Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Business

LIV Golf seeks to raise up to $350 million from investors

Published

on

LIV Golf seeks to raise up to $350 million from investors

LIV Golf is preparing to take its updated business plan and investor pitch on the road as soon as Thursday, in an effort to raise fresh capital to continue operations past the end of the current season, people familiar with the plans told CNBC.

The upstart golf circuit will be seeking financing in the range of $250 million to $350 million from potential investors, according to the people, who requested anonymity given the confidential nature of the discussions. The capital raise plans are being taken to market by boutique investment bank Ducera Partners, which is advising LIV Golf.

Parts of the proposal seen by CNBC are targeting qualified investors and aim to “fully recapitalize LIV and drive path to profitability.”

The move comes weeks after Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, or PIF, announced it would stop funding LIV’s operations after the 2026 season. PIF Chairman Yasir Al-Rumayyan also stepped down as the chairman of LIV Golf, which he founded alongside former professional golfer Greg Norman back in 2022.

Advertisement

The league said last month that a newly established independent board of directors had been put in place, led by capital markets and restructuring veterans Gene Davis of Pirinate Consulting Group and Jon Zinman of JZ Advisors. 

The new capital raise paves the way for league ownership to be controlled by not only new investors, but the league’s players and LIV management, as well. 

LIV may have a tougher road ahead to fundraise in the wake of PIF pulling its support. Multiple reports over the last several months have pegged PIF’s investment at more than $5 billion through the life cycle of its LIV involvement, which has yet to lead to a profitable golf league operation. 

Since its founding, LIV has garnered splashy headlines with massive contracts that were reportedly awarded to top talent to lure them away from the highly established PGA Tour. That vast spending was in part justified by having the vast resources of one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds backing it. 

Advertisement

Now that the PIF funding is no longer a cornerstone for the future of LIV, questions are being raised about how LIV CEO Scott O’Neil will restructure business operations without billions of dollars in funding. The league has hundreds of millions in player contract obligations and a goal of becoming profitable in the next two years.

Earlier this week, Bloomberg News reported that LIV had begun evaluating bankruptcy as a potential tool for resetting the stage for business operations with an aim of profitability. Bankruptcy filings have been used by other companies as a way to nullify contractual obligations in things like real estate and employment contracts.

The potential for bankruptcy has reportedly led some players within the LIV ranks to explore other avenues to continue their professional playing careers. Still, there are a number of high-profile LIV players who have recently expressed interest in keeping the LIV business operating as a going concern. 

During press availability at last week’s PGA Championship tournament at Aronimink Golf Club outside of Philadelphia, LIV Golfer and Legion XIII team captain Jon Rahm said he had faith in the work LIV was doing and its ability to come up with a good plan for the future. 

Advertisement

Rahm had previously acknowledged some of the news swirling around potential capital raises and restructurings.

“I do believe that for the business plan to change, whatever they’re coming up with, there will need to be some concessions on our part,” said Rahm, one of LIV’s highest-paid athletes, during a press conference at LIV Golf’s Virginia tournament at Trump National Golf Club in Potomac Falls, Virginia.

One of LIV’s biggest value propositions has been the prominent placement of team golf. During the early months after launching the league, insiders had promoted team golf as a potentially massive growth driver for the sport and had used the team aspect in pitches aimed at getting PGA Tour players to move to the newly minted circuit. 

The new funding plans will try to convince potential investors that team-based fandom and seasoned general managers will be key drivers of the business plan in the months ahead. 

Advertisement

LIV’s proposed calendar for next season will target 10 total team events across the world, according to the investor pitch viewed by CNBC, looking to replicate what it achieved with highly attended events in places like South Africa and Australia. The pitch also notes year-over-year growth in sponsorships, partnerships, ticket sales, retail and YouTube viewership.

One thing LIV will not have a problem getting as it kicks off its push for new investors is media attention.  Coverage of the ongoing battle between LIV and the PGA Tour has led to what looks like battle lines being drawn between those fans who are supportive of the long-established PGA Tour, versus those who are vocal supporters of LIV and its format.

Meanwhile, the golf world is also waiting on the next major update from the PGA Tour about its future operations, where more substantive updates are expected from CEO Brian Rolapp around mid- to late-June.

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Business

Gossamer Bio, Inc. 2026 Q1 – Results – Earnings Call Presentation (NASDAQ:GOSS) 2026-05-21

Published

on

OneWater Marine Inc. (ONEW) Q1 2026 Earnings Call Transcript

Q1: 2026-05-15 Earnings Summary

EPS of -$0.20 misses by $0.03

 | Revenue of $16.96M (71.45% Y/Y) beats by $12.28M

This article was written by

Seeking Alpha’s transcripts team is responsible for the development of all of our transcript-related projects. We currently publish thousands of quarterly earnings calls per quarter on our site and are continuing to grow and expand our coverage. The purpose of this profile is to allow us to share with our readers new transcript-related developments. Thanks, SA Transcripts Team

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Business

The Dow Is Up 500 Points. Goldman and Boeing Are Big Gainers.

Published

on

Stocks Little Changed After Fed Decision

The Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 500 points, or nearly 1%, as the heavy-weighted stocks gained.

Goldman Sachs shares were up 3.7%. It holds the biggest of weight in the index, nearly 12%. Caterpillar, which is the next heaviest stock at 10.8%, was up by 1.3%. Nvidia, Boeing, Amazon shares were also gaining.

Continue Reading

Business

Voss Capital affiliates buy Xponential Fitness stock worth $963,887

Published

on


Voss Capital affiliates buy Xponential Fitness stock worth $963,887

Continue Reading

Business

(VIDEO) Olivia Rodrigo Teases New Single ‘The Cure’ as Favorite Song on Upcoming Album

Published

on

Eminem

LOS ANGELES — Olivia Rodrigo announced on May 19, 2026, that her new single “The Cure” will be released on Friday, May 22, describing it as her favorite song on her upcoming third studio album.

The 23-year-old singer shared the news on Instagram alongside promotional cover art for the track. She wrote: “the cure comes out this friday . it’s my favorite song on the album and one of my favorite songs I’ve ever made.”

Rodrigo also confirmed that the song and its music video will premiere at 9 p.m. PT / midnight ET on May 22. The announcement generated immediate excitement among fans, who have been anticipating new music since the release of her previous single “Drop Dead” in April 2026.

Advertisement

The upcoming album is titled you seem pretty sad for a girl so in love, with an expected release date of June 12, 2026, via Geffen Records. “The Cure” follows “Drop Dead” as the second single from the project.

Rodrigo first teased the new era with cryptic promotional campaigns earlier in 2026. The title of the album and details about its themes have sparked widespread discussion among fans and music critics.

The singer has not released additional details about the sound or lyrical content of “The Cure” beyond calling it one of her favorites. She performed on “Saturday Night Live” earlier in May, where she hosted and served as musical guest, further building anticipation for new material.

Rodrigo rose to global fame with her 2021 debut album Sour, which earned multiple Grammy Awards including Best New Artist. Her 2023 follow-up Guts continued her commercial and critical success with hits such as “vampire” and “bad idea right?”.

Advertisement

The new album is expected to continue her signature blend of pop, rock and emo influences while exploring themes of love, heartbreak and personal growth. Fans have speculated about the direction based on teaser visuals and social media activity.

Rodrigo’s team has not released further promotional details as of May 21. The Friday release aligns with standard industry timing for major singles to maximize weekend streaming and chart impact.

The announcement comes as Rodrigo maintains a high public profile. She has collaborated with major brands and appeared at high-profile events while preparing the new project. Her previous singles have consistently debuted at or near the top of global charts.

Music industry observers expect “The Cure” to generate significant streaming numbers upon release. Pre-save links and promotional campaigns are active across major platforms.

Advertisement

Rodrigo has not scheduled additional live performances immediately following the single release, though tour speculation has intensified with the album announcement. Her previous tours were among the highest-grossing in recent years.

The singer continues to work with longtime collaborators on production and creative direction. Specific credits for “The Cure” and the full album have not yet been disclosed.

Fans reacted quickly to the teaser, flooding social media with excitement and theories about the song’s content. The Instagram post accumulated millions of likes and comments within hours of being shared.

No official tracklist or additional singles have been confirmed for the June 12 album release. Industry sources indicate that more music is expected in the coming weeks leading up to the full project.

Advertisement

Rodrigo maintains an active presence on social media, where she connects directly with her global fanbase. Her posts often generate immediate cultural impact and chart movement for new releases.

The upcoming single and album represent a highly anticipated chapter in Rodrigo’s career as she continues to evolve as an artist while maintaining strong commercial performance. Pre-orders and streaming activity are expected to rise significantly in the days leading to the May 22 release.

Continue Reading

Business

Trump will swear in Warsh on Friday to lead U.S. Federal Reserve

Published

on

Trump will swear in Warsh on Friday to lead U.S. Federal Reserve


Trump will swear in Warsh on Friday to lead U.S. Federal Reserve

Continue Reading

Business

Vertiv Holdings Co (VRT) Discusses Strategic Direction, Innovation, and Financial Performance at Investor Conference Transcript

Published

on

OneWater Marine Inc. (ONEW) Q1 2026 Earnings Call Transcript

Lynne Maxeiner
Vice President of Global Treasury & Investor Relations

Hi. Hello, everyone, and welcome to Vertiv’s 2026 Investor Conference. We have a full room here today in Greenville, South Carolina and many more on the webcast. So welcome, everyone.

First, let’s take care of a quick housekeeping item. I would like to point out that during the course of this event, we will make forward-looking statements regarding future events, including the future financial and operating performance of Vertiv. These forward-looking statements are subject to material risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. We refer you to the cautionary language included in today’s presentation, and you can learn more about these risks in our annual and quarterly reports and other filings made with the SEC.

Any forward-looking statements that we make today are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. We undertake no obligation to update these statements as a result of new information or future events.

Advertisement

During our conference, we will also present both GAAP and non-GAAP financial measures. Our GAAP results and GAAP to non-GAAP reconciliations can be found in the investor presentation found on our website at investors.vertiv.com.

So let’s take a quick look at

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Business

Form 13G GSR V Acquisition Corp. For: 21 May

Published

on


Form 13G GSR V Acquisition Corp. For: 21 May

Continue Reading

Business

Canada falling short on defense spending, F-35 review, Pentagon official says

Published

on

Canada falling short on defense spending, F-35 review, Pentagon official says


Canada falling short on defense spending, F-35 review, Pentagon official says

Continue Reading

Business

Apex Legends Down? Users Experience Partial Outage on May 21 2026 Affecting Hundreds of Players

Published

on

FTSE 100 Surges 0.8% Today as Oil Eases and Markets

LOS ANGELES — Apex Legends faced connectivity and login issues for hundreds of players on Thursday, May 21, 2026, according to widespread user reports and outage tracking platforms.

The account @status_is_down posted on X at approximately 2:17 p.m. GMT: “Apex Legends is reportedly down for hundreds of gamers currently. Are you one of them?” The post linked to a community discussion thread on designtaxi.com.

Downdetector and other monitoring sites recorded elevated reports throughout the afternoon, with game launch, server connection and matchmaking issues as the primary complaints. Reports remained moderate compared to major historical outages but affected players across multiple regions.

EA and Respawn Entertainment had not issued an official statement on the incident as of late afternoon May 21. The companies typically post updates on their official social channels and service status pages during service disruptions.

Advertisement

Players reported difficulties logging into the game, joining matches or maintaining stable connections. Issues appeared intermittent rather than a full global shutdown, with some users able to access the game after waiting periods of 10–15 minutes.

This follows a pattern of occasional technical hiccups for the popular battle royale title, which has millions of daily active players across PC, PlayStation and Xbox platforms. Apex Legends Season 23 was active at the time of the outage.

Community reactions on X included frustration from players who had planned gaming sessions after work or school. One user posted: “yup i wanted to play some after work but welp.” Another wrote: “It’s not starting bro.”

Some players reported eventual success after waiting. One comment read: “Yes, I’m in now, but I waited like 15min!” Others expressed disappointment over lost time, with one noting: “what in the fuck. I skipped school for ts.”

Advertisement

Apex Legends, developed by Respawn Entertainment and published by Electronic Arts, launched in 2019 and has maintained a large player base through regular seasonal updates, new legends, maps and battle pass content. The game blends free-to-play mechanics with cosmetic microtransactions.

No specific cause for the May 21 issues was confirmed by EA or Respawn. Common triggers for such outages include server maintenance, unexpected technical glitches, high concurrent player loads or third-party network problems.

The game’s competitive scene, including ALGS (Apex Legends Global Series) events, was not immediately impacted by the player-side outage reports. Official tournament servers often operate on separate infrastructure.

Players experiencing issues were advised by the community to try standard troubleshooting steps: restarting the client, checking internet connections, verifying game files through their platform launcher, or waiting for server-side resolution.

Advertisement

Apex Legends maintains dedicated service status pages through EA and Respawn. As of late afternoon May 21, no widespread outage was officially listed, suggesting the problems were regional or resolving gradually.

The incident highlights the reliance of modern live-service games on stable server infrastructure. With millions of concurrent players during peak hours, even brief disruptions can affect thousands of users worldwide.

EA and Respawn have a history of transparent communication during major outages, often providing estimated resolution times and compensation such as in-game currency or battle pass progress when appropriate. No such offers had been announced for this event.

Fan discussions continued on platforms like Reddit, X and the official Apex Legends forums, with users sharing screenshots of error messages and login queues. The hashtag #ApexLegendsDown trended briefly during the peak of reports.

Advertisement

As of 4 p.m. EDT on May 21, many players reported that connectivity had improved or fully returned. The situation remained fluid, with some users still experiencing intermittent issues.

Apex Legends continues to receive regular content updates, including new seasons, legends, weapons and limited-time modes. Season 23 was ongoing at the time of the reported disruption.

The game’s large player community often rallies during outages by sharing workarounds and updates. Developers encourage reporting technical problems through official support channels for faster resolution.

This partial outage represents a relatively minor and short-lived disruption for the popular title. Services appeared to stabilize throughout the afternoon without requiring extended maintenance.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Business

Mars to bring high-tech to historic UK plant

Published

on

Mars to bring high-tech to historic UK plant

Investment to upgrade Slough facility into next-gen manufacturing site.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025