Connect with us

Sports

Arsenal manager Mike Arteta ‘happy’ to interact with fans but has felt ‘exposed’

Published

on

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta says he is “happy” to interact with fans but there are times when he has felt “exposed” and “not very comfortable”.

A video recorded after the Gunners’ FA Cup win over Wigan on Sunday showed a man repeatedly asking for Arteta’s autograph as he and his wife waited in traffic outside Emirates Stadium.

Arteta refused to open his window and several more people crowded round the vehicle. They then stepped back while the man followed the vehicle as it crept forward, saying he wanted Arteta to sign an Arsenal jersey for his son.

“I always try to be very respectful,” said Arteta. “I love to sign and photograph as much as we can. I think it’s part of our role.

Advertisement

“But there are certain things in terms of security that we have to respect. Especially when certain people are doing it, they are not doing it for the right reasons.”

Arteta and his wife were also videoed while sat in traffic following a Champions League game in October,, external with his wife described as being “frustrated” and “annoyed” as someone took a selfie next to the vehicle.

“The last time my wife was there, what was in the media was totally wrong and unfair,” Arteta added.

“I prefer to talk about the incredible other people that come around genuinely, because they want to have that interaction, and I think everybody who knows me, [knows] how happy I am to do that.

Advertisement

“But there are moments and context when that is not the case. And then we need somebody there to protect us as well because, if not, we will get exposed, you cannot move from your car and you don’t feel very comfortable there.”

It is understood that as part of Arsenal‘s security guidance, the manager, players and coaches are advised not to roll their vehicle windows down when driving.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Heavyweight final eliminator for Oleksandr Usyk’s title added to Fundora vs Thurman card

Published

on

Oleksandr Usyk is soon set to have another mandatory challenger.

The Ukrainian became undisputed in the heavyweight division for the second time when he beat Daniel Dubois to win back the IBF belt last year, though soon vacated the WBO, which was picked up by Fabio Wardley.

With WBC interim champion Agit Kabayel guaranteed a shot at Usyk’s green and gold belt following a permitted voluntary defence, the IBF is now set to elevate a contender to mandatory status as well.

Advertisement

Frank Sanchez, currently ranked number three, will take on Richard Torrez Jr, four, in a final eliminator after other ordered fights fell through. The bout will serve as co-main event to Sebastian Fundora’s WBC Super-Welterweight World title defence against Keith Thurman on March 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas and streamed live on Prime PPV.

Torrez is one of, if not the most promising young heavyweight in the US. The 24-year-old southpaw won silver at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, losing only to Bakhodir Jalolov in the final, and turned professional with Top Rank soon after.

He brings a blend of pressure and pedigree to the paid ranks and, despite standing under 6ft 3in, compensates with work rate, durability and heavy hands, stopping the 12 of his 14 opponents inside the distance. Torrez has been moved steadily, with his handlers keen to balance activity with development, but this is a good step up to build on an impressive 2025 win over Guido Vianello. He carries the pressure of reinvigorating the American heavyweight scene.

Cuba’s Sanchez represents the experienced end of the division’s emerging contenders. Now in his early 30s, he built his reputation through his nation’s amateur system before defecting and relocating to the United States, where he trains under Eddy Reynoso of Canelo Alvarez fame.

Advertisement

Sanchez combines sharp counterpunching with disciplined defence and a measured approach. His biggest statement win came against Efe Ajagba in 2021, though he later suffered a setback against Agit Kabayel.

Both men compete for a first shot at the world title which, in reality, may not come against Usyk, who would more likely vacate the belt in search of a higher profile fight.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

4 Directions for Randy Orton at WrestleMania 42

Published

on

Randy Orton is one win away from main eventing WrestleMania 42. If the Viper wins the Elimination Chamber contest on February 28 in Chicago, he will make it to Mania and challenge Drew McIntyre for the Undisputed WWE Championship.

However, it won’t be a cakewalk for the Apex Predator. Elimination Chamber has participants like Cody Rhodes, LA Knight, and Je’Von Evans qualified so far. Two more superstars will enter the pod and will do everything in their capacity to win the match. Hence, it won’t be easy for Randy Orton to walk out with a win after beating five other men.

Therefore, if he doesn’t win, he will have to chalk out his way to WrestleMania 42. In this listicle, we will list four directions for Randy Orton at WrestleMania 42.

Advertisement

#4 Heel turn and feud with Cody Rhodes

Randy Orton’s heel turn is much-awaited, with WWE dropping subtle hints in the last few months. The company can finally pull the trigger at Elimination Chamber this month, with the 14-time WWE Champion finally going back to his old ways.

Orton and Cody Rhodes are going to enter the Elimination Chamber, and both will be looking to win. Despite a mutual respect, both superstars will have to get their hands on each other, and that could lead to Orton finally turning heel. Cody Rhodes can eliminate Orton with a Cross Rhodes, which can infuriate the Viper, and he can lead to Cody’s elimination after hitting him with an RKO.

youtube-cover

This will kick-start a bitter rivalry between the two WWE legends, with both of them heading to Mania for an epic clash. The fans have been looking for a rivalry between Orton and Rhodes because of their past student-mentor relationship in WWE. It can finally take shape in Chicago this month.

#3 WWE Championship match vs Drew McIntyre

Surprisingly, Randy Orton can also win the Elimination Chamber match and face Drew McIntyre at WrestleMania 42. Orton has been saying for a long time that he is looking to win his 15th WWE Championship. He even reminded Cody Rhodes that there isn’t anything more dangerous than a 14-time WWE Champion chasing his next title.

Advertisement

Moreover, WWE has also been under fire for not pushing Randy Orton in the company. His absence from the promotional video of WrestleMania 42 also triggered a backlash from his fans. Therefore, the company can try to do damage control by booking Orton to win the Chamber and then beat Drew to win the Undisputed Championship at WrestleMania 42.

#2 Randy Orton is revealed as Jacob Fatu’s mystery attacker

Another direction for Randy Orton, if he loses the Elimination Chamber match, is a possible clash with Jacob Fatu. At Eliminatin Chamber match, Jacob Fatu can come out and somehow sneak into the pod to take out Orton, and then reveal him as his attacker on SmackDown last year.

The Samoan Werewolf was assaulted by a mysterious person on the October 17, 2025, edition of SmackDown. He was out of action for the next two months and returned only on the January 9 episode of SmackDown this year. However, Fatu hasn’t revealed his attacker, and it’s anticipated that he might do so now before Mania. After taking out Orton at Chamber, the two legends can go against each other at Mania.

#1 4-way match with Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, and Jacob Fatu

The fans can also expect a Fatal 4-Way clash at WrestleMania 42. Cody Rhodes can win the Elimination Chamber match and challenge Drew for the title, but Orton and Fatu can also jump in between, forcing Nick Aldis to announce a Fatal 4-Way clash at Mania.

Advertisement

The booking also makes sense as Cody and Drew have clashed against each other three times in the last six months in a singles match. Another singles match, and that too as the main event of WrestleMania 42, would be a boring contest. Therefore, WWE could pivot and change the booking for Mania.