Connect with us

Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo believes his final year playing soccer is upon him

Published

on

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Cristiano Ronaldo, one of the greatest soccer players to grace a pitch, believes this season will be his last.

During an interview with Vogue, the Portuguese superstar told the outlet this upcoming season will be “probably my last year of football.”

Ronaldo, 41, recently married longtime partner Georgina Rodríguez, and perhaps settling down with his family is what the legendary player wishes now.

Advertisement

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Cristiano Ronaldo and Georgina Rodriguez with trophy

Cristiano Ronaldo of Juventus poses with the Serie A trophy alongside his girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez (L) and mother Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro after winning the Serie A Championship 2018-2019 (8th title in a row) at the end of the Serie A football match between Juventus FC and Atalanta BC. (Nicolò Campo/LightRocket via Getty Images)

Ronaldo currently plays for the Saudi Pro League’s Al-Nassr club, which he has been a part of since 2023. He has scored 102 goals through his 107 matches there.

He also completed his sixth World Cup with Portugal, though he wanted to lift the trophy. Instead, Portugal fell to World Cup-winner Spain, 1-0, in full time in the Round of 16.

CRISTIANO RONALDO SHUTS DOWN REPORTER’S LIONEL MESSI QUESTION IN AWKWARD MOMENT AFTER TWO-GOAL WIN

Advertisement

It’s safe to say that Ronaldo will no longer star for the Portugal national team, finishing his World Cup career with 11 goals across 27 appearances. He also has 146 goals across 233 international appearances for his country.

Ronaldo told the outlet he wants to “leave a spectacular legacy,” and he’s certainly done that over his many years in the game.

Cristiano Ronaldo points

Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo leaves the pitch after being substituted during the World Cup group H soccer match between South Korea and Portugal, at the Education City Stadium in Al Rayyan, Qatar, Friday, Dec. 2, 2022. (AP Photo/Francisco Seco)

Now, he looks ahead to what life will be off the pitch.

“I have my future all mapped out,” he explained. “I have so many things to keep me busy that to tell you just one thing is hard. Because football could leave a big hole, you have to fill your time in various ways, not just one.

Advertisement

“And also have more fun, travel more, watch and play padel, which I really like, and continue to enjoy what I’ve earned – what we’ve earned. Because after all, it’s been 25 years with a lot of sacrifice.”

Ronaldo and Al-Nassr start their season Tuesday. If this is indeed his final season playing, his final match would be May 28, 2027.

Cristiano Ronaldo leaving the pitch after the first half during a soccer match in Houston

Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo leaves the pitch after the first half during the World Cup Group K match between Portugal and Congo in Houston on June 17, 2026. (Karen Warren/AP)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Ronaldo has won the Ballon d’Or, the award given to the best footballer in the world each season, five times. He has been nominated for the award a record 18 times.

Advertisement

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Can Roman Reigns deny Solo Sikoa in The Bloodline for one big reason? Exploring the possibility

Published

on

Roman Reigns is set to return on the Aug. 17 episode of WWE RAW after missing last week’s show, which featured major developments in the Bloodline saga. Jey Uso faced Solo Sikoa in a high-stakes impromptu match, with the stipulation that if The Yeet Man wins, The Street Champion would be forced to join the family. On the other hand, a Sikoa win would make him a free man from the Bloodline.

Thanks to Jimmy Uso’s interference, Jey Uso won the bout. As a result, this week, Solo Sikoa will be forced to rejoin The Bloodline in the presence of The OTC.

However, Roman could deny Solo Sikoa’s entry into The Bloodline.

The Tribal Chief could go off on Jey Uso for making his own rules and not bothering to ask him once before making such a big decision, which could have cost them if he had lost.

The OTC could also call out The Yeet Man and Big Jim for cheating to win, something Reigns has been avoiding himself.

However, The Usos breaking the rule could put them at odds with the Tribal Chief, who follows an entirely different philosophy. Therefore, Roman Reigns could deny Sikoa entry into the group and let him go for a while, creating a gripping segment, planting seeds of tension within the Bloodline, and potentially building toward another civil war.

Meanwhile, this would also help Solo Sikoa continue to grow as a babyface superstar on Monday Night RAW.

Advertisement

That said, the angle proposed above is speculative, and nothing has been officially confirmed yet.

Former WWE United States Champion takes shots at Roman Reigns ahead of RAW

The Original Tribal Chief is on a dominant run as the World Heavyweight Champion and has already defended his strap thrice.

AAA General Manager Rey Mysterio recently announced that Roman Reigns will defend his strap on the Sept. 14 edition of WWE RAW in Mexico City. The winner of the cross-brand Luchador tournament, featuring luchadores from RAW, SmackDown, AAA, and NXT, will earn a title shot.

Penta is one of those stars; he already punched his ticket to the tournament’s semi-finals and is just two steps away from a title match. The former United States Champion appeared on this week’s AAA episode and issued a chilling warning to Roman Reigns, claiming he would win the tournament.

Advertisement

“You have never faced a wrestler like Penta, you’ve never been in front of a man like Penta, a man who has fought for everything, even his life, to gain everything I’ve gained in my career. Roman, I’ve never need a family or a faction or a group to accomplish my objectives. Penta has fought for himself and for all his people, that is Penta. I respect you as a wrestler, but when I win this tournament, I’m going straight to Mexico City, I’m gonna see you face to face and show you who is Penta,” he said. (Translated from Spanish) (30:30 onwards)

With Sunday Night’s Main Event and 2026 Money in the Bank on the way, it will be interesting to see what plans Triple H and the WWE creative crew have in store for Roman Reigns and his Bloodline in the coming weeks.