Connect with us

Sports

Conor Benn announces stunning signing with Dana White after 10 years with Eddie Hearn

Published

on

Conor Benn has made a shock change to his career after it was announced he has signed with Zuffa Boxing and Dana White.

Benn had been promoted by Matchroom Boxing for his entire tenure after making his professional debut back in 2016, and has established himself as one of the biggest names in Britain.

In 2025, he was involved in two epic battles with Chris Eubank Jr, losing the first by unanimous decision before gaining revenge in the rematch in November, dropping Eubank twice on his way to a dominant points win.

Advertisement

Those bouts ended a difficult chapter for Benn, who in October 2022 was forced to pull out of his initially planned fight date with Eubank after a failed drugs test, leading to a several year battle in an attempt to clear his name.

Matchroom and Eddie Hearn stood by Benn throughout that saga, and had big plans for the future following the win over Eubank, but Benn will now make those plans alongside his new promotional outfit Zuffa Boxing.

In a statement on social media, Benn said he had to take the offer presented by Zuffa.

“First and foremost, I want to thank Eddie and the entire team at Matchroom for everything they’ve done for me over the past decade. From guiding me when I first turned pro, to headlining stadium shows. They were not only with me for those highlight moments but stood shoulder to shoulder with me during the tough times.

“It’s been a journey beyond anything we could have imagined, and for their belief, support and guidance, I will always be truly grateful, but Zuffa Boxing presented me with an opportunity I simply couldn’t refuse. I’d love Eddie to continue to be part of my team and for our partnership to evolve in this new chapter.

Advertisement

“I’m filled with excitement and hunger for what’s ahead with Zuffa Boxing. I want the legacy fights, the biggest nights, the biggest stages. I fear no man at any weight, and I’m ready to give the fans the fights they’ve been calling for. I’m in my prime, and together we have bold, ambitious plans.”

‘The Destroyer’ had targeted fights with a number of big names, including the winner of Saturday’s WBC title fight between Mario Barrios and Ryan Garcia, along with newly-crowned WBO champion Shakur Stevenson, with Zuffa now the ones tasked with making those bouts.

The signing of Benn is a big statement of intent from Zuffa, and adds a fresh twist to the ongoing feud between Matchroom chairman Hearn and Zuffa chief White, after a war of words between the two powerhouses emerged in recent weeks.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

“You will never be your own man”- Seeds planted for a potential betrayal within the MFTs on WWE SmackDown

Published

on

Tensions might be brewing within the MFTs after Shinsuke Nakamura confronted Tama Tonga backstage this week on WWE SmackDown. The two superstars have a lot of history with one another.

Tonga is in his second reign as the WWE Tag Team Champions. He won the titles with MFT leader Solo Sikoa and went on to pick up two huge singles wins, with the first being against Nakamura on SmackDown. This week on the blue brand, Tonga defeated Ilja Dragunov.

Backstage, Sikoa congratulated Tonga on his win and said that one day he would win the United States Championship. But, for now, the 43-year-old superstar needed to focus on The Wyatt Sicks, who have been feuding with the MFTs for months. This led to another exchange between Nakamura, who walked into the MFTs locker room and told Tonga that he was in Sikoa’s shadow and would never be a man of his own.

Advertisement

Check out the exchange between Nakamura and Tonga:

Tama Tonga shared a three-word message after beating Shinsuke Nakamura on WWE SmackDown

Tama Tonga shared a three-word message after he beat Shinsuke Nakamura on SmackDown. The two locked horns several weeks ago, with Tonga walking out with the win.

On social media, he shared a video of himself working out after the win and shared a three-word message. The tag team champion wrote:

“Pressure stays on. #BackToWork,”

Tonga has been loyal to Solo Sikoa from the first day he arrived in the WWE. He debuted post-WrestleMania XL, attacking Jimmy Uso and replacing him in Sikoa’s newly formed Bloodline.

Advertisement

After an absence from television due to injury, Tonga returned to align with the MFTs, as Sikoa rebranded the group from the new Bloodline to the MFTs. The reigning tag team champion has had his sights on the United States Championship for a while.