Connect with us

Sports

Eddie Hearn says Tyson Fury’s latest update on Anthony Joshua fight is ‘absolutely’ untrue

Published

on

The long-running saga surrounding the Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua rolls on as Eddie Hearn has responded to both Fury and Netflix suggesting the fight was set to be announced imminently.

Fury and Joshua both came through warm-up bouts in July to set up their overdue battle, but issues still surround the fight.

Netflix are set to broadcast the event and the team is reportedly extremely keen for it to take place in New York, something that Joshua and promoter Hearn don’t agree with, having signed a contract that insisted it had to be held in the UK.

Advertisement

It appeared that a breakthrough may have been achieved, after the streaming giant aired a promo for the fight announcing it was coming soon, while Fury has also posted a video on social media saying the fight was set to be confirmed ‘imminently’.

Hearn has now hit back at those claims, telling About Boxing that as of yet, there is still no real update on the fight.

“The promo said coming soon I believe, I think that part is true. There’s absolutely nothing imminent at all regarding an announcement unless there’s an announcement without our approval which would not be a good idea.

“To be honest, all I can really tell you is we’ve signed for the fight, they want to change the contract that we signed which we don’t like to do, it’s not something we do as a company. We also understand these guys are our partners and it seems everyone is adamant the fight takes place in New York.

“There is no consideration or willingness to speak to the government, Sadiq Khan, Transport for London, they just want to do this fight in America. Tyson Fury has agreed to do it in America and we haven’t at the moment.

Advertisement

“We’re taking through a road map of what that might look like to change the deal, and if they do all the things that we’ve discussed and agreed in principle, then I think there’s a very good chance the fight does happen in America.

“All this running promos during broadcasts, they’re entitled to do that because we’ve signed a contract, but right now there is absolutely no agreement to change the contract that we signed. That’s it.”

With the bout set to take place in November, some in the boxing world are beginning to worry that talks may collapse once more.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Ryan Garcia addresses Conor Benn weight concerns less than four weeks out from fight night

Published

on

Ryan Garcia and Conor Benn are scheduled to square off next month, and ‘King Ry’ has reacted to news that this will be the Briton’s final bout at welterweight, following a difficult weight cut.

Benn has not fought at 147lbs since a knockout victory over Chris van Heerden back in April 2022, but he was installed as the WBC’s mandatory challenger for the welterweight division earlier this year, after revealing his intentions of returning to the weight.

Reality seems to have hit home for ‘The Destroyer’ during this camp though, as he has already announced that this will be his last contest in the division following a brutal weight cut, regardless of the outcome, signalling that he has outgrown the weight.

Advertisement

In a clip captured by Ring Magazine, Garcia responded to Benn’s announcement and declared that his upcoming opponent is already making excuses ahead of their meeting.

“We know you can’t make weight. This is why Conor Benn said this is his last time at 147lbs. My guy is making excuses before he loses, who says that, ‘this is my last fight at 147’. 

“My guy, you gonna go backwards just to get that a** whooped? Oh my gosh, bro. It’s fine, bro, he is just going to run into it. F**k that dude.”

Garcia-Benn takes place on Saturday, September 12, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, with Zuffa Boxing cruiserweight champion Jai Opetaia poised to take on current WBC cruiserweight titleholder Noel Mikaelian – although he may no longer be champion come fight week.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Singapore’s seniors turn to parkour to boost balance and strength

Published

on

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Bo Nix on training camp fight with Nik Bonitto: “I love it, it’s football”

Published

on

Quarterbacks are usually not involved in training camp fights, but Broncos quarterback Bo Nix was today. And he said afterward that he enjoyed it.

Nix grabbed Broncos pass rusher Nik Bonitto by the leg and pulled him out of a pile, which infuriated Bonitto, who had to be held back by teammates. Prior to that, Nix had been pushed down on a sack — despite the rule that quarterbacks are not to be touched in practice — and got up angry about it, throwing the ball. Other offensive and defensive linemen scuffled, but Nix said afterward that it was all good.

Advertisement

“I love it. It’s football,” Nix said. “It’s getting me ready for the games coming up. It’s a physical practice played by physical people. So it got intense and we were really enjoying it, and sometimes in the dog days of summer, practice gets long and the intensity gets high.”

Advertisement

Nix may have loved it, but Broncos defensive coordinator Vance Joseph acknowledged afterward that his players were wrong to hit Nix, saying, “We don’t want anyone near Bo.”

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Ric Flair reacts to claims of him getting married again and starting a new family at the age of 77

Published

on

Ric Flair has once again become the talk of the town in the world of professional wrestling. For the past few days, a rumor surrounding The Nature Boy has been making the rounds, claiming that he is planning to marry someone and start a new family. Well, the legend himself stepped up online to clear the air about all such fake news around him.

The former WWE star has been linked with several women throughout his life. His most recent marriage was to Wendy Barlow, whom he wed in a closed ceremony in 2018. However, they chose to part ways in 2024, and Ric Flair has been single since then. But over the years, the internet has witnessed rumors of The Nature Boy trying to get married for the sixth time.

Taking to Instagram, Ric Flair called out an online wrestling news page by sharing a screenshot of their news about him. Sarcastically, he asked to meet the new Mrs. Flair if the page is sharing the news with such confidence. Besides, the 77-year-old clearly denied any such rumors, saying he is not marrying anybody at this age.

“Good To Know I’m Still The Breaking News Headline At 77 Years Old! Can Someone Please Introduce Me To The Next Mrs. Flair Because, To My Knowledge, We Haven’t Met Yet! Obviously, I’m Not Starting A New Family. To Be Such A Legend…WTF!” Flair wrote.


Ric Flair shared a heartwarming post with his fans

Ric Flair is a legend of professional wrestling. He has been a 16-time World Champion in WWE in his career. Many consider him to be a trailblazer in making it to the mainstream media from the wrestling industry. Recently, Flair shared a heartwarming message with his fans that expressed his love for wrestling even after all these years.

Taking to X, Ric Flair shared a picture of himself in the ring. It looked like it was a photo taken after a training drill. He called the squared circle his “forever home,” expressing a sense of gratitude for the ring.

“My Forever Home! The Years May Have Passed, But The Ring Still Feels Like Home. A Nostalgic Feeling Like No Other! WOOOOO!” Posted Flair.

Check out the X post HERE.

Advertisement

Flair’s last match in professional wrestling was on 31st July 2022. He teamed up with Andrade to take on Jay Lethal & Jeff Jarrett. Besides, his last WWE match was against Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 24, where he lost his career.