Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Business

Checking in on Former Stock Picks Canadian Pacific, Invesco Solar ETF, Gap

Published

on

Checking in on Former Stock Picks Canadian Pacific, Invesco Solar ETF, Gap
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Business

Bank boss sorry after describing workers as ‘lower value human capital’

Published

on

Bank boss sorry after describing workers as 'lower value human capital'

Discussing how automation was likely to lead to thousands of job cuts at the bank at a recent conference, Bill Winters said it wasn’t about cost cutting but “replacing, in some cases, lower value, human capital, with the financial capital and the investment capital that we’re putting in”.

Continue Reading

Business

Why are unpaid debt court cases rising?

Published

on

Why are unpaid debt court cases rising?

Why are unpaid debt court cases rising?

Continue Reading

Business

Texas Instruments stock hits all-time high at 310.53 USD

Published

on


Texas Instruments stock hits all-time high at 310.53 USD

Continue Reading

Business

IMAX has held ‘preliminary talks’ with potential buyers: Source

Published

on

IMAX has held ‘preliminary talks’ with potential buyers: Source

An Imax private screening for the movie “First Man” at an AMC theater in New York on Oct. 10, 2018.

Lars Niki | Getty Images Entertainment | Getty Images

Shares of premium theater company IMAX jumped after the closing bell Thursday following a report that it’s exploring a sale.

Advertisement

A source familiar with the company told CNBC that it has held “preliminary talks” through intermediaries, but no official pitches have been made by the company.

IMAX’s longtime bankers occasionally test the waters for potential interest, said the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the confidential nature of the discussions.

The Wall Street Journal first reported the potential sale process. The stock was up roughly 10% in extended trading.

CEO Rich Gelfond recently returned to work after taking temporary medical leave to undergo treatment for pneumonia. Gelfond told shareholders back in December that he was open to a potential sale of the company.

Advertisement

He said at the company’s investor day that IMAX is “an incredibly valuable player, either as a wholly differentiated publicly-traded company or as part of a larger company with the keys to unlock even greater value and our strong business worldwide.”

“We’re very excited about all of those possibilities. And we’re going to run our business to maximize value in every possible way,” Gelfond said.

IMAX has become the premiere vendor of premium experiences in the theatrical space. Last year, the company generated a record $1.28 billion at the global box office, a more than 40% increase over 2024 and 13% higher than its previous record set in 2019.

Meanwhile, premium large format, or PLF, screens continue to grow in popularity. In 2025, PLF screens accounted for 16.3% of domestic ticket sold, averaging $16.88 a piece. That’s up from around 14% of tickets sold in 2021 at an average of $15.42 each, according to data from EntTelligence.

Advertisement
Choose CNBC as your preferred source on Google and never miss a moment from the most trusted name in business news.
Continue Reading

Business

Tempus AI: Taking Advantage Of Investor Myopia (NASDAQ:TEM)

Published

on

Tempus AI: Taking Advantage Of Investor Myopia (NASDAQ:TEM)

This article was written by

Bert Hochfeld graduated with a degree in economics from the University of Pennsylvania and received an MBA from Harvard. Mr. Hochfeld has enjoyed a long career in the tech world, working for IBM, Memorex/Telex, Raytheon Data Systems, and BMC Software. Starting in the 1990s, Mr. Hochfeld worked as a sell-side analyst and won awards from the Wall Street Journal for his coverage of the software space. In 2001, Mr. Hochfeld formed his own independent research company, Hochfeld Independent Research Group, which provided research services to major institutions including Fidelity, Columbia Asset, SAC Capital, and many other prominent institutions and hedge funds. He also operated the Hepplewhite Fund, a hedge fund that specialized in technology investments. Hedge Fund Research, an independent 3rd party firm that specializes in ranking managers, rated the Hepplewhite Fund as the best performing small-cap fund for the 5 years ending in 2011. In 2012, Mr. Hochfeld was convicted of misappropriating funds from a hedge fund he operated. Mr. Hochfeld has published more than 500 articles on Seeking Alpha, all dealing with companies in the information technology space. Highly esteemed for his investment wisdom accumulated over decades, Mr. Hochfeld ranks in the top 0.1% of Tip Ranks analysts for his selection of information technology stocks and their subsequent successes.

Analyst’s Disclosure: I/we have a beneficial long position in the shares of TEM either through stock ownership, options, or other derivatives. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it (other than from Seeking Alpha). I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article.

Seeking Alpha’s Disclosure: Past performance is no guarantee of future results. No recommendation or advice is being given as to whether any investment is suitable for a particular investor. Any views or opinions expressed above may not reflect those of Seeking Alpha as a whole. Seeking Alpha is not a licensed securities dealer, broker or US investment adviser or investment bank. Our analysts are third party authors that include both professional investors and individual investors who may not be licensed or certified by any institute or regulatory body.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Business

CPM|Crown expands equipment line for oilseed processors

Published

on

CPM|Crown expands equipment line for oilseed processors

Company adds a line of conveyor systems. 

Continue Reading

Business

Trump to deploy 5,000 troops to Poland post Karol Nawrocki’s election as President

Published

on

Trump to deploy 5,000 troops to Poland post Karol Nawrocki's election as President
Washington DC [US]: US President Donald Trump on Thursday (local time) said that the United States will be sending an additional 5,000 troops to Poland.

Trump expressed his satisfaction at the election of the now President of Poland, Karol Nawrocki.

“Based on the successful Election of the now President of Poland, Karol Nawrocki, who I was proud to Endorse, and our relationship with him, I am pleased to announce that the United States will be sending an additional 5,000 Troops to Poland. Thank you for your attention to this matter! President DONALD J. TRUMP,” he said in a post on Truth Social.

A Polish official and a NATO representative told Politico that they were flabbergasted by the decision as the US did not discuss this ere making the announcement.

Poland’s military was alerted that the Pentagon had decided to cancel a 4,000-troop deployment to the country last week — blindsiding the country and stunning US defence officials.

Advertisement


The Pentagon on Tuesday (local time) announced a reduction in the number of Brigade Combat Teams (BCTs) stationed in Europe, lowering the total from four to three and effectively returning US troop levels on the continent to their 2021 posture.
In a post on X, Assistant to the Secretary of War for Public Affairs and Chief Pentagon Spokesman Sean Parnell released a statement which said, the move followed ” a comprehensive, multilayered process focused on US force posture in Europe.””The Department of War has reduced the total number of Brigade Combat Teams (BCTs) assigned to Europe from four to three. This returns us to the levels of BCTs in Europe in 2021,” the official statement said.

The statement added that the decision has resulted in “a temporary delay of the deployment of US forces to Poland,” while emphasising that Poland remains “a model US ally.”

According to Fox News, the affected formation is the 2nd Armoured Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, which had been scheduled for a routine nine-month NATO rotational deployment to Poland and other eastern flank positions.

Continue Reading

Business

Can Victor Wembanyama Overcome Thunder’s Tough Defense In Game 3?

Published

on

Victor Wembanyama

SAN ANTONIO — Victor Wembanyama and the San Antonio Spurs prepare to host the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game 3 of the 2026 Western Conference Finals on Friday, May 22, with the series tied 1-1 after a split in Oklahoma City.

The Spurs took Game 1 on May 18 by a score of 122-115 in double overtime. Wembanyama recorded 41 points and 24 rebounds in 49 minutes, becoming the youngest player in NBA history to post 40 points and 20 rebounds in a conference finals game. Dylan Harper added 24 points, 11 rebounds, six assists and a playoff-record seven steals for the Spurs.

The Thunder responded in Game 2 on May 20 with a 122-113 victory. Wembanyama finished with 21 points, 17 rebounds, six assists and four blocks in 37 minutes. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander led Oklahoma City with 30 points, while Jalen Williams added 26 points before exiting with left hamstring tightness.

The Thunder employed physical defense against the 7-foot-4 Wembanyama, using Isaiah Hartenstein and other bigs to contest shots and limit second-chance opportunities. Wembanyama still impacted the game with blocks and rebounding despite the defensive attention.

Advertisement

Game 3 shifts to the Frost Bank Center in San Antonio, where the Spurs will look to regain home-court advantage. The series is best-of-seven, with Game 4 scheduled for Sunday, May 24, also in San Antonio.

Wembanyama has averaged strong production in the series. In Game 1, he shot efficiently and dominated the paint. In Game 2, he faced tighter defense but still contributed across the stat sheet.

The Thunder’s defense ranked among the league’s best during the regular season. They utilize length, switching and help defense to disrupt opponents’ offensive sets. Gilgeous-Alexander and Chet Holmgren anchor the unit.

Spurs coach Mitch Johnson noted the challenges of playing without full health in the backcourt. Dylan Harper exited Game 2 with a right hamstring injury after scoring 12 points in 25 minutes. De’Aaron Fox missed both games with a right high ankle sprain.

Advertisement

The Spurs’ supporting cast, including Stephon Castle and veterans, will need to step up in Game 3. Castle has provided scoring and defense in the series.

Oklahoma City enters Game 3 with momentum from the Game 2 win. The Thunder aim to protect their home-court advantage regained in the previous contest. Coach Mark Daigneault has emphasized defensive adjustments and limiting turnovers.

Wembanyama’s presence has forced the Thunder to make schematic changes. In Game 1, his scoring and rebounding created mismatches. The Thunder responded by increasing physicality in Game 2.

Both teams possess young, talented rosters. The Thunder, as the top seed and defending champions, feature Gilgeous-Alexander as an MVP candidate. The Spurs advanced as the No. 2 seed with Wembanyama leading a resurgence.

Advertisement

Game 3 will test Wembanyama’s ability to perform against continued defensive focus. He has shown versatility throughout the playoffs, averaging strong numbers in scoring, rebounding and blocking.

The Western Conference Finals features contrasting styles. The Thunder rely on pace, spacing and defensive versatility. The Spurs emphasize interior dominance and opportunistic playmaking.

Ticket demand for Game 3 in San Antonio is high. The Frost Bank Center is expected to provide a strong home atmosphere for the Spurs.

No major injury updates beyond Harper’s status were available as of May 22. The Spurs will monitor his condition closely. Jalen Williams’ hamstring tightness for the Thunder also remains a factor.

Advertisement

The series has featured competitive, high-scoring games. Game 1 went to double overtime, showcasing the talent on both sides. Game 2 was more controlled but still saw strong individual performances.

NBA analysts track Wembanyama’s growth in his third season. As the reigning Defensive Player of the Year, he has elevated his scoring and playmaking in the postseason.

The winner of the series advances to the NBA Finals against the Eastern Conference champion. Both teams have shown resilience in earlier playoff rounds.

Game 3 tips off at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday. The outcome could shift momentum heading into the weekend games in San Antonio.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Business

Novo Nordisk targets two-thirds cut in drug launch times with AI

Published

on


Novo Nordisk targets two-thirds cut in drug launch times with AI

Continue Reading

Business

Calls for urgent review of EV sales rules imposed on car makers

Published

on

Business Live

“Britain’s carmakers are being asked to carry a burden that is becoming impossible to sustain,” says Liam Byrne MP, who is chair of the House of Commons Business and Trade Committee

(Image: Getty Images)

Carmakers and MPs have urged the Government to bring forward a review of the zero emissions vehicle mandate rules which legally require rising sales from manufacturers.

The Commons Business and Trade Committee and influential industry group the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders have both issued separate calls, with claims that Britain’s carmakers are “being asked to carry a burden that is becoming impossible to sustain”.

Under the current mandate, which was introduced in 2024 before being relaxed last year, car and van makers are set legally binding targets . They must make EVs 80% of the cars they sell by 2030, rising to 100% by 2035.

The rules have been maligned by the industry, but it is now claimed that together with the threat of new EU trade barriers, they present an “existential threat” to the UK sector, which includes brands like Nissan and its 6,000-strong operation in the North East. Last year, high ranking Nissan executive Alan Johnson welcomed the relaxation of the mandate which means hybrids can be sold until 2035.

Advertisement

Liam Byrne, chair of the Business and Trade Committee, which scrutinises Government policy has written to the Department for Business and Trade and Department for Transport. In the letter he said manufacturers had reported they were not seeing demand rise in line with the requirements of the mandate.

Separately he said: “Britain’s carmakers are being asked to carry a burden that is becoming impossible to sustain. Manufacturers are now spending billions discounting electric vehicles to stimulate demand, while British-based firms are effectively paying overseas competitors for compliance credits, including companies benefiting from major state subsidy abroad.

“So I welcome the Secretary of State’s commitment in the House of Commons today to look again at the operation of the ZEV mandate. The transition to electric vehicles is essential. But transitions succeed when they are grounded in commercial reality and backed by a serious industrial strategy. That’s why we need a whole-market review that aligns decarbonisation with competitiveness, protects domestic production, and ensures Britain remains a country that makes cars and not a nation that merely imports them.”

Mike Hawes, chief executive officer of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders, said the market had changed since the mandate was introduced. He explained: “Energy costs were much, much lower than they are now but [since the outbreak of war in Ukraine they] have shot up and they’ve remained higher.

Advertisement

“It was assumed that EVs and ICE vehicles would be at price parity by now. We’re not, and most forecasts suggest that it’s probably going to be about 2030 before we get to cost parity. Battery costs are 31% higher than we thought they would be by now, and obviously, public charging is 140% higher than five years ago.

“With those sorts of obstacles, it’s that much harder to get the entire market to move.”

Figures published last month by the SMMT showed sales of used pure electric cars reached a new high in the first three months of the year. It showed pure electrics took an all time market share of 4.3%, and that came while the the overall used car market was virtually flat in the first quarter, with a 0.2% drop in transactions to 2,016,232.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025