Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

Mohammed Shami cleared in Rs 1 lakh cheque bounce case filed by estranged wife Hasin Jahan | Cricket News

Published

on

Mohammed Shami cleared in Rs 1 lakh cheque bounce case filed by estranged wife Hasin Jahan
Mohammed Shami and his estranged wife Hasin Jahan

NEW DELHI: Indian cricketer Mohammed Shami has been cleared by the Alipore Court in a cheque bounce case filed by his estranged wife Hasin Jahan. The case was related to a Rs 1 lakh cheque that Jahan claimed had bounced after being deposited in a bank.The matter had been ongoing for nearly four years. On Wednesday, the Chief Judicial Magistrate’s court in Alipore acquitted Shami of all charges. Confirming the verdict during an interaction with news agency IANS, Shami’s lawyer Salim Rahman said, “Cricketer Mohammed Shami has been acquitted in the four-year-old case which was filed by his wife.”After the court ruling, Shami said he always believed the judgment would go in his favour. “I have paid every rupee that I was required to pay. Whether on or off the field, I always strive to handle every situation to the best of my ability,” he told reporters.The cheque bounce case is only one part of the long-running legal battle between Shami and Hasin Jahan. Back in 2018, Jahan had filed several complaints against Shami and his family members, including allegations related to financial support and maintenance.At present, under orders from the Calcutta High Court, Shami pays Rs 1.5 lakh per month to Hasin Jahan and Rs 2.5 lakh monthly for the upbringing of their daughter.However, Hasin Jahan later approached the Supreme Court of India, arguing that the amount was not enough to manage household expenses. During the hearing, the apex court questioned whether Rs 4 lakh per month was insufficient for the care of a mother and daughter.Shami, meanwhile, continues to play for Lucknow Super Giants in the IPL while also dealing with the ongoing legal matters.

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Wrexham A.F.C. Congratulate Arthur Okonkwo on First Super Eagles Call-Up

Published

on

English Championship club Wrexham A.F.C. have sent warm congratulations to their goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo after reports of his invitation to join Nigeria’s senior national team, the Super Eagles, for the upcoming Unity Cup.

Hours ago, the NFF released the squad list, but Wrexham had already acknowledged the news on Tuesday, celebrating what is expected to be the 23-year-old goalkeeper’s first senior international call-up.

“Congratulations to Arthur Okonkwo on receiving his first call up to the Nigeria squad ahead of the Unity Cup,” the club wrote on its official social media platforms.

  • Super EaglesSuper Eagles

Advertisement
Arthur Okonkwo cleared to represent Nigeria ahead of Unity CupArthur Okonkwo cleared to represent Nigeria ahead of Unity CupArthur Okonkwo cleared to represent Nigeria ahead of Unity CupArthur Okonkwo cleared to represent Nigeria ahead of Unity Cup
Arthur Okonkwo cleared to represent Nigeria ahead of Unity Cup

Okonkwo, who has impressed for Wrexham this season with consistent performances between the posts, is now expected to be part of the Super Eagles team for the Unity Cup, which will be staged in London later this month.

The tournament is seen as an important opportunity for Nigeria to test a blend of home-based and overseas players as preparations continue for future competitions. Okonkwo’s inclusion is regarded as a major step forward in his growing career.

Fans of Wrexham and Nigerian football supporters will be watching closely as the young goalkeeper looks to make an impact on the international stage during the London-based competition.

Advertisement

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Enzo Amore spotted at WWE Performance Center

Published

on

Enzo Amore has been the talk of the town as WWE reportedly was in contact with the former Cruiserweight Champion. According to a new report, Amore was recently at the Performance Center ahead of NXT.

Enzo Amore and Big Cass became a household name in the industry with their work on the black-and-gold brand under Triple H’s creative leadership. The tag team received their main roster call-up in 2016, but both stars were done with the promotion in the coming years.

While Amore was fired in January 2018, Cass was released in June. The two have reunited as a tag team on the independent circuit, but the Stamford-based promotion might have an interest in Amore. Recently, a report suggested that the company was in contact with the two-time Cruiserweight Champion during WrestleMania week.

Advertisement

According to False Finish, the 39-year-old star has been at the Performance Center before the recent edition of NXT. Another rumor suggested that the company is looking to improve its tag team division, and being in touch with Enzo Amore might lead to the return of Big Cass as well if the plan is to work on the tag team division.

The two were over as an act in WWE under the old regime, but never a tag team championship in the division. It’ll be interesting to see what’s next for Enzo Amore.


Enzo Amore recalls scrapped romantic storyline with major WWE star

In 2017, Enzo Amore was in his second reign as the Cruiserweight Champion and often appeared on WWE RAW. During his reign, Amore was involved in a storyline with Nia Jax, and the two were often seen in backstage segments. However, it was abruptly canceled when the star was under investigation, which forced the company to fire him.

In an appearance on The John Rondi Show, Amore claimed that the storyline was eventually going to become a love triangle as Alexa Bliss was supposed to be his on-screen girlfriend. The said segment was planned for WWE RAW’s 25th anniversary, but Amore was suspended and eventually fired from the company.

Advertisement

Enzo Amore was going to create a rift between Bliss and Jax, but the company pivoted and took the feud in another direction at WrestleMania 34. Meanwhile, Amore relinquished the title, and a new Cruiserweight Champion was crowned at the same event.