Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

Rajat Patidar admits SRH’s 255 was ‘too much’ for RCB in Hyderabad clash | Cricket News

Published

on

Rajat Patidar admits SRH's 255 was 'too much' for RCB in Hyderabad clash

Rajat Patidar admitted that there were “a lot of runs” on the board after Sunrisers Hyderabad piled up 255/4 against Royal Challengers Bengaluru in their IPL 2026 league-stage clash on Friday.Powered by half-centuries from Abhishek Sharma, Ishan Kishan and Heinrich Klaasen, SRH posted a huge total at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium after captain Pat Cummins chose to bat first.SRH eventually won the match by 55 runs, but the result was not enough for them to finish in the top two. Both teams ended the league stage with 18 points each.RCB needed to score at least 166 runs to stay ahead of SRH on net run rate even in defeat, and they managed to do so by finishing on 200/4.Despite the loss, RCB finished on top of the table with a net run rate of 0.783, ahead of Gujarat Titans, who also had 18 points but a lower net run rate of 0.695. SRH ended the league stage in third place.RCB started aggressively through their new opening pair of Venkatesh Iyer and Virat Kohli, who added 60 runs in just 27 balls.After both batters were dismissed within a gap of 14 runs, Devdutt Padikkal continued the attack before being caught in the deep off Eshan Malinga.Speaking after the match, Patidar said SRH’s batting and bowling execution made the difference.“Obviously, I think their top five batsmen played really well, and they purely dominated in the first innings.”Asked if there were too many runs on the board, Patidar said: “The top priority was to be on the top, but I think, there were a lot of runs in the first inning. I think 255 is a good score on this wicket. And I think their five bowlers executed the slow bouncers and yorkers pretty well.”“The slow bouncer was gripping a bit, but I think the way… their strength is slow bouncers and yorkers, they executed pretty well.”When asked whether it was difficult easy to hit the slow bouncers, Patidar said, “Obviously, Hyderabad, I think it’s a good wicket, but when you start bowling slow bouncers, slow into the wicket, I think it’s really tough for the batsman to score the runs.”

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Gaël Monfils honoured ahead of final Roland Garros appearance

Published

on

Gaël Monfils was celebrated during an emotional “Gaël & Friends” event ahead of what is expected to be his final Roland Garros appearance before retiring at the end of the 2026 season.

Monfils has been one of tennis’ most entertaining players for more than 20 years. The French star turned professional in 2004, reached a career-high ranking of world No. 6, won 13 ATP titles, and became known for his athleticism, trick shots and connection with fans.

The tribute event in Paris featured stars like Novak Djokovic, Jannik Sinner, and Stefanos Tsitsipas.

  • Carlos Alcaraz withdraws from Wimbledon amid Injury RecoveryCarlos Alcaraz withdraws from Wimbledon amid Injury Recovery

Advertisement
Gaël Monfils honoured ahead of final Roland Garros appearanceGaël Monfils honoured ahead of final Roland Garros appearance
PARIS, FRANCE – MAY 21: Gael Monfils of France and wife Elina Svitolina of Ukraine during the Gael & Friends exhibition prior to the 2026 French Open at Roland Garros on May 21, 2026 in Paris, France (Photo by Robert Prange/Getty Images)

One of the most emotional moments at the event came from Monfils’ wife, Elina Svitolina, who was seen in tears during the celebration. Svitolina is also one of the biggest names in women’s tennis, currently ranked world No. 7 after winning the Rome title earlier this month.

The couple met in 2018, got married in 2021 and welcomed their daughter Skaï in 2022. Both players have continued competing at the top level while raising their child together.

Svitolina also wrote an emotional tribute describing Monfils as a “magician” because of the joy and energy he brought to tennis throughout his career.

The night ended with Monfils and Svitolina winning a mixed doubles exhibition match together in front of a packed Roland Garros crowd.

Advertisement

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

David Haye rates Usyk’s chances against heavyweight greats like Lewis, Holyfield and Tyson

Published

on

Oleksandr Usyk has cleaned up at both cruiserweight and heavyweight. Now, one of just two other men to have ruled in both divisions, David Haye, has shared how he thinks the Ukrainian would have fared against heavyweight icons.

Usyk got his hands on the undisputed cruiserweight crown by scoring away wins over each of Krzysztof Glowacki, Mairis Briedis and Murat Gassiev to capture all four world titles.

It is his current heavyweight run that made Usyk a global superstar, twice defeating each of Anthony Joshua, Tyson Fury and Daniel Dubois to become a two-time undisputed heavyweight champion.

Advertisement

As a result, the undefeated 39-year-old has established himself as the standout heavyweight of this generation, and when asked whether Usyk could have performed similarly in a stronger era, such as the 1990s, Haye told BoxingScene that he believes the Ukrainian ‘would have found a way’.

“Usyk, putting them in there with [Evander] Holyfield, [Mike] Tyson, Lennox [Lewis], he would have hung with the best of them,”

“He would have found a way. He’s shown consistently that he’s beat every man in and around his era that. It’s hard not to be a fan of someone who’s done that.

“It’d be the equivalent of me beating Tyson Fury, Wladimir Klitschko, Vitali Klitschko and anyone else.” 

Usyk takes on Dutch kickboxer Rico Verhoeven on Saturday night at the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt, in a bout that may do more for his celebrity than his legacy.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

NHL fans react to Cale Makar’s injury status for Game 2 vs Golden Knights

Published

on

Cale Makar remaining out for Game 2 against the Vegas Golden Knights had many NHL fans wondering what it could mean for the rest of the Western Conference Final.

The Colorado Avalanche defenseman was ruled out Friday morning after coach Jared Bednar confirmed Makar would miss a second straight game with an upper-body injury.

After the update was shared by Elliotte Friedman on X, fans quickly reacted.

“This changes the series. Not that one player should. But their best defenseman, a point producer, quarterbacks the powerplay, great plus-minus player. If Vegas can snag Game 2 before going home, they’re in a great spot,” one user wrote.

Another fan pointed to Makar’s overall impact on Colorado’s game.

“That’s a massive blow for Colorado because Makar changes the entire pace structure and confidence of the team whenever he’s on the ice. In playoff hockey losing a player who can control games from the blue line affects every matchup immediately.”

Others questioned how the Avalanche planned to handle Vegas without him.

“Do they honestly think that they don’t need him against Vegas?” one user commented.

Another compared Colorado’s situation to playing short-handed in chess.

Advertisement

“Avalanche without Cale Makar is like trying to win a chess match without your queen. Technically possible, but nobody serious is betting on it.”

Others wondered what Makar’s condition might actually be.

“I wonder how bad his injury must be for him not to play when you hear players playing through MCL sprains, torn MCL, and fractured ribs,” one fan wrote.

Makar is still listed as day-to-day and has continued skating despite missing games. He took part in drills before Game 1 and returned for more work at the team facility ahead of Game 2, going through skating, passing, shooting and positioning exercises before joining Colorado’s optional morning skate.


Cale Makar’s Game 2 absence raises more questions for Colorado

Paul Bissonnette had already raised concerns about Colorado’s chances if Cale Makar could not return in the Vegas series. With the Avalanche defenseman now missing Game 2 as well, that question is still hanging over Colorado.

“If there’s no Makar this series they’re done… Vegas has all things clicking and obviously the superstars are being superstars, so I think if there’s no Makar, this series could end in 6 games,” Bissonnette said on Spittin’ Chiclets.

Colorado saw some of those concerns show up in Game 1. After the Avalanche’s 4-2 loss, coach Jared Bednar said there was “a trickle-down effect” from playing without Makar, though he added that the team still had to find a way through it.

Advertisement

Bednar had to lean heavily on the rest of his defensemen in the opener. Devon Toews, Brett Kulak, Sam Malinski, Josh Manson and Brent Burns all took on bigger roles. Four of those five defensemen logged more than 19 minutes, while Jack Ahcan saw less than eight minutes of ice time.

Before the Western Conference Final began, Cale Makar had four goals and one assist in nine playoff games and had played 29 shifts in Colorado’s comeback win over Minnesota that closed out the previous round.