NewsBeat

Gordon Ramsay’s new TV show has ‘already fallen apart’ after former nemesis Marcus Wearing ‘quits’

Published

on

Gordon Ramsay’s new TV show was due to start filming next month but production has permanently halted after his former rival Marcus Wearing told producers he no longer wants to take part

Gordon Ramsay’s latest TV venture has reportedly been left in jeopardy after his former rival and fellow chef Marcus Wearing allegedly quit the show just a few weeks before filming.

Under his TV production company Studio Ramsay, Gordon, 59, was launching a new show on BBC alongside Marcus, 56, who previously graced our screens on MasterChef.

But it looks as though the cinders of their 16 year feud may still be burning despite their recent reconciliation as Marcus reportedly told production he did not want to be part of the show anymore.

Advertisement

A source claimed: “Sadly, the format has already fallen apart. Last week, Marcus told the producers he didn’t want to do it anymore, leading to the show being halted.”

“It’s a shame as there was so much excitement about the reunion. It all feels pretty final, but the BBC could try to rescue it in another way,” they added to the Sun on Sunday.

Back in 2008, the TV chefs fall out became one of the major talking points within the industry. Marcus had been working at one of Gordon’s restaurants as head chef but quit to launch his own restaurant.

Advertisement

This caused a major rift among the pair which led to years of silence, but they reconciled a few months ago which led to them agreeing to work together.

Speaking about the upcoming series, the Kitchen Nightmares star previously said: “Marcus and I go back a long way. And I’m delighted we’re coming together to bring this special series to BBC Daytime.”

In June, Marcus added: “This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside Gordon again. It’s been many years since we last shared a kitchen. I can’t wait to get started.”

Last year, he took part in a school talk to discuss his journey from a budding chef to a Michelin starred TV star. But one pupil was only concerned with whether he knew the Hell’s Kitchen favourite.

Advertisement

When asked, he responded: “I know him very, very well. I worked with him. I was business partners with him. He was the best man at my wedding and then I fell out with him.”

The pair had opened a restaurant together back in 1999 called Pétrus. However, Marcus had plans on going solo, taking over the lease, which resulted in a bitter fall out and a legal battle

Following the legal fall out, Gordon maintained ownership of the Pétrus name and his pal moved on to open Waering at The Berkeley Hotel.

Advertisement

The Mirror has contacted reps for Gordon and Marcus for a comment. A BBC spokesman declined to comment.

Like this story? For more of the latest showbiz news and gossip, follow Mirror Celebs on TikTok, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads.

Source link

Advertisement

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Cancel reply

Trending

Exit mobile version