Connect with us

Sports

Musiala Reveals Neurological Dysfunction After Second Collapse

Published

on

Bayern Munich midfielder Jamal Musiala has revealed that he is receiving treatment for a “neurological dysfunction” after collapsing during a match for the second time in four days.

The 23-year-old collapsed just six minutes after coming on as a substitute during Bayern’s 4-2 friendly win at Heidenheim on Tuesday.

Musiala appeared dazed and received medical attention before being helped from the pitch.

Advertisement

The incident came just four days after he had also collapsed during Bayern’s 3-1 friendly victory over RB Leipzig in Munich.

Musiala later took to Instagram to reassure fans and explain the condition.

> “I’ve been diagnosed with temporary, brief, but easily treatable absence seizures, which are due to a neurological dysfunction,” he said.

Advertisement

> “These can lead to the recent episodes, like the one against Leipzig or now in Heidenheim. I know they seem scary at first glance – but for me, they’re currently just part of my everyday life.”

The Germany international added that he is receiving good medical care and remains positive about his recovery.

> “I’m receiving excellent medical treatment and am very optimistic. FC Bayern and my family and friends are always by my side and supporting me on this journey.”

Bayern sporting director Max Eberl had earlier confirmed that the club was aware of the situation and said Musiala would speak about it himself.

Advertisement

“We knew about it and we are aware of the situation. Jamal will speak out,” Eberl said after Tuesday’s match.

Musiala missed the first six months of last season after suffering an ankle injury at the 2025 Club World Cup. He returned in the second half of the campaign and started three of Germany’s four matches at the 2026 World Cup.

Despite the latest incidents, Musiala remains optimistic and says he is receiving the necessary medical support from Bayern, his family and friends.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Rishabh Pant’s Test brilliance refuses to fade, but can he force his way back into India’s 2027 ODI World Cup plans? | Cricket News

Published

on

Rishabh Pant’s Test brilliance refuses to fade, but can he force his way back into India’s 2027 ODI World Cup plans?
Galle: India’s Rishabh Pant loses his balance while playing a shot on day four (PTI Photo)

The past year has proved to be the toughest phase of Rishabh Pant’s eventful career. After a second successive underwhelming IPL season, where he scored just 312 runs in 14 matches at 28.36, Pant lost the Lucknow Super Giants captaincy and returned to Delhi Capitals. His troubles extended beyond the IPL.He slipped out of India’s ODI plans, even missing out on the reserve wicketkeeper’s spot to Ishan Kishan, and lost Test vice-captaincy to KL Rahul.Yet, whenever Pant dons the whites, everything seems to change.For all his ups and downs in limited-overs cricket, Pant continues to be one of India’s most impactful Test cricketers. Before this Test, the 28-year-old had scored 3,557 runs in 50 Tests at an average of 43.37, with eight hundreds and 19 fifties. Few wicketkeeper-batters in world cricket can match that record.His love affair with Test cricket began fittingly on Aug 18, 2018, when he announced himself by smashing a six off England’s Adil Rashid with his second ball in Tests at Nottingham. Eight years to the day, Pant was at it again, becoming the first Indian and the fastest batter to hit 100 Test sixes while playing another innings that underlined why he is one of India’s biggest match-winners.The knock also revives an intriguing question: Can India really afford to leave Pant out of their plans for the 2027 ODI World Cup in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Namibia?His ODI numbers are modest, 871 runs in 31 matches at 33.50 with one century and five fifties, but Pant possesses the ability to change games in a session.“He’s a pure match-winner. If he has smashed 100 sixes in red-ball cricket, he can be dangerous in white-ball cricket too,” former India keeper and chief selector Kiran More told TOI.On Tuesday, Pant once again demonstrated that game-changing ability. With India searching for quick runs and momentum on Day Four of the rain-hit first Test at Galle, he blasted a 69-ball 66 that tilted the contest decisively in the visitors’ favour.Pant dominated a 54-run seventh-wicket stand with Ravindra Jadeja, who contributed just eight runs. His innings featured the audacity and flair that have become his trademark. The pick of his shots was a sensational charge down the track to Lahiru Kumara before slapping the ball over wide mid-off for six. It was a stroke few would attempt.His rapid 20th Test fifty helped India set Sri Lanka a daunting 372-run target and ensured the hosts remained under pressure.Teammate Devdutt Padikkal, who scored 167 in the first innings, summed up Pant’s value best. “It’s great entertainment. He is one of those batters you love to watch every day of the week. He really took the game to them and put them under pressure. That’s the ability he has. He can win games on his own. Everyone is really happy to have a player like him in our side,” he said.Pant’s second six off Kumara got him the 100th six.At a time when questions continue to surround his white-ball future, on Tuesday Pant served a reminder that genuine match-winners are rare. Every time doubts begin to surface, he finds a way to answer them. And if his Test exploits are any indication, leaving him out of India’s 2027 World Cup plans may prove far harder than it currently seems.

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Patrick Vieira Appointed New Senegal Head Coach

Published

on

Patrick Vieira has been appointed as the new head coach of the Senegal national team, with an agreement now confirmed.

The former France international will take charge with immediate effect, beginning a new chapter in his coaching career with the Teranga Lions.

Vieira, who was born in Dakar, brings experience from previous managerial spells with Nice, Crystal Palace, Strasbourg and Genoa. He will now be tasked with guiding and  preparing Senegal for the upcoming 2027 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying campaign.

Advertisement

The appointment gives Vieira his first opportunity to manage a senior national team as Senegal begin a new era under his leadership.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Diamondbacks 2B Ketel Marte (knee) travels to Phoenix for MRI

Published

on

Aug 16, 2026; Georgia, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks second baseman Ketel Marte (4) runs to the dugout during the game against the Arizona Diamondbacks during the fourth inning at Truist Park. Mandatory Credit: Jordan Godfree-Imagn ImagesAug 16, 2026; Georgia, USA; Arizona Diamondbacks second baseman Ketel Marte (4) runs to the dugout during the game against the Arizona Diamondbacks during the fourth inning at Truist Park. Mandatory Credit: Jordan Godfree-Imagn Images

One day after Arizona Diamondbacks second baseman Ketel Marte didn’t report for a game in Boston, he traveled to Phoenix to get an MRI exam on his balky left knee.

Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo still hasn’t had any communication with the three-time All-Star, but shortstop Geraldo Perdomo had some text conversation with Marte on Tuesday.

“I texted him and asked him what happened, and he didn’t respond to me yesterday,” Perdomo said of Marte, his close friend. “But today I just texted him about how his knee feels, because I know it’s been bothering him since the (All-Star) break. And he told me he felt a little uncomfortable and was going to get an MRI. So, that’s the conversation that we had.”

Marte, 32, exited Friday’s game against the Atlanta Braves with knee soreness and sat out Saturday night. He returned to play second base on Sunday and traveled with the team for the series against the Red Sox.

When Marte didn’t show at Fenway Park on Monday, Arizona placed him on the restricted list.

Advertisement

Lovullo had limited information on Tuesday and said it was time for him to worry about the entire team, not one player.

“I think he’s headed back to Phoenix to get some get some exams done on his left knee,” Lovullo told reporters. “That’s what I’ve been told.

“But overall, my focus has shifted. My focus yesterday was squarely on this topic, but right now it’s on the 26 players that are inside of the clubhouse right now. That’s my responsibility and that’s what we have to do in this game. We’ve got to shift our focuses and be present for what’s most important. And the most important thing to me right now is going out (to) win a baseball game.”

Advertisement

One matter of curiosity was why Marte couldn’t undergo the MRI exam in Boston. Diamondbacks third baseman Nolan Arenado underwent one in Boston on his intercostal muscle on Monday.

“It’s not my department, I don’t know the reason for that,” Lovullo said. “So, I think it might have been his request to go back and see our doctors in Phoenix.”

Ildemaro Vargas started at second base for the Diamondbacks on Tuesday for the second straight night. Arizona was whipped 11-1 on Monday amidst the Marte chaos.

Marte has been the subject of odd absences before. His home in Arizona was robbed the night of the 2025 All-Star Game, and he chose to travel to his native Dominican Republic in the aftermath, missing the Diamondbacks’ first three games after the All-Star break. He apologized for his decision to leave the team following a report that some teammates were unhappy with him.

Advertisement

Marte is batting just .249 this season to go with 21 homers and 67 RBIs. He is in his 10th season with Arizona and finished third in National League MVP voting in 2024 and fourth in 2019.

Marte also was MVP of the 2023 NL Championship Series when Arizona advanced to the World Series, falling to the Texas Rangers.

–Field Level Media

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Bengals WR Ja’Marr Chase teases mystery woman in intimate bathroom snap ahead of 6th NFL season

Published

on

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase shared an intimate selfie via Instagram Story on Tuesday.

In the photo, Chase stood in a master bathroom with an ornate chandelier and a large vanity mirror. He wore a black T-shirt and a gold watch, with his tattoos visible on his arm.

An unidentified woman stood closely behind Ja’Marr Chase and wrapped her arms around his waist and chest. She placed her hands on his midsection while keeping her face hidden behind him.

Source: (Via Instagram/ @lahjay10_)Source: (Via Instagram/ @lahjay10_)
Source: (Via Instagram/ @lahjay10_)

Looking to predict NFL playoff Scenarios? Try our NFL Playoff Predictor for real-time simulations and stay ahead of the game!

Chase shared the photo while listening to “Hashtag 1 Fan” by Babyface Ray.

Advertisement

Chase was previously linked to Deja Nicole Hiott. On June 6, 2025, he shared a romantic photo with Hiott on his Instagram Story.

In the photo, Chase gently kissed Hiott on the cheek while holding her face. Hiott smiled as she held a black handbag.

Chase is now preparing for his sixth season with the Bengals in 2026.

During Bengals training camp Aug. 9, Chase spoke with NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe about the emergence of what has been called “Mean Joe” Burrow.

Advertisement

“I like it when Joe’s like that,” Chase said. “I like it when he is pissed. I like the fire that he has. He don’t always bring it out.”

Chase also talked about Burrow’s more aggressive demeanor.

“I want to say his demeanor is just more aggressive,” Chase said. “His face is more aggressive; the way he talks is more aggressive. He got like a little mean mug on his face. I kinda like when he’s like that.”

On Aug. 1, Ja’Marr Chase showed excitement for the upcominng NFL season.

He posted a series of pictures from the Bengals’ practice field via Instagram and wrote, “Oh, what a time it is.”

The post garnered over 80,000 likes.

Advertisement

Ja’Marr Chase had a great 2025 NFL season. Because of his strong performance, he was selected for the AFC team for the 2026 Pro Bowl Games in February.

This was his fifth Pro Bowl in a row in his first five NFL seasons.

He also made Bengals history. Chase became only the second player in team history to make the Pro Bowl in each of his first five seasons.

The only other Bengals player to do this was former star wide receiver A.J. Green, who made the Pro Bowl every year from 2011 – 2015.

Advertisement

Also Read: Gia Duddy grabs attention at Bengals training camp as influencer watches rumored BF Andrei Iosivas practice