Entertainment
Whitney Port Details ‘Amazing’ Embryo Transfer With New Surrogate
Whitney Port gave an update on her fertility journey after a recent embryo transfer with her surrogate.
“Everything went amazingly,” the Hills alum, 40, enthusiastically said in a TikTok video on Wednesday, February 18, while discussing her trip to New York City with husband Tim Rosenman. “They said she looked amazing and the embryo plumped up like it should. I’m so happy that this part is behind us but there is so much left.”
Port went on to say that when they met their surrogate, they immediately felt like she had “the warmest, most wonderful vibe.”
“She even told me that she looked up what temperature she should be sleeping in last night ahead of the transfer,” Port added with a smile. “It was just everything I hoped it would be and now she can take a pregnancy test in five days, but you know, you’re supposed to wait the full 10 days for the blood test.”
Port explained that she didn’t feel “so nervous” about the surrogate not getting pregnant. Instead, she’s “more nervous about lasting through the first trimester,” since that’s when all of her own miscarriages have happened, along with other surrogates she’s used.
“Just gotta get through this first trimester and then I’ll feel like I can start thinking ahead and planning,” she added. “We’ve otherwise had the best trip here.”
In the caption, Port gushed, “We met our surrogate!!!!!!!!!!!! Let’s get dressed and talk about it. So many emotions.”
Port and Rosenman, 46, are already the parents of son Sonny, 8, who was born in July 2017. Fans were quick to support the couple in the comments section.
“Wishing you, Timmy and Sonny all the best!! 💕💕💕 this is so exciting,” one wrote. A second follower gushed, “Good luck with the baby u deserve to be a mommy again ❤️.”
A third commented, “Oh Whitney, I am so excited to hear this — sending prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!!”
@whitneyport we met our surrogate!!!!!!!!!!!! lets get dressed and talk about it. So many emotions.
Port has been open about her struggles with infertility in the past. Last month, during an episode of the “Spread the Jelly” podcast, Port got candid about accepting motherhood.
“I don’t think motherhood looks like what I imagined,” she said. “I never thought I’d be a mom to an only child. I always knew I wanted more than one. I didn’t picture this, and that’s been a little weird for me. My identity as a mom doesn’t feel fully solidified yet because I feel incomplete. I really do.”
The reality star continued, “I’m trying to come to a place of acceptance with having one child, because I haven’t been able to get pregnant with a second. We’re still on the journey and still trying. But it feels like there’s a piece of my motherhood pie that isn’t complete.”
Port confessed that sometimes she feels “insecure” when talking with other working mothers. “There’s this feeling like one isn’t enough,” she explained. “Or that it’s not as hard, or not as much to balance, or not the full picture. And I carry that insecurity. I’ve done a lot of work around it.”
While she usually feels like being a family of three is “wonderful,” Port said she sometimes senses something is missing. “There’s still a part of me that doesn’t feel complete,” she said.
She also opened up about trying to expand her family through IVF for the past seven years and experiencing five miscarriages, which led to the couple’s decision to use a surrogate.
“I decided to take my power back and see it as a privilege; I don’t need to keep putting my body through this after six years of trying. I was losing myself,” she added.