The World Health Organisation has acknowledged that the Ebola outbreak started “a couple of months ago” after criticism from the US – this is a breaking story
The World Health Organisation has acknowledged that the Ebola outbreak started “a couple of months ago” after facing sharp criticism from the US.
US Secretary of State Marco Rubio said on Tuesday that the United Nations’ health agency had been “a little late” in identifying the disease. Rubio told reporters: “The lead is obviously going to be CDC [Centers for Disease Control] and the World Health Organisation [WHO], which was a little late to identify this thing unfortunately.”
At a press conference on Wednesday morning, a reporter asked how long Ebola had been spreading before it was detected and whether the WHO had any response to criticism from Rubio.
Anais Legand, an Academic Researcher from WHO, replied: “Surveillance starts within the communities and starts with the health organisations in every single country.”
This is a Breaking News story. You’ll be more likely to see our stories when any big news breaks in future by simply by clicking this link. You can also join The Mirror’s WhatsApp Community or follow us on Google News, Flipboard, Apple News, TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads – or visit The Mirror homepage.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login