He admitted he wants the iconic 90s pop group to extend their two-night farewell at the Emirates Stadium in London in June into a full tour
Boyzone star Keith Duffy has admitted he wants the iconic 90s pop group to extend their two-night farewell into a tour.
The Irish heartthrobs will play their biggest headline shows ever in June at the Emirates Stadium in London over back-to-back nights having already sold out their initial gig and adding an extra date.
It was initially billed as their final ever performance – called One For The Road – to please their fanbase and the clamour for a comeback after the massive success of their three-part Sky Documentary No Matter What last year.
READ MORE: Ronan Keating says Boyzone tour would be ‘incredibly unhealthy’READ MORE: Ronan Keating’s Wild Atlantic: Boyzone singer set to explore Derry in new travel series
Keith, 51, will take a break from a UK-wide tour with his spin-off act Boyzlife – a duo with ex-Westlife singer Brian McFadden – to reunite with Ronan Keating, Shane Lynch and Mikey Graham for Boyzone’s final hurrah.
It will be their first performance together since a five-night run at the London Palladium in 2019. And Keith revealed: “It’s going to be over like that (clicks fingers). So we need to make sure we do enjoy it.
“Now it’s two nights now, we’re doing Friday and Saturday now, the Saturday is sold out. Both of them will be sold by then. But we’re going through all the usual rehearsals spaces, music, choreography, dancing – we’re going through the whole f***ing two, three-week rehearsal to do two nights – and then it’s done.
“That’s the thing about it. We’re going to be trained and tested. It’s a shame just to do two nights, we should do a whole f***ing tour.”
According to the Official Charts, Boyzone have racked up 18 UK Top 10 hits with six of them number ones, alongside five albums also topping the charts. Looking back on his breakthrough as a pop star with the band, Keith admitted it was a baptism of fire when they first found fame.
He explained: “The promotional stuff was crazy. You’d be up at half five in the morning and you’d be still going at half 11 that night and it’s tiresome and there’s five guys in the back of a van going around Amsterdam, going around Dusseldorf, going around wherever and that’s when the s*** happens.
“That’s when you’re getting tired and grumpy and somebody’s annoying you and you’re crapping off at each other and then you’re just about to break up because it’s all just a f***ing pressure cooker of s***. And then you go on tour and you go out on stage and then you realise: ‘This is what it’s all about.’”
Keith’s other project Boyzlife kicked off their 2026 tour in Guilford this week and it will run until November with a break between for the Boyzone spectacular – but Keith said he only agreed to it as long as “Brian’s a part of it, absolutely”.
He said it hasn’t been decided yet whether Brian will be a support act for Boyzone or join the quartet for songs in a cameo appearance on the stage but insisted “they’ll definitely be something”.
The duo, who are both Manchester United fans and firm friends for decades now, will also use the stage to plug the second half of their own tour.
Keith added: “This is only the first half of our tour. We’ve 30 dates and we do Thursday to Sunday for eight weeks and then we have our festivals and our corporate gigs, our charity events, whatever the f***’s going on – but we have 30 more dates in October and November. So those dates are on sale now.
“So we’ll use the Boyzone show in June, put them up on the big screen, get him out on stage, do a couple of songs and sell them out.”
When the Boyzone show was first announced in September last year, singer Ronan Keating made it clear he felt it was a one off gig.
“We’re not making new music, it’s not a reunion,” Keating told BBC Breakfast. “There’s plenty of bands out there doing that.
“Everybody has been part of Boyzone’s journey, this story they’ve shared, they’ve cried with us, they’ve laughed with us through the documentary.
“And now, to get to Emirates together, all of us, and say our final farewell the way we want to do it, will be pretty powerful.”
However the huge demand for tickets means they are already extending the comeback to two nights.
*Boylife are on tour across the UK until November – visit www.boyzlife.co.uk for details.
For all the latest news, visit the Belfast Live homepage here and sign up to our What’s On newsletter.
