Connect with us

Sports

Grant Kluske pursuing gold for Gold Spirit at Morphettville races

Published

on

Trainer Grant Kluske believes advantages exist in contesting a tougher race with Gold Spirit at Morphettville this Saturday, despite the sprinter’s qualification for milder options.

The progressive four-year-old lines up for start two of the campaign in the $55,000 Sportsbet Same Race Multi BM72 Handicap at 1000 metres on the Parks surface.

Kluske bypassed the post-race 0-62 over 1000m where Gold Spirit qualified, opting for this setup notwithstanding the wide-ish draw from gate nine of 10.

“I decided to go with the higher-class race mainly because the horses in it,” Kluske said.

Advertisement

“He likes it up forward, but I think it’s going to be a bit of a fight up front and will take a sit.

“He doesn’t have to be up there (leading), so I’m more than happy going into it.”

Rather than co-topweight in the lower grade, the Turffontein progeny meets the BM72 at 54kg with 3kg off for jockey Brooke King.

King steered him to a solid fourth on January 31 first-up at Morphettville, going down by little more than one length.

Advertisement

Previously in 0-70 ranks, this BM72 features 68-calibre Been Our Angel, Mintulee and Nextonixs atop the ratings, which Kluske considers not overly deep, aiming to inform subsequent targets.

“This will only be his second start this time in, but he’s got to step up the mark in this one,” Kluske said.

“It’s a benchmark 72, but there’s nothing in it rated 69 (or above), so we’re more than happy.

“He’s a very good horse, very professional in everything he does and I’m feeling really happy with him.”

Advertisement

The racing betting markets offer value for the Sportsbet Same Race Multi BM72 Handicap at racing betting markets.

The post Grant Kluske chasing gold at Morphettville first appeared on Just Horse Racing.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Vinicius Junior: Jose Mourinho’s ‘big mistake’ after ‘disgusting’ incident

Published

on

Trent Alexander-Arnold said the alleged racist abuse of team-mate Vinicius Junior during Real Madrid’s Champions League match at Benfica was a “disgrace to football”, while opposition manager Jose Mourinho was criticised for his comments on the incident.

The match was halted for 10 minutes after Vinicius reported alleged racist abuse by Benfica’s Gianluca Prestianni to referee Francois Letexier, and he and his team-mates temporarily left the field.

The Brazil forward, who has been the victim of numerous incidents of racist abuse during his playing career, said “racists are, above all, cowards” in a post on Instagram.

Benfica manager Mourinho claimed Vinicius did not “celebrate in a respectful way” after his stunning goal in the 1-0 win shortly before the incident at the Estadio da Luz.

Advertisement

The former Real Madrid and Chelsea boss said: “There is something wrong because it happens in every stadium.

“A stadium where Vinicius plays something happens, always.”

Reacting to Mourinho’s comments, former Real Madrid midfielder Clarence Seedorf said on Amazon Prime: “I think he is still emotional. I think he made a big mistake today to justify racial abuse.

“He’s saying it’s OK, when Vinicius provokes you, to be racist – and I think that is very wrong.

Advertisement

“We should never, ever justify racial abuse. Vinicius has had enough of that unjustified behaviour from people. I know Mourinho by heart would agree with me but he expressed himself a bit unfortunately, I believe.”

England international Alexander-Arnold condemned the abuse in his post-match interview.

“I think what has happened tonight is a disgrace to football and overshadowed the performance, as well as an amazing goal,” said Alexander-Arnold.

“Vini has been subject to this a few times throughout his career. To ruin a night like this for our team is a disgrace.

Advertisement

“There is no place for it in football or society. It is disgusting.”

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

“I’m Gonna Be Vulnerable” – Jacy Jayne Breaks Character; Cuts Heartbreaking WWE Promo

Published

on

Jacy Jayne broke character during tonight’s show. She cut a heartbreaking promo in the ring.

Jacy Jayne shocked the world last year when she defeated Stephanie Vaquer to become the NXT Women’s Champion. Although people considered her a beatable champion, she has proven them wrong. Jayne has since had two reigns with the NXT Women’s Championship and proven she will do whatever it takes to win retain the title. Her next challenger is Sol Ruca.

Tonight on WWE NXT, Jacy Jayne cut a heartbreaking promo in the ring. She said that she wanted this match against Sol Ruca since she’s been jealous of the latter because no matter what she does, people always talk about Sol being the bigger star.

Advertisement

“Now I bet you all think I’m gonna come out here and complain about having to defend my NXT Women’s Championship against Sol Ruca next week, but it’s actually the complete opposite. See, I’m looking more forward to this match than quite possibly any match I’ve had throughout my entire career. And I don’t usually do this, but I’m gonna be vulnerable with all of you for once. If I’m being completely honest with myself, I am extremely jealous of Sol Ruca. I know, it’s hard to believe me, Jacy Jayne, being jealous, but it’s the truth. Because no matter what I do or what I’ve been through or how many times I’ve fallen and had to pick myself back up or how week in and week out, I come out here and have amazing match after amazing match. Yes, thank you. You all still look me dead in the face and say that Sol Ruca is a bigger star than me. Wow, imagine that.”

She further added that she won the NXT Title off Stephanie Vaquer who is the current Women’s World Champion, but people still care for Sol Ruca.

“Last year, I held the TNA Knockouts World Championship and the NXT Championship at the same time, holding two brands together. I won this championship off of Stephanie Vaquer, the same woman who is walking into this year’s WrestleMania as the WWE Women’s World Champion.”


Jacy Jayne claimed that she is the most underrated woman in NXT

Right from when Jacy Jayne started in NXT, she was never considered a main character. Nobody expected her to become the NXT Women’s Champion. Therefore, her title win was very shocking. Jacy is aware that she may be one of the most underrated women in WWE.

During the same promo, Jacy Jayne said that Sol Ruca has been shoved in everyone’s faces and she got a title shot because she sacrificed her best friend Zaria. Jacy said she won the title because she is the best woman in NXT and the most underrated woman in WWE.

“Sol Ruca has been shoved not only in my face, but in all of our faces, shoved down our throats all year. And enough is enough. The only reason she even got a shot at this championship is because she sacrificed her best friend. And next week, Sol, you’re not gonna have your best friend by your side, and you’re damn sure not gonna have this NXT Women’s Championship either. You see, I didn’t win this championship by being flashy and being able to flip every five seconds. No, I won this championship because I’m simply the best woman in NXT. And if we’re being completely honest here, I’m the most underrated woman in all of WWE today.”

It remains to be seen if Jacy Jayne will be able to retain her title against Sol Ruca.

Advertisement

If you use the quotes from this article, then link back to the source with an H/T to Sportskeeda Wrestling.