Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

Eddie Hearn blocked one man from facing Conor Benn before promotional split: “I was trying to get him”

Published

on

Conor Benn called for several high-profile fights during his time with Matchroom Boxing, but former promoter Eddie Hearn appears to have ruled out one potential in-house clash.

Since Benn’s departure from Matchroom, Hearn has spoken openly about previous discussions surrounding the welterweight’s career, recently claiming that Benn turned down proposed world title fights with Rolando Romero, Lewis Crocker and Josh Kelly.

Now, former IBF and WBC welterweight champ Jaron Ennis has revealed that he pushed for a fight with Benn while both fighters were aligned with Hearn, only for the idea to be dismissed immediately.

Advertisement

Speaking on the All The Smoke Fight Podcast, Ennis said:

“I told Eddie to let me fight him.

“I said that I would fight Conor, he [Hearn] turned around and said ‘absolutely not’. I’m going to get in trouble but he said ‘absolutely not’. I was trying to get him though.”

‘Boots’ Ennis – who the promoter brands ‘the next Terence Crawford – did praise Benn and suggested he has continued to improve in recent outings.

“He is good and I think he is getting better.”

Ennis is currently preparing to challenge Xander Zayas for the unified super-welterweight title next month, with the American aiming to become champion in a second weight class. Should Benn move up to 154lbs in the future, Hearn may be more keen on making the fight happen after their promotional split.

Advertisement

In the meantime, the Brit looks to challenge Ryan Garcia for the WBC welterweight belt later this year.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Celtics star Jaylen Brown rips Stephen A Smith in heated livestream rant

Published

on

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Boston Celtics star Jaylen Brown’s season may be over but his feud with ESPN personality Stephen A. Smith heated up over the weekend.

Brown was on his livestream and came after Smith once again after the sports pundit told the NBA guard to “be quiet.” Smith previously responded to Brown accusing NBA referees of having an “agenda” against him following the Philadelphia 76ers coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the series against the Celtics.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Advertisement
Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown standing on the basketball court at TD Garden.

Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown is on the court before game seven of the first round of the 2026 NBA Playoffs against the Philadelphia 76ers at TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts, on May 2, 2026. (Winslow Townson/Imagn Images)

The five-time All-Star wrote on X earlier this month he would “be quiet” once Smith retired.

“Did he just say I needed to be quiet? Be quiet for who?” he said Sunday night. “Man, f— Stephen A. Stephen A, Stephen B, Stephen C. My offer still stands. You want me to be quiet and stop streaming, well, I want you to be quiet and get off these networks because you’re not using your platform to do real journalism. You’re using your platform to use clickbait.

“Tell this mother—-er to retire because he’s the face of clickbait media at the point and maybe with his retirement we can spark a movement to get the rest of these mother—-ers out of here — or to also have some type of … forget journalistic integrity, actual integrity in order to hold themselves accountable to the bulls— takes they put out.”

Stephen A. Smith speaking while Ja Morant listens during NBA event

Stephen A. Smith questioned whether NBA players feel safe in Memphis, and Grizzlies guard Ja Morant responded during an NBA event in 2024. (Kirby Lee/Imagn Images)

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Advertisement

Brown analyzed one clip of Smith speaking about Brown not having Jayson Tatum on his stream and suggested that it’s the reason why Smith is referred to as a “clown.”

It’s safe to say the Celtics had a better season than NBA fans expected. Boston came into the year without Tatum as he suffered a torn Achilles in the playoffs last year.

But Brown carried the load, playing in 71 games and averaging 28.7 points, 6.9 rebounds and 5.1 assists. Brown said that Smith couldn’t understand how leadership and team chemistry helped lift the Celtics to greater heights than what was expected.

The Celtics were 56-26 and won the Atlantic Division.

Advertisement
Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown dribbling basketball against Philadelphia 76ers at Xfinity Mobile Arena

Boston Celtics guard Jaylen Brown dribbles the ball against the Philadelphia 76ers during the first quarter at Xfinity Mobile Arena in Philadelphia, Pa., on April 30, 2026. (Bill Streicher/Imagn Images)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Smith previously said that Brown needed to “be quiet” unless he was trying to force the Celtics to trade him.

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Six French football clubs qualify for 2027 European competitions

Published

on

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

New Zealand Warriors vs Brisbane Broncos Tips, Odds, Teams & Predictions – NRL Round 11 2026

Published

on

Suncorp Stadium will play host to Sunday’s
Round 11 NRL game between New Zealand Warriors and
Brisbane Broncos. The game kicks off at 4:05 pm with New Zealand Warriors heading into the game as favourites with the bookmakers. Continue reading for our in-depth preview of the New Zealand Warriors vs.
Brisbane Broncos
game and give you our free tips and bets.

When: Sunday May 17, 2026 at 4:05 pm

Where: Suncorp Stadium

Bet 💰: Bet On This Match HERE

Advertisement

New Zealand Warriors vs Brisbane Broncos Odds

New Zealand Warriors vs Brisbane Broncos Preview

Two premiership contenders enter Sunday afternoon heading in opposite directions. Brisbane showed admirable resilience during its injury-hit winning streak, but the physical toll appears to be catching up with the Broncos as the season deepens. Fatigue and inconsistency have crept into their performances, particularly around defensive transitions and ruck speed.

The Warriors, meanwhile, are benefiting from one of the competition’s deepest squads. Fresh off the bye, New Zealand looks energised and well placed to challenge Brisbane through the middle third, where Wayde Egan’s running game becomes especially dangerous. Andrew Webster’s side has consistently generated opportunities by winning ruck speed and shifting tired defenders around the park. If the Warriors establish dominance early through possession and territory, their edge attack could create major problems for a Broncos side still searching for rhythm.

First Try Scorer

Advertisement

First Try Scorer:

Reece Walsh at $10.00.

Advertisement

New Zealand Warriors vs Brisbane Broncos Teams

Warriors team: 1. Taine Tuaupiki 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Ali Leiataua 4. Adam Pompey 5. Alofiana Khan-Pereira 6. Chanel Harris-Tavita 7. Tanah Boyd 8. James Fisher-Harris 9. Wayde Egan 10. Mitchell Barnett 11. Leka Halasima 12. Kurt Capewell 13. Erin Clark 14. Samuel Healey 15. Jackson Ford 16. Demitric Vaimauga 17. Jacob Laban 18. Tanner Stowers-Smith 20. Te Maire Martin 21. Eddie Ieremia-Toeava 22. Luke Hanson 23. Makaia Tafua

Broncos team: 1. Reece Walsh 2. Josiah Karapani 3. Jesse Arthars 4. Gehamat Shibasaki 5. Phillip Coates 6. Ezra Mam 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Preston Riki 9. Cory Paix 10. Xavier Willison 11. Jaiyden Hunt 12. Jordan Riki 13. Patrick Carrigan 14. Ben Hunt 15. Ben Talty 16. Va’a Semu 17. Aublix Tawha 18. Hayze Perham 19. Josh Rogers 20. Thomas Duffy 21. Luke Gale 22. Kane Bradley

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

The Vikings Will Win 10 Games in 2026

Published

on

Advertisement

Minnesota Vikings tight end T.J. Hockenson (87) misses an open pass during the first half of the NFL game at Ford Field in Detroit on Sunday, Jan. 5, 2025. © Kimberly P. Mitchell / USA TODAY NETWORK via Imagn Images.

On Thursday night, the NFL turned its yearly schedule release into quite the spectacle. This has been the case for years now, and for whatever reason, fans absolutely eat it up. Regardless, the Minnesota Vikings now not only know their opponents, but when exactly they will play them.

The Schedule Gives Minnesota a Cleaner Path Back to the Playoffs

The season starts with a big matchup against the Green Bay Packers, and the NFC North Division stays at the forefront with a Week 2 game against the Chicago Bears. Minnesota will need to come correct out of the gate, and new quarterback Kyler Murray must immediately perform in purple.

A year ago, the Vikings missed the playoffs with a 9-8 record. Behind the 11-win Bears, the entire division was made up of 9-game winners. Green Bay got the wild card spot by having one of their games end in a tie rather than a loss; that’s how razor-thin the difference was.

Advertisement

This season, the Minnesota Vikings will improve by at least one game and win double digits.

Rather than going through games on an individual basis, it seems clear there are some very straightforward contests to suggest that Kevin O’Connell’s team will come out on top in. Division matchups are often split throughout a season, and the Vikings have bottom feeders in the form of Miami, New York (Jets), New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, and potentially Washington all on their schedule.

Kevin O'Connell, the Vikings head coach, at 2025 training camp. Vikings schedule
Jul 29, 2025; Eagan, MN, USA; Minnesota Vikings head coach Kevin O’Connell looks on during the team’s training camp at the Minnesota Vikings Training Facility. Mandatory Credit: Matt Krohn-Imagn Images.

Murray and the Vikings will need to beat multiple difficult opponents. They have games against New England, Buffalo, and Tampa Bay this season. Each of them has shown an ability to win at a high level, and stealing some of those will be the difference between success and failure.

Last season, Minnesota ripped off nine wins despite having a bad and hurt J.J. McCarthy under center. They then turned to a mediocre and hurt Carson Wentz. It was a house of horrors for the bulk of the year, but coming out where they did was nothing short of a miracle.

This time around, the Vikings will be in a better spot, with a better quarterback and a schedule that will reward them if they can execute.


avatar
Ted Schwerzler is a Minneapolis based blogger that covers the Minnesota Twins and Vikings. Sharing thoughts constantly on Twitter, … More about Ted Schwerzler
Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Former teammate makes ‘controversial’ remark on Virat Kohli’s 105* off 60 balls in IPL 2026

Published

on

Former Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) teammate Dale Steyn has showered his praise on star batter Virat Kohli for his unbeaten century in a winning cause against Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) in IPL 2026. After coming from two consecutive ducks in his previous two games, the cricketer-turned-commentator credited Kohli for his strong mindset, especially in run chases. However, Steyn added that he wasn’t surprised because the top three batters are the ones who end up scoring the centuries in T20s.

The remarks came days after Kohli slammed an unbeaten 105 off 60 balls to take RCB over the line against KKR while chasing 193. During his knock, he became the first player to complete 500 runs nine times in the T20 league.

Speaking to AB de Villiers on his YouTube channel, Dale Steyn said:

“I might sound controversial, I know it’s probably the easiest time to get a 100 has been opening the batting, one, two, and three. You still got to go out there, and you got to do it. You still got to score those runs, which takes something. And then also to chase like I’m building this stuff. So that pressure of being able to chase, maintain the scoring rate, maintain the run rate required, shepherding guys around you. It’s a masterful knock [from Kohli], something he’s done time and time and time again. And I think now he relishes that space.

“It’s a knife-edge; it can go either way. People expect you to do well in chases because you’ve done that in the past. That can create a kind of pressure, but I think if you take all of that away, like take everything away, I think just the way that Virat has evolved his game over the years, his hunger, his ability to still find ways to score in different areas. That’s the big thing for me. Any time you get a 100 in T20 is very special.”

Dale Steyn has played for RCB in five IPL seasons, picking up 32 wickets in 33 matches.

youtube-cover

“Like Novak Djokovic” – AB de Villiers heaps praise on Virat Kohli’s century vs KKR in IPL 2026

RCB legend AB de Villiers also lauded Virat Kohli for his century against KKR, commending him for his ability to deliver over the years by mastering the craft. While comparing him with tennis legend Novak Djokovic, the cricketer-turned-analyst said in the same video:

“It’s a psychological thing, I think. And I can think of a lot of sports people like Novak Djokovic, who’s labelled as this guy that can do marathons basically in tennis matches, take it very deep, and once again, the flip side is also true. He can sometimes be a little bit lazy and not go for the killer punch because you are this guy who takes it deep.

“So, it can go both ways, but it’s definitely in the mind where Virat crossed that line initially, early on in his career, started building, getting a bit of momentum with that. Once you start crossing the line a couple of times, you actually start believing like I’m really a specialist at chasing, and then you become almost unstoppable.”

Meanwhile, defending champions RCB have become the first team to qualify for the IPL 2026 playoffs. The table toppers have nine wins in 13 games. Virat Kohli and his team will play their last group-stage match against SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) away from home on May 22.

Advertisement