Connect with us

Sports

Manchester United stance on Bruno Fernandes amid Galatasaray interest

Published

on

Man Utd captain Bruno Fernandes has attracted interest from Turkish club Galatasaray in the final weeks of the transfer window.

Manchester United will not entertain any offer for Bruno Fernandes in the final two weeks of the summer transfer window.

Galatasaray are interested in luring Fernandes to Turkey – where a favourable tax rate for top-flight players is on offer – but United are not prepared to consider offers for their captain.

Advertisement

Club sources have gone as far as to say Fernandes is not available for any price this summer.

Fernandes won a fifth Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award for his performances last season, and he broke the Premier League assist record on the final day of a superb individual campaign.

Fernandes rejected an approach from Saudi Arabia club Al-Hilal in favour of staying at United last year. However, he made headlines in December when he suggested United wanted him to join Al-Hilal.

Advertisement

The Portugal international previously said during a sit-down with Manchester-based reporters in October that the club had echoed Ruben Amorim’s desire for him to stay.

United sources were also adamant that Fernandes had been informed he was key to the club’s future plans.

A few months ago, Fernandes discussed how “special” it would be to lead United to glory again after over a decade’s wait for the Premier League title, and he is understood to be settled in England.

Fernandes’ contract runs until the summer of 2027, but United have the option of another year.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

India vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, 1st Test Day 4: India Sent Huge Warning Before Start Of Play vs Sri Lanka

Published

on

With an eye on declaration, Cheteshwar Pujara has urged India to be a bit more aggressive and brave on Day. 

“India will have to make their intentions very clear. Not a lot of time is left in the Test match. Also, you have to keep an eye on the forecast. You can’t ignore it. To qualify for the WTC final, they will have to win both the Test matches. To do that, they will have to be a little brave and a little more aggressive,” Pujara said on Cricinfo.

“India will have to be brave with their declaration. They will have to give enough time to the bowlers. Maybe try and look at a minimum of 90-100 overs. To do that, India will have to declare at somewhere between 350-375. In worst case scenario, if Sri Lanka get to 350-375, give credit to Sri Lanka, but India will have to be brave,” he added.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Red Sox Fans Want Franklin Arias, but They’re Forgetting One Thing

Published

on

Red Sox Fans Want Franklin Arias, but They’re Forgetting One Thing originally appeared on NESN. Add NESN as a Preferred Source by clicking here.

If the Boston Red Sox ultimately decide to call up youngster Franklin Arias, there are going to be some decisions that have to be made with the remainder of their roster. 

Advertisement

The one promising thing for Boston is that Sept. 1 allows teams to call up two extra players, as rosters expand from 26 to 28. 

Advertisement

With the hope that Arias will make his debut, many fans think that will probably be the time Boston decides to call him up. 

However, it feels like some fans are forgetting something: the Red Sox active roster doesn’t have Trevor Story on it. 

Story, Roman Anthony, and Garrett Crochet will all have to be activated when and if they return. That means the Red Sox already have to move on from a guy when rosters expand to 28, and that’s without factoring in Arias.

“His talent is hard to ignore. But Monasterio is hitting .333 with a .946 OPS since July 1 and plays passable defense. The Sox also hope to have Trevor Story back on the roster before the season ends. Rosters expand from 26 to 28 on Sept. 1, and one addition must be a pitcher,” Peter Abraham wrote.

Advertisement

Advertisement

There are definitely players on the active roster the Red Sox could move on from if they feel, at the time, that Arias can be the guy they need. 

It’s also possible Boston just wants to call him up to get some at-bats in September and have him travel with the team in October, even if he doesn’t get much playing time. 

That postseason experience can be valuable, and with the right moves the front office has made recently, it wouldn’t be surprising to see them go in that direction.

Advertisement

More Red Sox

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Buddy Matthews looks absolutely jacked amid rumors of imminent AEW return

Published

on

AEW star Buddy Matthews is one of the most agile stars in the company. Unfortunately, he has been absent from the Jacksonville-based promotion for over 18 months. He injured his leg at Grand Slam Australia in February 2025 during his match against Kazuchika Okada. Throughout the year, fans have been waiting for him to return.

A few weeks ago, the former AEW World Trios Champion announced that he will return to the ring in October 2026 for a major tour of World Series Wrestling. He is also medically cleared to wrestle. Shockingly, the date for All Elite Wrestling has still not been announced. With All In just around the corner, he could have played a major part at the pay-per-view.

Recently, Buddy Matthews took to Instagram and uploaded a story of him working out. He is looking absolutely phenomenal despite being out of the ring for over one and a half years.

Take a look at the screenshot of the story below:

Buddy's Instagram story [Image via Instagram/@snm_buddy]Buddy's Instagram story [Image via Instagram/@snm_buddy]
Buddy’s Instagram story [Image via Instagram/@snm_buddy]

Rhea Ripley talks about Buddy Matthews’ road to recovery

The injured AEW star has been training for many months to get ready for a return. His wife, Rhea Ripley, recently talked about his training.

While speaking on What’s Your Story? With Stephanie McMahon, the Eradicator said that the couple train together.

“Every now and then (her & Buddy train in the ring together). He’s still starting to get back into the ring stuff because he got injured over a year ago in February when they (AEW) went to Australia. So he got injured then, so he’s just started getting back into the ring now, and he’s just trying to rehab it and see what he can do. So he’ll get in, and we’ll run the ropes. I’ve been teaching him some rolls, since the boys class didn’t do as many rolls as the girls class apparently… We’ve been getting in a little bit. Also, I get nervous about getting hurt, especially these days, because I’m always on the road, I’m always doing stuff. I want to stay sharp, but I also don’t want to get beat up more than I get beat up. So, I go a little bit easier,” she said.

It will be interesting to see if Buddy Matthews returns at All In.

Advertisement