Connect with us

Sports

Geegees Mistruth targets 2026 Oakleigh Plate at Caulfield

Published

on

Spending extended periods with Mark Walker’s Cranbourne operation has only heightened the stable’s appreciation for Geegees Mistruth.

Last spring, the Tasmanian-bred four-year-old moved from Stuart Gandy’s yard to join Walker.

Having secured six wins from 15 starts, Geegees Mistruth is still seeking her first mainland victory, with the Walker team optimistic about the Group 1 Oakleigh Plate (1100m) on Caulfield’s Saturday card.

Assistant-trainer Ben Gleeson indicated the preparation focused on maintaining freshness for the mare in this race.

Advertisement

Gleeson highlighted how the reduced field suits Geegees Mistruth perfectly.

The mare notched placings in all three of her outings for the Walker stable.

She opened her recent preparation third over 1000m at Caulfield on January 24 before resuming jump-outs with a win on February 9.

“She trialled up impressively and we’ve intentionally gone a month between runs, second-up, which her record is two wins, two seconds,” Gleeson said.

Advertisement

“She flies with that little bit of freshness in her.

“She couldn’t have trialled any better and her gallop on Tuesday was excellent.

“The less than capacity field suits as she can find trouble in the run, but the extra 100 metres is good and hopefully those gaps come easier for her.”

Gleeson noted Geegees Mistruth’s training challenges, but emphasized improving control as time progresses in the stable.

Advertisement

“We’ve tried a few different things with her training, and we think that it’s working,” Gleeson said.

“She’s a trick to train, but we love her, and we think we’ve got the best of her now and hopefully on Saturday she shows it.”

Explore the latest racing betting markets for the Oakleigh Plate action.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Floyd Mayweather coming out of retirement again after Mike Tyson exhibition

Published

on

Floyd Mayweather has announced he is coming out of retirement again.

The former multi-weight champion, who turns 49 later this month, is due to fight Mike Tyson in an exhibition bout in Spring, even though the specifics like date and venue have not been confirmed.

But after sharing the ring with “Iron Mike”, Mayweather will resume his professional career with his first fight slated for this summer. His first opponent will be confirmed at a later date, along with the venue.

This is the American’s fourth comeback from retirement, having previously hung up the gloves in 2007 and 2015, before most recently calling it quits in 2017 after his lucrative fight with former UFC champion Conor McGregor.

“I still have what it takes to set more records in the sport of boxing – from my upcoming Mike Tyson event to my next professional fight afterwards – no one will generate a bigger gate, have a larger global broadcast audience and generate more money with each event – than my events,” said Mayweather.

Advertisement
Floyd Mayweather will resume his professional career

Floyd Mayweather will resume his professional career (AP)

Mayweather, who will return to the professional game with an undefeated record of 50-0, has signed with CSI Sports and Fight Sports.

He won titles across five weight classes across a glittering career which saw him headline three of the highest-grossing bouts in history against eight-weight world champion Manny Pacquiao, Mexican pound-for-pound sensation Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez, and McGregor.

This latest return sets up a first professional fight for Mayweather in nearly a decade, but “Money” has been involved in several exhibitions since his last retirement in 2017.

Advertisement

He most recently squared off against John Gotti III, the grandson of New York crime boss John Gotti, in August 2024 and has also contested bouts with YouTubers Logan Paul and Olajide Olatunji, the brother of KSI.

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Bracketology Bubble Watch: Miami (Ohio) still undefeated; TCU vs. West Virginia is crucial for both teams

Published

on


Here’s the full bubble picture before a full Saturday of games featuring NCAA Tournament hopefuls

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

My first Titleist Vokey Wedge Fitting

Published

on

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Janel Grant breaks public silence after Vince McMahon lawsuit

Published

on

Former WWE employee Janel Grant recently made a huge public appearance. She had earlier filed a lawsuit against Vince McMahon.

A huge lawsuit against Mr. McMahon rocked the WWE. The former WWE paralegal in her 2024 lawsuit detailed that Vince McMahon sexually abused and trafficked her during her employment in the company. The former CEO and Chairman denied the claims but had to step away from his roles in the company.

In a 16-minute address to the press, Miss Grant detailed that many employees at the WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT, remain intimidated, despite McMahon stepping away from the company years ago. She also recalled the terrifying moment she knew that the media would be publishing her story, and she would not be able to talk about it openly.

Advertisement

“So imagine me getting a phone call I didn’t expect, saying that at any minute the Wall Street Journal would be publishing a story about me, Vince McMahon, and a non-disclosure agreement. I was told, if anybody asks me about this, I can’t make a comment, I can’t acknowledge it, I can’t say I’m not okay, and if anybody approaches me, I can’t acknowledge years of life to people who saw me live it. And it was like somebody set fire to my home intentionally with me still inside of it.” (H/T Post Wrestling)

The former WWE employee went on to describe how she tried to end her life, but someone saw her and stopped it from happening.


Janel Grant spoke about the NDA with Vince McMahon

During the address, Janel Grant argued that non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) were being misused to hide harmful behavior rather than protect privacy. She suggested that when NDAs are used this way, they allow misconduct to continue and affect future victims.

Grant described feeling isolated and financially strained by what happened to her. She said the NDA allowed exploitation to continue without checks. She also recalled rejecting an alleged effort to call her relationship with Vince McMahon consensual.