Entertainment
Late NASCAR Driver Greg Biffle Remembered During Daytona 500 in Emotional Tribute
The Daytona 500 honored Greg Biffle in a tear-jerking 3-minute video Sunday after the late NASCAR driver tragically perished in a plane crash that also claimed the lives of his wife and children last year.
In the clip, which aired live and was later shared on X, friends and loved ones poured their hearts out, painting the picture of what a gifted and thoughtful person Greg was.
Doug Yates, CEO of Roush Yates Engines, said, “Greg Biffle was the most talented guy I’ve ever worked with… He had speed, he was fearless, he was smart … He never found himself in a situation that he didn’t think he could win.”
Greg’s niece, Jordyn Biffle, recounted how he rushed to assist those affected by the devastation caused by Hurricane Helene in 2024.
She remembered … “His instinct was we can get in the helicopter and we can go look — let’s try to see what the situation looks like and what we can do to help.”
As we reported … Greg, his wife Christina, his daughter Emma and his son Ryder were all killed when the plane they were in crashed at the Statesville Regional Airport on December 18 in Statesville, North Carolina. Dennis Dutton, his son Jack, and Craig Wadsworth were also on board and passed away.
Entertainment
Laura Dern says supporting Ellen DeGeneres coming out on sitcom is among 'the most incredible experiences of my life'
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(jpeg)/degeneres-dern-3-2000-57389886e79c461782482c562282e6cd.jpg)
Dern starred alongside Oprah Winfrey, Demi Moore, Billy Bob Thornton, and more in the 1997 episode of “Ellen” in which DeGeneres made queer history.
Entertainment
“Wuthering Heights ”ravishes the weekend box office with a remarkable $76 million global debut
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(jpeg)/wuthering-heights-margo-robbie-main-090425-1f0c2331eef249128b83a8eed1907e28.jpg)
The domestic leaderboard this weekend was dominated by new releases — “Wuthering Heights,” “GOAT,” and “Crime 101” — a rarity in recent box office history.
Entertainment
Former President Barack Obama Clarifies Claim About Real Aliens
After stating that the truth is indeed out there, former President Barack Obama clarified his comments regarding extraterrestrial life.
Following up his interview that discussed “real” aliens — conducted by political podcaster Brian Tyler Cohen and published on Friday, February 13 — Obama, 64, took to Instagram two days later to address his claim. “I was trying to stick with the spirit of [Cohen’s] speed round, but since it’s gotten attention let me clarify. Statistically, the universe is so vast that the odds are good there’s life out there. But the distances between solar systems are so great that the chances we’ve been visited by aliens is low,” he wrote.
Obama, who served as the 44th President of the U.S. from 2009 to 2017, concluded, “I saw no evidence during my presidency that extraterrestrials have made contact with us. Really!”
The politician had stated during the podcast interview that he hadn’t “seen” aliens himself while in office. “They’re not being kept at Area 51. There’s no underground facility — unless there’s this enormous conspiracy and they hid it from the President of the United States,” Obama told Cohen, 37. He also noted that getting to the bottom of extraterrestrial life was the “first question” he wanted answered after becoming the President. “Where are the aliens?” he recalled asking authorities.
Fans took to Obama’s Instagram post with light-hearted jests at his interview comments, with one fan writing, “Which aliens made you clarify this statement 😂,” and another writing, “Blink twice if the aliens made you say this.”
Obama shone a public light on his extraterrestrial curiosity during an appearance on The Late Late Show in 2021. While speaking to the former show’s host, James Corden, Obama said, “The truth is that when I came into office, I asked, right, I was like, ‘Alright, is there the lab somewhere where we’re keeping the alien specimens and spaceship?’ And … they did a little bit of research and the answer was no.”
He also noted to Corden, 47, at the time, “What is true, and I’m actually being serious here, is that there are, there’s footage and records of objects in the skies, that we don’t know exactly what they are. We can’t explain how they moved, their trajectory. They did not have an easily explainable pattern. And so, you know, I think that people still take seriously trying to investigate and figure out what that is.”
Obama also said during a 2021 appearance on The Ezra Klein Show podcast, recorded after his Late Late Show spot, that if aliens were proven to exist that the impact of the confirmation would alter Earth as we know it.
“There would be immediate arguments about, like, well, we need to spend a lot more money on weapons systems to defend ourselves,” he said at the time. “New religions would pop up. And who knows what kind of arguments we would get into. We’re good at manufacturing arguments for each other.”
Obama noted that the world of politics, however, would not be impacted, “Because … politics is premised on the fact that we are these tiny organisms on this little speck floating in the middle of space.”
Entertainment
Nate Diaz Hoping For UFC Return, Wants White House Card
Nate Diaz
Ready to Throw Hands for America
… I Want In On White House Card!!!
Published
TMZSports.com
Nate Diaz has his sights set on kickin’ ass on one of the most unexpected stages possible: the White House.
The MMA star tells TMZ Sports he’s all-in if talk of a potential fight card tied to the nation’s capital ever becomes reality … making it clear the idea of scrapping under a red, white and blue spotlight has his full attention.
“Yeah, that’d be dope, too,” Diaz said. “America gang, baby. You already know what’s popping.”
While Diaz is hyped about the possibility of fighting on a patriotic mega-card, he says he’s not picky about who he faces — as long as it’s a legit, high-level fight.
And if he gets his way, the White House event could feature some familiar names from his past.
Diaz says he wants to run back his legendary rivalry with Conor McGregor for a trilogy bout — a fight that would instantly become one of the biggest attractions possible for a blockbuster event.
He also called out Dustin Poirier as another potential opponent, though Diaz didn’t exactly extend the olive branch … saying he’d be down to fight him “if he stops being such a p****.”
Diaz even floated Mike Perry as another name he’d gladly throw down with … making it clear he’s ready for whatever matchup gets him back into what he calls “real action.”
The 40-year-old last fought in the UFC in 2022, but his message now is loud and clear: he’s ready to return.
Entertainment
Selling Sunset’s Jason Oppenheim’s Dating History: Jessica Vargas and More
Selling Sunset star Jason Oppenheim has dated several of his costars — including Nicole Young and Chrishell Stause — during his time in the reality TV spotlight.
While Young joined the cast of the Netflix reality series for season 6, which premiered in May 2023, her relationship with Oppenheim started and ended long before her debut.
“[Nicole] dated Jason [10 years ago] — she was the first,” Amanza Smith exclusively revealed to Us Weekly in August 2022. “I’ve known her for 10 years and she’s amazing. She’s not new to me. I’m just very glad that she’s finally on the show with us and we get to spend more time with her in the office because I adore Nicole.”
Young isn’t the only ex with whom Oppenheim has maintained an amicable personal and professional relationship. The real estate mogul and Stause were friends and coworkers before they went public with their romance in July 2021. The pair split later that year. (Stause has since moved on with G Flip and the pair tied the knot in May 2023.)
Keep scrolling for a look at Oppenheim’s dating history:
Entertainment
Guy Ritchie and Jason Statham’s 114-Minute Crime Caper Is Quietly Dominating Streaming
Guy Ritchie doesn’t usually need an algorithmic boost to get people clicking, but streaming has a special talent for resurrecting the in-between movies. And Ritchie doesn’t have a lack of slick genre hybrids that aren’t quite as universally embraced as The Gentlemen, yet play incredibly well when audiences just want a tight, propulsive hit of cinematic wit and competence.
This week, one of his most debated post-2019 pivots is getting that exact kind of second wind: a brisk, star-powered spy caper that suddenly feels like a perfect one-sitting antidote to bloated action slates. The appeal is practical, not mysterious. At 114 minutes, it moves like a con job: clean set-ups, quick payoffs, and a cast that knows how to turn exposition into jokes and tension into rhythm. Jason Statham plays the cool-headed pro, Aubrey Plaza brings a chaotic edge, and Hugh Grant weaponizes smugness. So even viewers who bounce off the tone still tend to respect how efficiently it delivers its “mission movie” pleasures. Guy Ritchie’s brand is pace, and this is pace-first Ritchie.
The title is Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre, and as per FlixPatrol, the film has been trending across multiple platforms and regions. In the U.S., it’s surged onto Amazon Prime Video’s Top 10 Movies at #2 at the time of writing, while in Finland, it’s already hit #3 on HBO Max’s movie chart the same day. And this is landing alongside the full Top 10 archives for Denmark and Finland on Viaplay, in the #7 to #10 range on Hulu in Japan, and consistently at #5 for the last week on Vidio in Indonesia.
‘Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre’ Didn’t Do Well at the 2023 Box Office
Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre didn’t have much theatrical muscle in 2023, and the grosses show why it quickly became a catch-it-on-streaming title. In the U.S./Canada, it opened to $3.14M and finished with just $6.50M domestic, meaning most of its ticket revenue had to come from overseas to even look respectable. Internationally, it did the heavy lifting at $42.49M, pushing the worldwide total to $48.98M. That’s not disastrous for a mid-budget programmer, but for a film reported to have a $50M budget, the theatrical run feels like a clear underperformance before marketing and distribution costs are even considered.
Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre is available to stream on Prime Video and HBO Max. Stay tuned to Collider for more updates.
- Release Date
-
March 3, 2023
- Runtime
-
113 minutes
- Producers
-
Jason Statham, Steven Chasman, Bill Block, Ivan Atkinson
Entertainment
Ted Danson looks back on “Cheers”' slow start: 'We were dead last one week in the ratings'
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(jpeg)/Cheers-GeorgeWendt-Shelley-Long-John-Ratzenberger-Rhea-Perlman-Nicholas-Colasanto-Ted-Danson-021526-4f5c3f8089b94e3bbe4cf349006160eb.jpg)
The iconic sitcom struggled with ratings after its debut, but soon accrued a dedicated viewership.
Entertainment
Savannah Guthrie Shares Plea for Safe Return of Mom Nancy Guthrie
Two weeks after Nancy Guthrie mysteriously disappeared, her daughter Savannah is pleading for her safe return.
“I wanted to come on. It’s been two weeks since our mom was taken, and I just wanted to come on and say that we still have hope. We still believe, and I wanted to say to whoever has her, or knows where she is, that it’s never too late and you’re not lost or alone,” the Today show host, 54, said in a video shared via Instagram on Sunday, February 15.
As she held back tears, Savannah addressed her mother’s would-be kidnapper or kidnappers directly, saying, “It is never too late to do the right thing and we are here. We believe. We believe in the essential goodness [of] every human being, and it’s never too late.”
Nancy was taken from her Tucson, Arizona, home in the early hours of February 1. She was last seen by Savannah’s sister, Annie Guthrie, who had dropped Nancy off at home following a family dinner the previous evening.
In the video — the fourth released by Savannah in the wake of Nancy’s disappearance — the TV personality was seen sitting on the ground of an outdoor garden. She wore minimal makeup and her eyes appeared heavy and bleary.
The video was published just hours after Fox News Digital reported that local authorities had deployed a digital scanner to help track Nancy’s pacemaker. The outlet stated that the ongoing search introduced the “high-tech Bluetooth scanner placed on the bottom” of “helicopters” in an attempt to track the pacemaker’s signals.
“The helicopters fly low, typically in grid patterns, at a slow pace to pick up signals,” the outlet reported, adding that a helicopter was seen flying “near Guthrie’s home” three days after she was reported missing (It is not known, however, if the bird was fitted with the scanner at that time.)
Also on Sunday, Matt Finn, a reporter for Fox News, shared alleged fresh information regarding the investigation via X. “Sheriff [Chris] Nanos responds to me about the local Phoenix news report that cites an inside source who says investigators believe the Guthrie case was a burglary gone bad and that Nancy Guthrie is still alive,” Finn wrote before reiterating the unverified nature of the report. “Did not come from us. No idea and even though that is one of many possibilities we would never speculate such a thing. We will let the evidence take us to motive.”
Pima County Sheriff Nanos told the New York Times on Friday, February 13, that the search for Nancy has engaged about 400 people in total. He also noted that a timeline for the potential safe retrieval of Nancy remains unclear. “Maybe it’s an hour from now,” Nanos detailed. “Maybe it’s weeks or months or years from now. But we won’t quit. We’re going to find Nancy. We’re going to find this guy.”
News of Nancy’s disappearance broke on February 1 after a family member reported her missing and called 911 as a result.
The search has seen multiple SWAT, forensic officers and other law enforcement departments comb Nancy’s neighborhood in the Catalina Foothills and surrounding areas, per reporting by CNN and NewsNation.
Entertainment
“The Simpsons” showrunner breaks down “The Pitt” stars, Kevin Bacon, and other cameos in historic 800th episode
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(jpeg)/the-simpsons-irrational-treasure-021026-5-658a0f951a0f4ad5a3299643b45a6c49.jpg)
Matt Selman also dishes on Quinta Brunson’s appearance and the episode’s multitude of Easter eggs.
Entertainment
Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco Dine at L.A. Hotspot Max and Helen’s
Selena Gomez & Benny Blanco
Keep It Sunny-Side Up at Hot L.A. Breakfast Spot
Published
Do even Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco have to wait in line for L.A. hotspot Max and Helen’s?
The couple were spotted at chef Nancy Silverton and TV producer Phil Rosenthal‘s insanely popular diner on Sunday, where the wait times are routinely said to be 4 to 5 hours long!
Selena was seen talking on her phone as she made her way in to the crowded eatery, wearing a casual black outfit, while Benny was snapped in a comfortable hoodie and corduroy pants.
Their cozy-core looks were a far cry from their glammed-up date night at the Golden Globe Awards last month.
Selena and Benny brought a special kind of elegance to the red carpet when they showed up in their old-Hollywood inspired fits.
It’s unclear if they had to wait for their breakfast this morning, but if they did, they sure looked good doing it!
-
Sports4 days agoBig Tech enters cricket ecosystem as ICC partners Google ahead of T20 WC | T20 World Cup 2026
-
NewsBeat7 days agoMia Brookes misses out on Winter Olympics medal in snowboard big air
-
Tech5 days agoSpaceX’s mighty Starship rocket enters final testing for 12th flight
-
Business7 days agoWeight-loss jabs threaten Greggs’ growth, analysts warn
-
Tech1 day agoLuxman Enters Its Second Century with the D-100 SACD Player and L-100 Integrated Amplifier
-
Video3 days agoThe Final Warning: XRP Is Entering The Chaos Zone
-
Crypto World6 days agoU.S. BTC ETFs register back-to-back inflows for first time in a month
-
Crypto World2 days agoBhutan’s Bitcoin sales enter third straight week with $6.7M BTC offload
-
Crypto World4 days agoPippin (PIPPIN) Enters Crypto’s Top 100 Club After Soaring 30% in a Day: More Room for Growth?
-
Sports7 days ago
Kirk Cousins Officially Enters the Vikings’ Offseason Puzzle
-
Crypto World6 days agoBlockchain.com wins UK registration nearly four years after abandoning FCA process
-
Video4 days agoPrepare: We Are Entering Phase 3 Of The Investing Cycle
-
Crypto World6 days agoEthereum Enters Capitulation Zone as MVRV Turns Negative: Bottom Near?
-
NewsBeat16 hours agoThe strange Cambridgeshire cemetery that forbade church rectors from entering
-
Crypto World5 days agoCrypto Speculation Era Ending As Institutions Enter Market
-
Business4 days agoBarbeques Galore Enters Voluntary Administration
-
Crypto World4 days agoEthereum Price Struggles Below $2,000 Despite Entering Buy Zone
-
Politics6 days agoWhy was a dog-humping paedo treated like a saint?
-
NewsBeat18 hours agoMan dies after entering floodwater during police pursuit
-
Crypto World2 days agoBlackRock Enters DeFi Via UniSwap, Bitcoin Stages Modest Recovery




