Connect with us

Business

Bipartisan lawmakers introduce AI workforce training tax credit bill

Published

on

Bipartisan lawmakers introduce AI workforce training tax credit bill

House members from both parties joined to introduce legislation Wednesday aimed at incentivizing companies to train their employees to utilize artificial intelligence.

Rep. Josh Gottheimer, D-N.J., introduced the AI Workforce Training Act along with Rep. Mike Lawler, R-N.Y. If passed, the legislation would create a tax credit for companies who invest in AI trainings for their employees.

Advertisement

“If quantum computing and AI are the future, our workforce can’t be left behind. This workforce tax credit gives them the training they need to compete for the high-paying tech jobs of tomorrow, right here at home,” Lawler said in a statement.

According to the text of the bill, companies would be allowed to claim a tax credit equal to 30% of qualified expenses, up to $2,500 per employee per year, for costs related to teaching workers how to use, manage and build AI systems.

AI OUT OF CONTROL? HOW A SINGLE ARTICLE IS SENDING SHOCK WAVES WITH AN APOCALYPTIC WARNING

Mike Lawler

Rep. Mike Lawler leaves a meeting of the House Republican Conference in the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday. (Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images)

The legislation also directs the Departments of Treasury, Labor and Commerce to launch a public outreach campaign to make businesses aware of the tax credit.

Advertisement

“AI is already changing how we work and that transformation will keep getting faster, and we can’t let the American worker get left behind,” Gottheimer said in a statement. “Change is coming, and if we want America to continue to lead the world in AI innovation, we need to make sure American workers are ready for the jobs of the future.”

The legislation comes as members of Congress continue to debate how the country should address AI innovations.

SANDERS SAYS ‘SCIENCE-FICTION FEAR’ OF AI RUNNING THE WORLD ‘NOT QUITE SO OUTRAGEOUS’

Josh Gottheimer

Rep. Josh Gottheimer is pushing for Congress to address AI. (Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images)

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., told FOX Business last week that she is concerned about potential job losses.

Advertisement

“I am deeply concerned about AI and what it’s going to mean when people go out one day for lunch and come back and their jobs aren’t there anymore, and that happens to millions and millions of people. Now is the moment when we need to be preparing,” Warren told FOX Business.

Senator Elizabeth Warren

Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., says she is worried about AI costing jobs. (Michael A. McCoy/Getty Images)

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

Pressed on what large-scale displacement could mean for the middle class, Warren – the ranking member of the Senate Banking Committee – issued a stark warning.

“We lost more than 100,000 manufacturing jobs last year,” she said. “If AI comes in on top of that and literally wipes out the income for millions of families we’re going to see a full-blown crisis right here in this country. If you know the bad weather is threatening out there, now’s the time to prepare for it.”

Advertisement

Read the full legislation below (App users click here)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

Norwegian, TripAdvisor Get New Activists. Why Travel Stocks Are Attractive Right Now.

Published

on

Norwegian, TripAdvisor Get New Activists. Why Travel Stocks Are Attractive Right Now.

Norwegian, TripAdvisor Get New Activists. Why Travel Stocks Are Attractive Right Now.

Continue Reading

Business

(VIDEO) Trump’s Bold New Look for Air Force One Departs from Kennedy-Era Tradition

Published

on

Immigration

The U.S. Air Force is implementing a striking new paint scheme for the presidential aircraft fleet, including the next-generation Air Force One jets, featuring a palette of red, white, dark blue and gold — a design championed by President Donald Trump that breaks from the iconic light blue and white livery in place since the Kennedy administration more than six decades ago.

Trump Sends Loyalist Sergio Gor to India Amid Trade and

The Air Force announced the change Feb. 17, 2026, confirming the colors will apply to the VC-25B program — two modified Boeing 747-8 aircraft under conversion by Boeing — as well as other executive airlift planes. The redesign revives a proposal Trump unveiled during his first term in 2019, which the Biden administration scrapped in 2022 over concerns about cost, weight and potential heat absorption from darker hues affecting onboard systems.

An Air Force spokesperson told multiple outlets, including Fox News and Reuters, that the new requirement covers the VC-25B fleet and additional executive aircraft, such as four C-32s (military Boeing 757s often used as Air Force Two). “The Air Force is implementing a new paint scheme requirement (red, white, gold and dark blue) for VC-25B as well as the additional executive airlift fleet,” the statement read.

The shift is already visible: A C-32A VIP jet emerged in late February 2026 sporting the updated livery — white upper fuselage over dark blue lower body, separated by red and gold cheat lines, with a large American flag on the tail — photographed departing from a maintenance facility in Greenville, Texas. Sources indicate the makeover occurs during scheduled maintenance and upgrades, minimizing additional expense.

The design echoes Trump’s personal Boeing 757, often dubbed “Trump Force One,” with its navy blue, red accents and gold touches. Critics have called the scheme flashy and a departure from the understated elegance of the robin’s-egg blue introduced in 1962 for President John F. Kennedy’s VC-137C. Supporters praise it as more “patriotic” and bold, aligning with national colors and Trump’s aesthetic preferences seen in White House decor and campaign branding.

Advertisement

The change extends to a luxury Boeing 747-8 donated by Qatar in 2025, which Trump ordered retrofitted as a “bridge” Air Force One. The Air Force expects that aircraft — undergoing extensive security, communications and defensive modifications — to enter service no later than summer 2026, potentially becoming the first presidential plane in the new colors. Boeing’s two VC-25B jets, part of a long-delayed $3.9 billion program signed in 2018, are slated for delivery in coming years, with the new livery applied during final assembly.

The original Trump proposal faced backlash for estimated added costs and engineering risks, including darker colors potentially raising cabin temperatures. The Biden-era reversal restored renders of a modernized Kennedy-style scheme. Trump’s return to office prompted the latest pivot, with the Air Force citing updated requirements in August 2025 briefings.

No immediate safety or operational issues have been reported with the new palette, and the phased rollout — tied to routine overhauls — limits disruption. The iconic blue-and-white look has symbolized American presidential aviation through multiple administrations, appearing in countless state visits, summits and homecomings.

Reactions have been mixed. Aviation enthusiasts and historians expressed disappointment over losing a 60-year tradition, while others welcomed a fresh, assertive appearance. Social media buzzed with comparisons to Trump’s branding, with some dubbing it “Trump Force One official.”

Advertisement

As the first painted aircraft re-enter service in the coming months, the new look will become a visible symbol of the administration’s style on the global stage. The VC-25B fleet, once fully operational, will represent the most significant update to presidential airlift since the current VC-25As entered service in the 1990s.

Continue Reading

Business

Protagonist Therapeutics director Williams sells $1.48 million in shares

Published

on


Protagonist Therapeutics director Williams sells $1.48 million in shares

Continue Reading

Business

Exclusive-Top US commander for Latin America makes surprise visit to Venezuela

Published

on

Exclusive-Top US commander for Latin America makes surprise visit to Venezuela


Exclusive-Top US commander for Latin America makes surprise visit to Venezuela

Continue Reading

Business

IHS Towers Agrees to Be Bought by MTN Group for $6.2 Billion

Published

on

IHS Towers Agrees to Be Bought by MTN Group for $6.2 Billion

IHS Towers has agreed to be acquired by MTN Group MTN 2.36%increase; green up pointing triangle in a $6.2 billion all-cash deal.

The telecommunications company said Tuesday that MTN, a South Africa-based mobile operator, has agreed to pay $8.50 a share to IHS shareholders, which it said was a 36% premium to the company’s one-year weighted average share price as of Feb. 4.

Copyright ©2026 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8

Continue Reading

Business

How to Watch Free Streams, Czechia Leads 2-1

Published

on

Sidney Crosby

Top-seeded Canada faces an early deficit against Czechia in a high-stakes men’s ice hockey quarterfinal at the Milano Cortina 2026 Winter Olympics, with Czechia leading 2-1 after the first period in a winner-advances, loser-goes-home matchup Wednesday at Milano Santagiulia Ice Hockey Arena.

Canada's players wore masks for their ice hockey match against Russia
Canada’s players wore masks for their ice hockey match against Russia

The game, which began at 10:40 a.m. ET (16:40 CET), pits a dominant Canadian squad — undefeated in group play with a 20-3 goal differential — against a resilient Czechia team that fell 5-0 to Canada in their tournament opener but advanced through the qualification round with a 3-2 win over Denmark on Tuesday. Sidney Crosby appeared to suffer an injury after a hit from Radko Gudas, limping off, adding urgency for Canada to rally.

Macklin Celebrini scored Canada’s lone first-period goal, his fifth of the tournament, but Czechia responded with two quick tallies to take the lead into the intermission. The winner advances to Friday’s semifinals, while the loser ends its medal pursuit.

Fans worldwide can catch the action through official broadcasters and streaming platforms, with several free or low-cost options available depending on location.

In the United States The game airs exclusively on Peacock, the primary streaming home for the 2026 Winter Olympics, with live coverage also on USA Network. Peacock requires a subscription starting at $10.99/month (with ads) or $5.99 for a limited-time promotional rate in some offers. Free trials may be available through partners like DIRECTV Stream, which offers a trial period for new users to access USA Network channels without immediate cost. NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app provide authenticated streams for cable/satellite subscribers.

Advertisement

In Canada CBC, TSN and Sportsnet hold rights, with free streaming on CBC Gem — the public broadcaster’s ad-supported platform accessible without a subscription. CBC Gem offers live coverage and on-demand replays. TSN and Sportsnet+ require subscriptions or cable login, but CBC Gem serves as the primary free option for Canadian viewers.

International Viewing Rights vary by country: In many regions, the Olympic Channel on Olympics.com streams select events subject to geo-restrictions. Broadcasters include Nine in Australia, TV Globo/CazéTV in Brazil, and others. Check local listings or the official Milano Cortina 2026 site for rights holders. VPNs may enable access to free streams like CBC Gem from abroad, though compliance with terms is advised.

Key Viewing Details

  • Time: 10:40 a.m. ET / 7:40 a.m. PT / 16:40 CET
  • Venue: Milano Santagiulia Ice Hockey Arena, Milan
  • Primary U.S. Stream: Peacock (subscription; potential free trial via partners)
  • Free U.S. Option: DIRECTV Stream trial for USA Network
  • Free Canadian Option: CBC Gem
  • Additional: NBCOlympics.com (authenticated), Olympics.com (select regions)

This rematch carries extra weight after Canada’s commanding group-stage win, but Czechia has shown fight with strong goaltending from Lukas Dostal and physical play. Live updates and highlights are available on NHL.com, ESPN, CBC Sports and Olympics.com.

The quarterfinals continue with Finland vs. Switzerland (12:10 p.m. ET), U.S. vs. Sweden (3:10 p.m. ET) and earlier Slovakia’s 6-2 win over Germany. Semifinals follow Thursday, with the gold-medal game Sunday, Feb. 22.

Advertisement

As the second period approaches, Canada looks to erase the deficit and keep its gold-medal hopes alive in a tournament featuring NHL stars for the first time since 2014.

Continue Reading

Business

Technical Indicators Flash Warning Signs for Alcohol Stocks as Staples Surge

Published

on

Technical Indicators Flash Warning Signs for Alcohol Stocks as Staples Surge

Technical Indicators Flash Warning Signs for Alcohol Stocks as Staples Surge

Continue Reading

Business

Tech firms will have 48 hours to remove abusive images under new law

Published

on

Tech firms will have 48 hours to remove abusive images under new law

The government is proposing that intimate image abuse should be treated more severely.

Continue Reading

Business

TSLL Vs. TSLS: Trading TSLA Through The Pricing Cycle

Published

on

TSLL Vs. TSLS: Trading TSLA Through The Pricing Cycle

TSLL Vs. TSLS: Trading TSLA Through The Pricing Cycle

Continue Reading

Business

(VIDEO) Christy Carlson Romano Reveals Positive Cancer Screening Results in Emotional Instagram Update

Published

on

Mario Kart World Dominates Japan's January 2026 Physical Game Sales

Former Disney Channel star Christy Carlson Romano shared a tearful health update on Instagram Tuesday, revealing that a recent cancer screening test returned positive results while her husband’s came back negative, prompting her to schedule further testing amid a family history of the disease.

Christy Carlson Romano
Christy Carlson Romano

The 41-year-old actress, best known for her role as Ren Stevens on the Disney series “Even Stevens” and as the voice of Kim Possible in the animated series, posted an emotional video from Florida, where she is currently filming a project. In the clip, Romano explained that she and her husband, Brendan Rooney, opted for the screening due to strong familial cancer risks — both of her parents have been diagnosed with cancer — and received the results shortly before her trip.

“My husband’s came back completely negative,” Romano said, pausing and sighing. “Mine did not come back negative, so basically what that means is, I may have stageable cancer.” She added that the next step is a PET scan — a positron emission tomography imaging test using a radioactive tracer to detect cancer cells and determine location or spread — but she is currently “fighting with companies” to secure insurance coverage for the procedure.

“I’m nervous and a bit scared (heck who wouldn’t be!),” Romano continued, emphasizing the seriousness of cancer, especially as a mother of two young daughters. She stressed the importance of proactive health measures, saying, “Cancer is everywhere. Which is why I got this test,” and encouraged fans to prioritize screenings. Romano expressed reliance on faith, family support and optimism, noting, “It’s time to have a strong sense of faith and know that it’s in God’s hands, most of it.”

The actress, who lives in Austin, Texas, with Rooney and their children, chose to share publicly to raise awareness and inspire others facing similar concerns. She promised to provide updates as more information becomes available, underscoring that she is not overreacting given the potential implications.

Advertisement

Romano’s announcement drew widespread support across social media, with fans, fellow celebrities and outlets like People, TMZ and E! News covering the story. Many praised her vulnerability and courage in discussing a deeply personal matter, particularly as a public figure who has navigated other challenges, including a 2025 incident where she was accidentally shot in the face during a family mishap.

No specific type of cancer or additional details on the screening — such as whether it was a blood-based test for tumor markers, genetic risk assessment or another method — were disclosed in the video. Romano has not indicated symptoms or prior diagnoses, and the positive result indicates the need for confirmatory diagnostics rather than a confirmed cancer diagnosis.

The news comes during a busy period for Romano, who has maintained a steady career through acting, podcasting (including “Vulnerable” and “The Really Good Podcast”), voice work and social media content creation. She has been open about mental health struggles, motherhood and life after child stardom in recent years.

As Romano awaits the PET scan and potential follow-up care, supporters have flooded her comments with messages of encouragement, prayers and shared stories of resilience. The actress’s transparency highlights ongoing conversations about early detection, family health histories and navigating medical systems, particularly insurance hurdles for advanced imaging.

Advertisement

Romano has not announced any changes to her work schedule, and representatives did not immediately respond to requests for further comment. Fans are encouraged to follow her Instagram (@thechristyromano) for any developments. (Click here to watch video)

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025