi hand wave.

“It’s not here. You won’t find it here,” Filoni said when Deadline asked about the project hours later. “The force is not with us in that regard. I love the love you feel for it.”

Many fans are hopeful that Driver’s “The Hunt for Ben Solo” and Ridley’s new Jedi Order movie will be combined into Simon Kinberg’s new trilogy, although that has yet to be confirmed.

Adam Driver, meanwhile, appeared at Disney D23 to reveal that he has been cast in the new “X-Men” reboot, scheduled to hit theaters in 2028.

Advertisement

Source link

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Cancel reply

Trending

Exit mobile version