Morison Gardens remains closed after a 54-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene early on Friday morning.
A man has been arrested and charged following an alleged stabbing in South Queensferry. Emergency services were called to Morison Gardens at around 6.10am on Friday after reports a man had been attacked.
Despite efforts from paramedics, a 54-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. Police Scotland confirmed the death is being treated as suspicious and a post-mortem examination will be carried out in due course.
Police confirmed the 58-year-old who was arrested on Friday has since been charged. He is due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Monday.
Morison Gardens remains closed, along with a partial closure of Stewart Terrace, as officers conduct enquiries. Forensic teams were working at the scene throughout Friday, with a blue forensic tent erected in the front garden of a property and officers also seen carrying out searches in nearby woodland.
Additional patrols have been deployed in the area to reassure the local community, with residents told they can approach officers if they have concerns. A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Police received a report a man had been assaulted on Morison Gardens, South Queensferry, around 6.10am on Friday.
“Emergency services attended, however, the 54-year-old man died at the scene. Officers are treating the death as suspicious and a postmortem examination will be carried out in due course.
“A 58-year-old man has been arrested and charged in connection. He is due to appear at Edinburgh Sheriff Court on Monday, 25 May.
“Morison Gardens remains closed, along with a partial closure of Stewart Terrace, as officers conduct enquiries.”
Get more Daily Record exclusives by signing up for free to Google’s preferred sources. Click HERE.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login