Connect with us

Sports

Man City transfer news LIVE Savinho exit latest, £75m bid, ‘double deal’

Published

on

City are entering an exciting new chapter. Pep Guardiola’s departure in May has signalled a changing of the guard at the Etihad Stadium. Bernardo Silva, John Stones and Rodri are among the legendary players who have said farewell this summer. However, City aren’t looking to stand still. Enzo Maresca is aiming to rebuild the Blues as they look to continue challenging in all four competitions. Phil Foden, Abdukodir Khusanov, Josko Gvardiol and Jeremy Doku have all signed new contracts, Elliot Anderson has arrived in a bumper move and the main man Erling Haaland will lead the line as ever.

Nobody knows how the season will unfold for City, but what we can promise you is comprehensive coverage of the Blues throughout the 2026/27 campaign. As well as our in-depth written coverage, our City reporters will be bringing you Talking City podcast episodes every week.

Read more here>>>

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Yankees, optimistic about offensive progress, head home to face Jays

Published

on

Aug 20, 2026; Baltimore, Maryland, USA;  New York Yankees outfielder Spencer Jones (78) celebrates as he rounds the bases after hitting a home run in the sixth inning against the Baltimore Orioles at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Mandatory Credit: Jamie Sabau-Imagn ImagesAug 20, 2026; Baltimore, Maryland, USA; New York Yankees outfielder Spencer Jones (78) celebrates as he rounds the bases after hitting a home run in the sixth inning against the Baltimore Orioles at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Mandatory Credit: Jamie Sabau-Imagn Images

As Aaron Judge makes incremental progress in his recovery from a fractured right rib, the New York Yankees are on one of their best stretches since losing their captain over two months ago.

The Yankees are riding a four-game winning streak as they return home Friday night for the opener of a three-game series against the surging Toronto Blue Jays.

There is still no timetable for Judge to return, but the three-time MVP started hitting off a tee on Thursday and seems likely to increase his batting progression during New York’s 10-game homestand.

The Yankees, who are 36-32 since Judge last played on May 31, completed a three-game sweep of the host Baltimore Orioles with a 6-1 win on Thursday.

New York is on its fourth four-game winning streak without Judge and is attempting to win five straight for the first time since May 24-29. While the Yankees are batting .202 over the past six games, they are coming off consecutive games with double-digit hits.

Advertisement

“I do feel like we’ve been better for the last week or 10 days, even on some of the days where we haven’t had results,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “I feel like some individuals are in a little bit of a better place. As a team, we’re in a little better place offensively, but we got to keep getting better. There’s more in there for all of us, and we got to keep getting it out.”

New York rookie Spencer Jones homered on Thursday in his second career three-hit game. He is 9-for-30 (.300) over the past eight games. Luis Garcia Jr. also went deep and collected three hits in the finale at Baltimore, his first three-hit game since being acquired from the Washington Nationals on Aug. 2.

Toronto split a four-game series in New York from May 18-21 and has split the 10 meetings with the Yankees this year. After winning two of three close games against the Yankees last weekend in Toronto, the Blue Jays scored 21 runs while taking two of three at Tampa Bay to open this week.

Advertisement

After hitting three homers in a 5-1 win on Thursday, the Blue Jays are 14-7 in their past 21 games. Toronto totaled 38 hits in the three games against the Rays.

Blue Jays rookie Kazuma Okamoto has homered in two of the past three games and has a six-game hitting streak. Alejandro Kirk is batting .405 (15-for-37) during a nine-game hitting streak and is 8-for-16 in five games against the Yankees this season.

“I think we’re coming in the ballpark confident every day, and it feels like it’s showing up more as late,” Toronto right-hander Shane Bieber said.

The Blue Jays will be without Vladimir Guerrero Jr., though, as he is expected to return from the concussion list on Saturday. He hit an RBI double and drew two walks in his first rehab game for Class-A Dunedin on Thursday.

Advertisement

Toronto shortstop Andres Gimenez may also be out after tweaking his right hamstring on Thursday. He won’t need an MRI, according to manager John Schneider, so the injury isn’t believed to be serious.

Cam Schlittler (10-6, 2.19 ERA), who is winless with a 2.90 ERA in his past four starts, will start the series opener for New York. Schlittler allowed just one run in each of his past two starts.

The right-hander is 0-2 with a 3.60 ERA in five regular-season starts against the Blue Jays. Schlittler held Toronto to four hits over 5 1/3 innings in a no-decision on Saturday.

The Blue Jays are expected to use a bullpen game on Friday before Dylan Cease and Jose Soriano start the following two contests. One of the pitchers who might appear in the Friday game is Spencer Arrighetti, who has not pitched for Toronto since being acquired from the Houston Astros in exchange for Daulton Varsho at the trade deadline.

Advertisement

Arrighetti has been on the injured list due to a nerve issue in his right foot.

–Field Level Media

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Former UFC heavyweight title challenger re-signs with the promotion under new contract

Published

on

One of the UFC’s heavyweight mainstays and a former interim title challenger is set to re-sign with the promotion on an extended deal, but the fans are divided over the move.

In a recent post on X, combat sports journalist James Lynch revealed that Curtis Blaydes is set to re-sign with the world’s premier MMA organization on an eight-fight deal.

According to Lynch, the new contract will begin with a September 12 clash against heavyweight knockout threat Waldo Cortes-Acosta at Noche UFC.

Check out James Lynch’s announcement about Curtis Blaydes below:

Advertisement

Get the latest updates on One Championship Rankings at Sportskeeda and more

The 35-year-old fighter from Naperville, Illinois, has been a fixture in the UFC heavyweight rankings for years. ‘Razor’ has notable wins over the likes of Alexander Volkov, Jailton Almeida, Jairzinho Rozenstruik, and Alistair Overeem, among others.

Advertisement

Blaydes also challenged for the interim heavyweight title at UFC 304, losing to Tom Aspinall. He is 2-3 in his last five fights, most recently suffering a unanimous decision loss to Josh Hokit at UFC 327.

Blaydes is one of the best wrestlers in the 265-pound division and boasts an impressive collegiate record, highlighted by a gold medal-winning performance at the NJCAA Championships as a redshirt sophomore at Harper College.

His upcoming opponent, Cortes-Acosta, currently sits at No.7 in the UFC heavyweight rankings. He is 3-2 in his last five fights, most recently suffering a unanimous decision loss to Volkov at UFC 328. Known for his heavy hands, Cortes-Acosta was riding a three-fight knockout streak before his most recent loss.


When Dana White was impressed by Josh Hokit and Curtis Blaydes’ UFC 327 showings

Curtis Blaydes and Josh Hokit delivered a banger at UFC 327, racking up a combined 351 significant strikes in three rounds. While Blaydes came up short, the bout helped solidify Hokit as a legitimate heavyweight contender.

Advertisement

Despite the loss, Blaydes’ showing may have played a role in his new contract with the UFC. During the post-fight press conference at UFC 327, White praised Hokit while also lauding both fighters for their impressive performances, saying:

“Nothing but respect for both of those men tonight. That fight was unbelievable, and you won’t hear a word out of me about [Hokit] from here on out. He walked the talk. It’s one thing to have a shtick and act, whatever, and it’s another thing to go in a fight against the No.5 guy in the world, who’s a bad dude, and do what he did tonight.”