Every day on Criminal Record we will be bringing you a round-up of the biggest crime stories of the day.
If you love to read about crime in Scotland – this is the place to be every day.
Here’s what has been making the news across the country on Friday.
Lyons gang order brutal attacks on senior Daniel hood
The Lyons crime clan have ordered brutal machete attacks on rival members of the Daniel family.
Senior members of the Lyons gang are understood to have instructed Ross McGill’s Tamo Junto (TMJ) to launch the revenge attacks after the slaying of Eddie Lyons Jnr and Ross Monaghan in the Costa Del Sol last year.
The first attack took place on the city’s Curzon Street during the early hours of Friday morning before the hoods are believed to have travelled to Honeywell Drive in Stepps. The individuals targeted are understood to be Ronnie Daniel, 41, and Robert Daniel, 51.
Sources told the Record the TMJ footsoldiers ripped into the first property in Glasgow’s Maryhill before trashing the home in their pursuit for Ronnie.
The TMJ gang then travelled to Stepps in an attempt to target Robert but he managed to flee the scene. It comes just weeks after Police Scotland claimed the gang war had come to an end.
READ MORE: Lyons gang order brutal attacks on senior Daniel hoods as war re-ignites
Banned driver who stole Maserati and killed great-grandfather jailed
A disqualified driver who caused the death of a great-grandfather by crashing into the garden where he was working and hitting him with a stolen Maserati has been jailed for more than 13 years.
John Bell, 74, suffered “non-survivable injuries” when he was struck by the car and pinned against the wall of a house in Broughty Ferry near Dundee on April 13 this year.
Fraser Garden, 55, admitted causing Mr Bell’s death by dangerous driving at a hearing at the High Court in Edinburgh last month.
He also admitted theft of a motor vehicle, driving without insurance, driving while disqualified, and failing to provide a blood sample for drug testing.
Garden was jailed for 13 years and six months when he returned to the court for sentencing on Friday.
READ MORE: Banned driver who stole Maserati and killed great-grandfather is jailed
Rangers thugs handed football ban after Old Firm disorder
Two Rangers thugs have been banned from every football stadium in the UK for their part in the shameful disorder which marred the Scottish Cup Old Firm clash at Ibrox.
Mackenzie Graham and John Smith were separately caught on camera during the chaotic scenes which erupted after Celtic knocked Rangers out of the competition on penalties in March.
Graham, 21, from Glasgow, was filmed jumping over a fence and leading a group of supporters onto the pitch, repeatedly encouraging others to join him.
Smith, 19, from Peterhead, was captured throwing a bottle into the Celtic support before he was apprehended by police officers in the stands.
The disorder came as both sets of supporters stormed onto the pitch at the end of the quarter-final, with police, stewards and players assaulted and flares thrown.
READ MORE: Rangers thugs handed football ban over Scottish Cup Old Firm disorder
Mum beaten black and blue after gang storm home in middle of night
A mum was beaten black and blue in her own home and left with a bleed on her brain after a row over a dog fight.
Annette Robertson, 49, was asleep in her bed when she was woken by a knock at the door at around 3am on Monday, August 3.
She told how she was battered by a vicious gang who stormed her property and attacked her and her 19-year-old daughter Remy, who had just returned from work at a nursing home.
The thugs and the mum had an earlier run-in after their dog bit her elderly Lhasa Apso.
She claims that they burst through the door of her house in Kilmarnock before repeatedly stamping on her head and kicking her before breaking a broomstick in two to strike her with blows across her body.
Recalling her ordeal, Annette told the Record: “I thought I was going to die.”
READ MORE: Mum beaten black and blue after gang storm home in middle of night
Dad used bow and arrow to shoot squirrel in front of kid
A dad used a bow and arrow to shoot a squirrel in his garden in front of a child on Christmas Day. The small creature was “pinned against a wall” but somehow survived, a court heard on Thursday, August 20.
Matthew Cumming was charged after a shocked neighbour reported him to an animal welfare charity. Cumming, 36, was fined £185 when he admitted an offence under the Wildlife and Countryside Act.
Airdrie Sheriff Court heard the incident happened at his home in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire, on December 25 last year.
Sheriff James Spy fined Cumming £175 then asked: “Is there a victim surcharge for squirrels?”
READ MORE: Dad used bow and arrow to shoot squirrel in front of child on Christmas Day
Get more Daily Record exclusives by signing up for free to Google’s preferred sources. Click HERE
You must be logged in to post a comment Login