NewsBeat

Horwich barber reopens after car smashed through shop

Published

on

Darren Southworth, 57, was left devastated after a car ploughed into his barber shop on Lee Lane in February.

He had been running the popular Darren’s Barbers for six years before the incident happened.

More than three months later, Darren officially reopened the shop on May 14.

Darren Southworth (Image: Supplied)

He said he has been overwhelmed by the support he received from the Horwich community.

Advertisement

Darren said: “My first day back in Darren’s Barbers was incredible.

“Big shout out to the best chippy in Horwich, Mr Chips, who supplied fish and chips free of charge for my ‘chips and champagne’ shop warming do.

“I want to say thank you to everyone who called in for a trim and for all the special gifts I received. I really am extremely grateful.”

A passer-by said it looked like one side of the car had been “flattened” after the dramatic crash (Image: Ruby Watson)

Discussing the kindness shown by people during a turbulent time, Darren said three nearby barbers offered him a chair in their shops.

Advertisement

He chose Haer Collective down the road while he worked to get his business back on track.

Darren said the strangest part of the incident was that he owns a framed newspaper article dated April 23, 1937, which tells the story of almost exactly the same thing happening.

At the time of the crash, Greater Manchester Police confirmed there had been injuries but no fatalities.

Advertisement

Source link

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Cancel reply

Trending

Exit mobile version