Connect with us

Sports

Nash Rawiller misses out on Weeping Woman due to weight in 2026 Triscay Stakes

Published

on

The jockey Nash Rawiller distinguishes himself through courageous approaches to races and tireless finishes.

Joe Pride, his trainer, adds that discerning horse judgment completes his toolkit.

Their fruitful collaboration in late years shines brightest with elite sprinter Eduardo, teaching Pride to value Rawiller’s opinions.

Rawiller’s involvement has been crucial for developing sprint mare Weeping Woman, but weight restrictions bar him from the Triscay Stakes (1200m) on Saturday; however, Pride still recalls his recent trial evaluation vividly.

Advertisement

“Nash got off her the other day after her trial and he said, ‘I wouldn’t be surprised if she graduates to being a Group One horse at some point, this mare’,” Pride relayed.

“I was a bit taken aback because I didn’t have her as that, but I have found over the years he is a bloody good judge, Nash.”

Weeping Woman’s most recent outing was victory in the Listed Razor Sharp Handicap (1200m) during December, with ongoing fitness from then.

Fellow stable resident Coal Crusher, a reliable performer, lines up again in the Expressway Stakes (1200m).

Advertisement

Previously second to King Of Sparta in the equivalent race two years ago, he tackles high-class opponents like Group 1 winners Joliestar and Lady Shenandoah on Saturday, a field Pride finds impressively deep for its limited numbers.

“This is a ripper of a version,” Pride said.

“He’s going to be a big price because everybody doesn’t think he’s got the class of the others, but I have kept him up to the mark.

He had a good hit-out in a trial the other day and went really well. I think he’ll run a cheeky race, and he’ll get out and scoot.”

Advertisement

Ridden by Chad Schofield at $15—the outsiders’ bracket in the six-horse affair—Coal Crusher follows Weeping Woman, the $4.40 top pick under Tim Clark.

Visit the racing betting markets to find the best prices for Saturday’s Triscay Stakes.

The post Weight keeps Rawiller from Woman in Triscay Stakes first appeared on Just Horse Racing.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

T20 World Cup: South Africa beat UAE in final group game

Published

on

South Africa fine-tuned their preparations for the T20 World Cup Super 8s by cruising to a six-wicket win against the United Arab Emirates in their final group game in Delhi.

Set a target of 123 by the UAE, who had already been eliminated, South Africa knocked off the runs with 40 balls to spare in a match where the only thing that came close to threatening a Proteas victory was the weather.

With qualification for the next stage already secured, South Africa made four changes – resting David Miller, Marco Jansen, Keshav Maharaj and Lungi Ngidi – and chose to field first after winning the toss.

UAE made a steady start to their innings through Aryansh Sharma (13) and captain Muhammad Waseem (22), before Corbin Bosch and George Linde struck to remove the openers.

Advertisement

Their hopes of building a competitive total then rested largely on Alishan Sharafu, but with wickets falling around him UAE’s innings faded away.

With Sharafu departing five runs short of what would have been his second half‑century of the tournament, UAE mustered just 20 in the final four overs to finish on 122-6.

The covers came on during the innings break as rain delayed South Africa’s response but when they did return, the Proteas were given a fast start by captain Aiden Markram, who struck an 11-ball 28.

Ryan Rickelton and Dewald Brevis then kept pace with 30 and 36 respectively as the 2024 finalists reached their target in the 14th over.

Advertisement

The UAE’s only win of the tournament was against Canada while South Africa had a perfect record in Group D with four wins from four matches.

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Kevin O’Connell Hit with Two Spooky Words

Published

on

Advertisement

Kevin O’Connell standing on the sideline before a Vikings game at U.S. Bank Stadium.
Kevin O’Connell scans the field on October 20, 2024, at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis before the Vikings face the Detroit Lions, standing along the sideline during pregame warmups as Minnesota prepares for a pivotal NFC North matchup with standings implications. Mandatory Credit: Matt Krohn-Imagn Images.

It’s a little early for the label — NFL-themed meida usually waits until the summer — but that didn’t stop FOX Sports from placing head coaches on the hot seat last week. Ralph Vacchiano identified 10 coaches with toasty buttocks, and Minnesota Vikings skipper Kevin O’Connell was not spared.

The GM reset tightens the stakes for O’Connell, and the expectations shift to postseason results as the Vikings enter a defining 2026 year.

O’Connell has led the Vikings for four seasons, banking the league’s fifth-best win percentage on his watch, but his team has not won a playoff game.

Advertisement

The Hot Seat for Kevin O’Connell in 2026 Is Real

The heat is on.

Kevin O’Connell speaks with Vikings wide receivers at training camp in Eagan. Kevin O’Connell hot seat.
Jul 28, 2025; Eagan, MN, USA; Minnesota Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell addresses his wide receivers during training camp at the Minnesota Vikings Training Facility on Jul. 28, 2025. O’Connell spoke between reps as the offense rotated through drills, reinforcing details and tempo while Minnesota prepared for the upcoming regular season. Mandatory Credit: Matt Krohn-Imagn Images

Fox Sports Hot Seat List: KOC Named

Vacchiano listed hot-seat coaches from warmest to hottest, and at No. 7, O’Connell got the nod. Vacchiano claimed that six other coaches are under more pressure.

He wrote about O’Connell, “He’s incredibly well-respected, has a reputation as one of the greatest ‘quarterback whisperers’ in the league, and has won nearly twice as many games as he’s lost during his five seasons.

Advertisement

“He just got a lucrative contract extension, too. But his boss, owner Zygi Wilf, clearly wasn’t happy with the Vikings’ 9-8 record this past season and some of their recent quarterback decisions. That’s why he fired GM Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.”

The Vikings very vividly preferred O’Connell over Adofo-Mensah; it’s rare for an ownership group not fire both the GM and HC as a package deal. But the Vikings are trying an experiment with O’Connell as the CEO by default.

Vacchiano added, “And while, yes, that means O’Connell emerged the victor of a power struggle, it also puts the heat on him. He’s got to prove Wilf was right, which means developing QB J.J. McCarthy and probably returning to the playoffs next season. Anything else, and who knows what Wilf will do?”

Aaron Glenn of the New York Jets led the way for Vacchiano’s hot seat rankings, with Philadelphia Eagles skipper Nick Sirianni at No. 2.

Advertisement

Pressure on O’Connell after the Termination of Kwesi Adofo-Mensah

History suggests that retaining a head coach after firing the general manager is a recipe for failure. The “GM-only reset” often accelerates the timeline toward further upheaval, as continued poor performance often leads to the coach’s dismissal. Tennessee and Carolina have followed this pattern, and Miami nearly did in 2025 before firing Mike McDaniel weeks later.

Now, Minnesota has embarked on the same path.

With Adofo-Mensah’s firing on January 30th, O’Connell gains more influence over the roster, but this increased power also brings heightened accountability. If the Vikings, with O’Connell- and Brian Flores-influenced personnel additions, struggle to a 6-11 or 7-10 record in 2026 due to an unsuccessful bet on McCarthy, the Wilfs are unlikely to stand pat.

Advertisement

O’Connell is entering his fifth year without a playoff win, making a postseason appearance essential, and a playoff victory likely necessary, as few head coaches reach a fifth season without January success.

This situation leaves little room for error, as the head coach rarely survives the subsequent downturn when the general manager is fired first.

Playoffs or Bust?

To his credit, Minnesota has reached the playoffs twice in four years on O’Connell’s watch. The problem? O’Connell hasn’t logged a playoff victory yet, and that’s usually required for full job security. In fact, Minnesota hasn’t won a postseason game in six years — the game when tight end Kyle Rudolph walked off the New Orleans Saints in the Superdome. Gradually, the drought is becoming grim.

Advertisement
Kevin O’Connell glances toward scoreboard during game at Soldier Field.
Oct 15, 2023; Chicago, IL, USA; Minnesota Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell looks toward the scoreboard during second-half action against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field on Oct. 15, 2023. O’Connell studied the situation from the sideline as Minnesota worked through late-game adjustments in a tight NFC North divisional road contest. Mandatory Credit: Jamie Sabau-USA TODAY Sports

So, at the very least, O’Connell must figure out his quarterback solution — roll with McCarthy or find a competent insurance plan — finish with a 9-8 record or better in 2026, and probably win a playoff game. Unfortunately for his sake, the timeline has been expedited because he hasn’t won in January, and the ownership picked him over Adofo-Mensah, putting the onus on him to deliver.

The Accolades

Here’s the case to support O’Connell as an effective head coach:

  • 2024 NFL Coach of the Year
  • NFL’s fifth-best win percentage since 2022
  • NFL’s best defense per EPA/Play since 2022
  • Sixth-fewest penalties since 2022
Kevin O’Connell watches fourth quarter against Packers at Lambeau Field.
Jan 1, 2023; Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA; Minnesota Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell watches from the sideline during the fourth quarter against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field on Jan. 1, 2023. O’Connell observed the closing moments as Minnesota battled its division rival in a late-season road matchup. Mandatory Credit: Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports

The pro-O’Connell crowd will maintain that he needs a steady QB1 — his teams are 37-15 (.711) when he has his QB1 in the starting lineup — and better draft picks. Adofo-Mensah notoriously and woefully struggled to connect in the draft.

Nominate a clear QB1, draft better, run the football at a normal NFL clip, and prosper. That’s how O’Connell can avoid termination in 2026.


avatar
Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Heavyweight final eliminator for Oleksandr Usyk’s title added to Fundora vs Thurman card

Published

on

Oleksandr Usyk is soon set to have another mandatory challenger.

The Ukrainian became undisputed in the heavyweight division for the second time when he beat Daniel Dubois to win back the IBF belt last year, though soon vacated the WBO, which was picked up by Fabio Wardley.

With WBC interim champion Agit Kabayel guaranteed a shot at Usyk’s green and gold belt following a permitted voluntary defence, the IBF is now set to elevate a contender to mandatory status as well.

Advertisement

Frank Sanchez, currently ranked number three, will take on Richard Torrez Jr, four, in a final eliminator after other ordered fights fell through. The bout will serve as co-main event to Sebastian Fundora’s WBC Super-Welterweight World title defence against Keith Thurman on March 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas and streamed live on Prime PPV.

Torrez is one of, if not the most promising young heavyweight in the US. The 24-year-old southpaw won silver at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, losing only to Bakhodir Jalolov in the final, and turned professional with Top Rank soon after.

He brings a blend of pressure and pedigree to the paid ranks and, despite standing under 6ft 3in, compensates with work rate, durability and heavy hands, stopping the 12 of his 14 opponents inside the distance. Torrez has been moved steadily, with his handlers keen to balance activity with development, but this is a good step up to build on an impressive 2025 win over Guido Vianello. He carries the pressure of reinvigorating the American heavyweight scene.

Cuba’s Sanchez represents the experienced end of the division’s emerging contenders. Now in his early 30s, he built his reputation through his nation’s amateur system before defecting and relocating to the United States, where he trains under Eddy Reynoso of Canelo Alvarez fame.

Advertisement

Sanchez combines sharp counterpunching with disciplined defence and a measured approach. His biggest statement win came against Efe Ajagba in 2021, though he later suffered a setback against Agit Kabayel.

Both men compete for a first shot at the world title which, in reality, may not come against Usyk, who would more likely vacate the belt in search of a higher profile fight.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

4 Directions for Randy Orton at WrestleMania 42

Published

on

Randy Orton is one win away from main eventing WrestleMania 42. If the Viper wins the Elimination Chamber contest on February 28 in Chicago, he will make it to Mania and challenge Drew McIntyre for the Undisputed WWE Championship.

However, it won’t be a cakewalk for the Apex Predator. Elimination Chamber has participants like Cody Rhodes, LA Knight, and Je’Von Evans qualified so far. Two more superstars will enter the pod and will do everything in their capacity to win the match. Hence, it won’t be easy for Randy Orton to walk out with a win after beating five other men.

Therefore, if he doesn’t win, he will have to chalk out his way to WrestleMania 42. In this listicle, we will list four directions for Randy Orton at WrestleMania 42.

Advertisement

#4 Heel turn and feud with Cody Rhodes

Randy Orton’s heel turn is much-awaited, with WWE dropping subtle hints in the last few months. The company can finally pull the trigger at Elimination Chamber this month, with the 14-time WWE Champion finally going back to his old ways.

Orton and Cody Rhodes are going to enter the Elimination Chamber, and both will be looking to win. Despite a mutual respect, both superstars will have to get their hands on each other, and that could lead to Orton finally turning heel. Cody Rhodes can eliminate Orton with a Cross Rhodes, which can infuriate the Viper, and he can lead to Cody’s elimination after hitting him with an RKO.

youtube-cover

This will kick-start a bitter rivalry between the two WWE legends, with both of them heading to Mania for an epic clash. The fans have been looking for a rivalry between Orton and Rhodes because of their past student-mentor relationship in WWE. It can finally take shape in Chicago this month.

#3 WWE Championship match vs Drew McIntyre

Surprisingly, Randy Orton can also win the Elimination Chamber match and face Drew McIntyre at WrestleMania 42. Orton has been saying for a long time that he is looking to win his 15th WWE Championship. He even reminded Cody Rhodes that there isn’t anything more dangerous than a 14-time WWE Champion chasing his next title.

Advertisement

Moreover, WWE has also been under fire for not pushing Randy Orton in the company. His absence from the promotional video of WrestleMania 42 also triggered a backlash from his fans. Therefore, the company can try to do damage control by booking Orton to win the Chamber and then beat Drew to win the Undisputed Championship at WrestleMania 42.

#2 Randy Orton is revealed as Jacob Fatu’s mystery attacker

Another direction for Randy Orton, if he loses the Elimination Chamber match, is a possible clash with Jacob Fatu. At Eliminatin Chamber match, Jacob Fatu can come out and somehow sneak into the pod to take out Orton, and then reveal him as his attacker on SmackDown last year.

The Samoan Werewolf was assaulted by a mysterious person on the October 17, 2025, edition of SmackDown. He was out of action for the next two months and returned only on the January 9 episode of SmackDown this year. However, Fatu hasn’t revealed his attacker, and it’s anticipated that he might do so now before Mania. After taking out Orton at Chamber, the two legends can go against each other at Mania.

#1 4-way match with Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, and Jacob Fatu

The fans can also expect a Fatal 4-Way clash at WrestleMania 42. Cody Rhodes can win the Elimination Chamber match and challenge Drew for the title, but Orton and Fatu can also jump in between, forcing Nick Aldis to announce a Fatal 4-Way clash at Mania.

Advertisement

The booking also makes sense as Cody and Drew have clashed against each other three times in the last six months in a singles match. Another singles match, and that too as the main event of WrestleMania 42, would be a boring contest. Therefore, WWE could pivot and change the booking for Mania.