NewsBeat

Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool and Arsenal get Barcola boost, Man City identify Rodri replacement

Published

on

Cristiano Ronaldo drops hint over fresh retirement plans

Cristiano Ronaldo has suggested he is likely to retire at the end of the season with his motivation to leave “a spectacular legacy.”

”This is probably my last year of football,” Ronaldo, 41, told Vogue. Ronaldo also detailed how he has his future off the pitch “all mapped out”.

He added: “I have so many things to keep me busy that to tell you just one thing is hard. Because football could leave a big hole, you have to fill your time in various ways, not just one.”

Advertisement

Ronaldo married his partner Georgina Rodríguez in Cascais last week.

He suggested that he wanted to “continue to enjoy what I’ve earned – what we’ve earned. Because after all it’s been 25 years with a lot of sacrifice.”

(Getty)

Jack Rathborn17 August 2026 10:35

Advertisement

Tottenham accept Juventus offer for goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario

Tottenham have accepted a season-long loan offer with option to buy from Juventus for goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario, who is set to return to Italy after two seasons at Spurs.

Tottenham will go into the new season with Antonin Kinsky as their No. 1 after his impressive end to last season.

Juventus, meanwhile, moved to compete a deal for the Italian Vicario after talks with Aston Villa to sign Emiliano Martinez broke down last night.

(Getty)

Jamie Braidwood17 August 2026 10:16

Advertisement

Harry Maguire wants Marcus Rashford to stay at Manchester United

Marcus Rashford made his first appearance for Manchester United in 20 months after returning to Michael Carrick’s side for their final pre-season fixture against AC Milan, but his Old Trafford future remains unclear.

He could yet be involved in United’s Premier League opener against Hull City on Saturday, with Carrick calling Rashford “our player” and saying it was “exciting” to have him back.

It was reported in May that United’s preference was to sell Rashford, who has two years remaining on his contract. Rashford wanted to stay at Barcelona but they opted against exercising their option to buy.

“Obviously the transfer window is still open. As players, we hope he stays because if he does, he is a big asset to have. He can improve us for sure,” defender Harry Maguire said after the loss to Milan.

Advertisement

“You saw when he came on, he threatened the backline really well. He could have ‌scored. He’s a huge threat. I’ve played with Marcus for numerous years and I know that playing against him `and playing with him in training is going to help us.”

(Reuters)

Jamie Braidwood17 August 2026 10:05

Coventry set to sign Nottingham Forest’s Taiwo Awoniyi

Nottingham Forest waved farewell to striker Taiwo Awoniyi ahead of his £17m move to Coventry City.

Awoniyi was given a guard of honour during Forest’s final pre-season friendly at the City Ground.

Advertisement

Coventry have US striker Haji Wright, who is injured, as well as Ellis Simms and Brandon Thomas-Asante, with Lampard turning to Premier League experience.

Awoniyi, 29, scored 23 goals in 103 games for Forest but was behind Chris Wood and Igor Jesus in their pecking order.

(PA)

Jamie Braidwood17 August 2026 09:45

Liam Delap attracting more attention ahead of deadline

Liam Delap could be available for around £50m this summer and the Chelsea forward will have no shortage of suitors. Teamtalk report that Everton lead the chase for the 23-year-old, with Nottingham Forest and Newcastle also on the radar. Italian side Como, who will be playing Champions League next season, have also been linked with the striker.

Advertisement

Chelsea have brought in Danny Welbeck to support Joao Pedro this season, with opportunities for Delap set to be limited.

(Getty)

Jamie Braidwood17 August 2026 09:25

Man City revive interest in Pedro Neto?

Manchester City face competition from Al Hilal for Chelsea winger Pedro Neto.

That’s according to TalkSport, who report that Enzo Maresca is keen to be reunited with the Portugal international.

Advertisement

Neto started at wing-back for Chelsea in their final pre-season game against Real Sociedad on Saturday.

But City are set to sell Savinho to Tottenham, while Neto may struggle for minutes this season following the arrival of Morgan Rogers.

(Getty)

Jamie Braidwood17 August 2026 09:05

Man City set to sign Ayyoub Bouaddi after selling Rodri to Barcelona

Manchester City are now set to agree a fee for Ayyoub Bouaddi after agreeing to sell Rodri to Barcelona.

Advertisement

Bouaddi, the 18-year-old wonderkid who impressed at the World Cup for Morocco, had been linked with a move next year but City have stepped up their advances.

His club, Lille, confirmed talks were ongoing on Friday but it would take at least £85m to sign the teenager.

City have already undergone major changes in midfield this summer, spending £116m on Elliot Anderson, while agreeing a deal to sell Tijjani Reijnders to Al Qadisah.

Enzo Maresca was asked about Bouaddi following Manchester City’s 3-0 defeat to Arsenal in the Community Shield on Sunday and said that when it comes to new signings the “sooner the better”.

Advertisement

“He’s still a Lille player,” Maresca said. “But any new signing, any new player, for sure as soon as they arrive it’s better. Because we’re going to start the Premier League in one week.

“If they start to work with us as soon as possible, it’s better if they can also understand the way we need to play.”

(Getty)

Jamie Braidwood17 August 2026 08:45

Tottenham’s Guglielmo Vicario close to Juventus switch after Emi Martinez talks break down

Juventus have stepped up their interest in Guglielmo Vicario and are eager to finalise a deal quickly for the Tottenham goalkeeper.

Advertisement

Vicario has been in limbo all summer after he asked Spurs boss Roberto De Zerbi to leave and return to his homeland following three years in north London.

Juventus emerged as Vicario’s favoured option, but they first targeted a move for Emi Martinez and then Parma youngster Zion Suzki. However, after major developments across the weekend, the Serie A club have opened talks with Tottenham over the loan signing of Vicario.

De Zerbi gave the green light for Vicario to leave after Antonin Kinsky stepped up to guide Tottenham away from relegation with a string of fine displays in the final seven matches of last season.

(PA)

George Sessions17 August 2026 08:25

Advertisement

‘An exciting moment’: Scotland confirm Sebastien Pocognoli as Steve Clarke replacement

Sebastien Pocognoli has been confirmed as the new Scotland head coach.

The former Union Saint-Gilloise and Monaco head coach has signed an initial two-year contract to succeed Steve Clarke.

Pocognoli, a former Belgium international, led Union to the 2024-25 Belgian title in his first season as a head coach.

The 39-year-old described his appointment as an “honour” and added on the Scottish Football Association website: “When I first heard of the interest, I was immediately excited about the opportunity.

Advertisement

“Scotland’s supporters are famous for their passion – most recently at the World Cup in the USA – and I have experienced it myself as a player for Belgium when we played in 2013.

“Along with my coaching staff, I will do everything I can to give them a team to be proud of and build on the success that has been achieved already by my predecessor.”

Gavin McCafferty17 August 2026 08:05

Advertisement

Why Arsenal’s Community Shield victory over Man City is so ominous for title rivals

The Premier League champions won the Community Shield in a statement display in Cardiff, giving Mikel Arteta an early-season triumph while condemning new City boss Enzo Maresca to defeat in his first game in charge.

Lawrence Ostlere17 August 2026 07:45

Source link

Advertisement

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Cancel reply

Trending

Exit mobile version