Connect with us

Sports

The strange experience of watching Scottie Scheffler in last place

Published

on

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Scott Bessent call out Olympic skier Eileen Gu over China decision

Published

on

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent weighed in on the controversy over the American-born Olympic skier Eileen Gu’s decision to compete for China over the U.S. 

During an interview on Fox News’ “The Will Cain Show” on Friday, Bessent suggested Gu “sold out” with her decision to compete for America’s greatest adversary, comparing her to billionaire Democrat donor George Soros

“It was just like this young Olympic athlete that the Vice President was talking about earlier on the previous show. America was great to her, she sold out to China. America was great to Mr. Soros,” Bessent said. 

Advertisement

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM 

Eileen Gu of Team People's Republic of China falls in the Women's Freeski Halfpipe Qualification 1 on day thirteen of the Milan Cortina 2026 Winter Olympic games at Livigno Air Park on Feb. 19, 2026 in Livigno, Italy. 

Eileen Gu of Team People’s Republic of China falls in the Women’s Freeski Halfpipe Qualification 1 on day thirteen of the Milan Cortina 2026 Winter Olympic games at Livigno Air Park on Feb. 19, 2026 in Livigno, Italy.  (Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)

Bessent referenced comments made by Vice President JD Vance in response to a question about Gu during a Tuesday interview on Fox News’ “The Story With Martha MacCallum.”

“I certainly think that someone who grew up in the United States of America who benefited from our education system, from the freedoms and liberties that makes this country a great place, I would hope they want to compete with the United States of America,” Vance said on “The Story With Martha MacCallum.” 

“So, I’m going to root for American athletes. I think part of that is people who identify themselves as Americans. That’s who I’m rooting for in this Olympics.”  

Advertisement

Gu responded to Vance’s comments on Thursday.

“I’m flattered. Thanks, JD! That’s sweet,” Gu said of Vance’s comments, per USA Today.

Gu was also asked if she currently feels “like a bit of a punching bag for a certain strand of American politics” after her competition on Thursday. 

EILEEN GU GARNERS BACKLASH FOR COMMENTING ON TRUMP’S STATEMENT WHILE REPRESENTING CHINA

Advertisement

“I do,” she said, per USA Today. “So many athletes compete for a different country. … People only have a problem with me doing it because they kind of lump China into this monolithic entity, and they just hate China. So it’s not really about what they think it’s about.

“And also, because I win. Like if I wasn’t doing well, I think that they probably wouldn’t care as much, and that’s OK for me. People are entitled to their opinions.”

Gu has previously said she was “physically assaulted” for her decision to represent China.  

“The police were called. I’ve had death threats. I’ve had my dorm robbed,” Gu told The Athletic. “I’ve gone through some things as a 22-year-old that I really think no one should ever have to endure, ever.”

Advertisement

Gu has been the subject of global criticism since her decision to represent China dating back to the original decision in 2019, and her first Winter Olympics in Beijing in 2022. This year, that criticism has ramped up, as she has won two silver medals and even responded to a question about President Donald Trump criticizing U.S. Olympian Hunter Hess for being critical of the current state of America.

“I’m sorry that the headline that is eclipsing the Olympics has to be something so unrelated to the spirit of the Games. It really runs contrary to everything the Olympics should be,” Gu told reporters Monday. “The whole point of sport is to bring people together… One of the very few common languages, that of the human body, that of the human spirit, the competitive spirit, the capacity to break not only records, but especially in our sport, literally the human limit. How wonderful is that?”

Gu also claimed she had been “caught in the crossfire” herself.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Advertisement
Eileen Gu

Silver medalist Eileen Gu of China poses for photos after the awarding ceremony of the freestyle skiing women’s freeski big air event at the Milan Cortina 2026 Olympic Winter Games in Livigno, Italy, Feb. 16, 2026.  (Wang Peng/Xinhua via Getty Images)

“As someone who has got caught in the crossfire before, I feel sorry for the athletes,” Gu said. “I hope that they can ski to their very best.”

Gu will compete in the women’s freestyle skiing halfpipe final on Saturday after winning silvers in her first two events.  

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Advertisement

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Watch Live: Olympic Morning

Published

on

Cross-country skiing, biathlon and speedskating are on the docket for Olympic Morning on Day 15. Coverage starts on Saturday at 4:50 a.m. ET / 1:50 a.m. PT.

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Michael Jordan describes golf in 4 words. And ‘heaven’ in Kenya

Published

on

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

‘Losing the dressing room’ – what can it mean? How does it happen?

Published

on

In Dyche’s case, a dressing room can be lost very quickly, after succeeding Ange Postecoglou to become Forest’s third permanent manager this season.

Dyche’s reign went downhill after a good start, with BBC sources suggesting he struggled to bond with some players who questioned his methods and tactics, as he focused on the squad’s physicality.

Players’ opinions were also canvassed after defeat at Leeds United and they did not give Dyche their full backing.

So how quickly can a dressing room turn against a manager – and could it even happen before he steps through the door?

Advertisement

Sutton said: “Players talk when a new manager comes in. Some players may have experienced that manager before, or there may have been fall-out. I think instant impact is important.

“Certain managers will go into a club and want to do things their own particular way. They may leave out a club legend who’s already there, or a strong character, then that person won’t be happy and might be influential in the dressing room.”

Murphy believes every manager gets a chance, but warned: “It can change within three or four games.

“It can happen after a few bad results and performances, when you feel like you’re really struggling, getting beaten heavily, not competing in games.

Advertisement

“So maybe a month. One of the difficulties is when you have a dressing room where there is a little bit of pushback because some players are OK with the manager.

“This can become toxic as well because what you don’t want is a group of players who feel differently, because then you don’t have that cohesion and togetherness.

“But I would suggest when it starts going wrong it becomes a majority quite quickly.”

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Floyd Mayweather coming out of retirement again after Mike Tyson exhibition

Published

on

Floyd Mayweather has announced he is coming out of retirement again.

The former multi-weight champion, who turns 49 later this month, is due to fight Mike Tyson in an exhibition bout in Spring, even though the specifics like date and venue have not been confirmed.

But after sharing the ring with “Iron Mike”, Mayweather will resume his professional career with his first fight slated for this summer. His first opponent will be confirmed at a later date, along with the venue.

This is the American’s fourth comeback from retirement, having previously hung up the gloves in 2007 and 2015, before most recently calling it quits in 2017 after his lucrative fight with former UFC champion Conor McGregor.

“I still have what it takes to set more records in the sport of boxing – from my upcoming Mike Tyson event to my next professional fight afterwards – no one will generate a bigger gate, have a larger global broadcast audience and generate more money with each event – than my events,” said Mayweather.

Advertisement
Floyd Mayweather will resume his professional career

Floyd Mayweather will resume his professional career (AP)

Mayweather, who will return to the professional game with an undefeated record of 50-0, has signed with CSI Sports and Fight Sports.

He won titles across five weight classes across a glittering career which saw him headline three of the highest-grossing bouts in history against eight-weight world champion Manny Pacquiao, Mexican pound-for-pound sensation Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, and McGregor.

This latest return sets up a first professional fight for Mayweather in nearly a decade, but “Money” has been involved in several exhibitions since his last retirement in 2017.

Advertisement

He most recently squared off against John Gotti III, the grandson of New York crime boss John Gotti, in August 2024 and has also contested bouts with YouTubers Logan Paul and Olajide Olatunji, the brother of KSI.

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Bracketology Bubble Watch: Miami (Ohio) still undefeated; TCU vs. West Virginia is crucial for both teams

Published

on


Here’s the full bubble picture before a full Saturday of games featuring NCAA Tournament hopefuls

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

My first Titleist Vokey Wedge Fitting

Published

on

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Janel Grant breaks public silence after Vince McMahon lawsuit

Published

on

Former WWE employee Janel Grant recently made a huge public appearance. She had earlier filed a lawsuit against Vince McMahon.

A huge lawsuit against Mr. McMahon rocked the WWE. The former WWE paralegal in her 2024 lawsuit detailed that Vince McMahon sexually abused and trafficked her during her employment in the company. The former CEO and Chairman denied the claims but had to step away from his roles in the company.

In a 16-minute address to the press, Miss Grant detailed that many employees at the WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT, remain intimidated, despite McMahon stepping away from the company years ago. She also recalled the terrifying moment she knew that the media would be publishing her story, and she would not be able to talk about it openly.

Advertisement

“So imagine me getting a phone call I didn’t expect, saying that at any minute the Wall Street Journal would be publishing a story about me, Vince McMahon, and a non-disclosure agreement. I was told, if anybody asks me about this, I can’t make a comment, I can’t acknowledge it, I can’t say I’m not okay, and if anybody approaches me, I can’t acknowledge years of life to people who saw me live it. And it was like somebody set fire to my home intentionally with me still inside of it.” (H/T Post Wrestling)

The former WWE employee went on to describe how she tried to end her life, but someone saw her and stopped it from happening.


Janel Grant spoke about the NDA with Vince McMahon

During the address, Janel Grant argued that non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) were being misused to hide harmful behavior rather than protect privacy. She suggested that when NDAs are used this way, they allow misconduct to continue and affect future victims.

Grant described feeling isolated and financially strained by what happened to her. She said the NDA allowed exploitation to continue without checks. She also recalled rejecting an alleged effort to call her relationship with Vince McMahon consensual.