Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

French Open qualifying 2026: Toby Samuel one win from Roland Garros main draw

Published

on

Britain’s Toby Samuel is one win away from a first Grand Slam singles appearance after beating former world number seven David Goffin in French Open qualifying to set up the most lucrative match of his career.

The 23-year-old was ranked outside the world’s top 1,300 12 months ago but has risen to a career-high 159th after winning four titles on the ATP Challenger Tour – the second tier of men’s professional tennis.

On Wednesday, he produced a memorable comeback to beat Goffin 5-7 6-3 6-3 in what was the Belgian veteran’s final appearance at Roland Garros.

Samuel will now face Peru’s Gonzalo Bueno for a place in the French Open main draw.

Advertisement

Samuel has pocketed 57,000 euros (£49,300) by claiming the first two qualifying wins of his career at an overseas Grand Slam – boosting his total career prize money of £118,300 by 42%.

Victory in his final qualifying match is worth an additional 48,000 euros (£41,500), while it would also guarantee minimum earnings of 87,000 euros (£75,200) in the main draw first round.

“First of all, it was an honour to play against David in his last Roland Garros,” Samuel told the crowd on Suzanne Lenglen, the tournament’s second biggest arena.

“You’re an inspiration to all tennis players out there, it was amazing sharing the court with you.

Advertisement

“It was the craziest atmosphere I’ve ever been a part of.”

Samuel missed much of the 2024 season with injury and said it was not until midway through 2025 that he felt healthy again.

He has never contested a match on the ATP Tour but is now one win away from a first appearance on one of the sport’s biggest stages.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Hearts criticise ‘irresponsible’ pitch invasion remarks

Published

on

Hearts have hit out at “highly irresponsible” comments with “dangerous implications” about the Celtic Park pitch invasion, after Celtic boss Martin O’Neill dismissed claims the incident embarrassed Scottish football as “nonsense”.

Police Scotland are investigating after fans spilled on to the pitch to celebrate Callum Osmand’s 98th-minute goal, as Celtic beat Hearts 3-1 to win the Scottish Premiership.

Hearts players were confronted by some fans, and Celtic apologised to their opponents earlier this week after they were forced to make a quick exit from the stadium.

Celtic manager O’Neill said on Monday he disagreed that the events marred his side’s dramatic victory.

Advertisement

“We are aware of highly irresponsible comments made publicly this week, which appear to seek to defend those who entered the pitch on Saturday and undermine the gravity of the situation,” Hearts said in a statement. , external

“Those remarks carry dangerous implications, and we call upon the football authorities to ensure that this matter is addressed with the seriousness it demands, and with the full cooperation of all involved.”

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Vikings Drop Young WR after 3 Weeks

Published

on

Advertisement

Maryland WR Shaleak Knotts in 2025
Aug 30, 2025; College Park, Maryland, USA; Maryland Terrapins wide receiver Shaleak Knotts (4) celebrates after scoring a touchdown during the first half against the Florida Atlantic Owls at SECU Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Daniel Kucin Jr.-Imagn Images.

Right after the 2026 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings signed about 20 undrafted free agents, a standard process for most NFL teams. But three weeks later, Minnesota is already saying goodbye to one rookie: Maryland wide receiver Shaleak Knotts.

Minnesota is shuffling the bottom of its wide receiver depth chart.

Knotts may be an option for a roster spot down the road, yet with organized team activities a week away, he’s not in the purple plans for 2026.

Advertisement

Terrill Davis Gets the Summer Audition, Not Knotts

Davis seems to have taken Knotts’s spot.

Maryland wide receiver Shaleak Knotts runs with the football against Nebraska at Memorial Stadium.
Maryland Terrapins wide receiver Shaleak Knotts (4) runs after the catch during the second quarter against the Nebraska Cornhuskers at Memorial Stadium on Nov. 11, 2023, in Lincoln. Knotts worked underneath coverage and attempted to create extra yardage as Maryland’s offense battled Nebraska during a physical Big Ten matchup late in the regular season schedule. Mandatory Credit: Dylan Widger-USA TODAY Sports.

Knotts Out in MIN

It was a short stay for Knotts in the Twin Cities. NBC Sports‘ Josh Alper wrote Tuesday, “The Vikings opened up a spot on their 90-man roster on Tuesday. The team announced that they have waived wide receiver Shaleak Knotts and they did not make a corresponding addition to fill out their active roster.”

“Knotts signed with the Vikings after going undrafted last month. He appeared in 43 games for Maryland over the last four seasons and caught 67 passes for 963 yards and seven touchdowns while playing for the Terrapins.”

Advertisement

Had the rookie remained on the Vikings’ roster, he likely would’ve battled for a practice squad spot this summer.

The Revised WR Unit

Have no fear: the Vikings do not have a shortage of summer wide receivers after the Knotts subtraction. They’ll be just fine.

Sans Knotts, here’s the updated WR corps for Kevin O’Connell’s team:

Advertisement

WR1: Justin Jefferson
WR2: Jordan Addison
WR3: Jauan Jennings
WR4: Tai Felton
WR5: Myles Price
WR6: Jeshaun Jones
WR7: Dontae Fleming
WR8: Joaquin Davis
WR9: Dillon Bell
WR10: Luke Wysong
WR11: Marcus Sanders
WR12: Terrill Davis

By late August, that group will shrink to five or six men, and Knotts faced an uphill battle to make a dent in the first place.

The Biography on Knotts

Knotts projects as a classic undrafted prospect with one clear strength: vertical production. The Maryland wide receiver waited his turn in college, then busted out in 2025 with 44 catches for 717 yards and 6 touchdowns, leading the Terrapins in both receiving yards and touchdown receptions. His 16.3 yards per reception underscored his ability to stretch the field, win downfield, and create big plays.

Advertisement
Maryland receiver Shaleak Knotts blocks Nebraska defensive back Andrew Marshall during a rushing play at SECU Stadium.
Maryland Terrapins wide receiver Shaleak Knotts (4) blocks Nebraska defensive back Andrew Marshall (10) during the first half at SECU Stadium on Oct. 11, 2025, in College Park. Knotts helped spring running back Nolan Ray on a rushing attempt as Maryland leaned on its perimeter blocking and ground game against the Cornhuskers in Big Ten action. Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-Imagn Images.

At 6’3″ and 194 pounds, Knotts possesses ideal outside-receiver size. His background as a former four-star recruit, coupled with his multi-sport high school career (basketball and track), highlights his impressive body control and ball-tracking skills.

The primary concern lies in his lack of polish. Knotts didn’t fully emerge until his final college season, suggesting the Vikings were banking on his raw talent, late development, and potential in a specific role, rather than a lengthy track record of dominance. He profiled as a practice squad candidate who could make an impact by excelling on deep routes, contested catches, and special teams.

Now, of course, Knotts will hope another team gives him a summer audition.

Davis in His Spot

Most believe that because Minnesota signed Davis a few days ago, he swiped Knotts’s spot. Davis embodies the classic developmental wide receiver prospect for the Vikings: productive, athletic enough, but likely a project requiring more time than fans might prefer.

Advertisement
Oklahoma State wide receiver Terrill Davis runs with the football during a game at Boone Pickens Stadium.
Oklahoma State Cowboys wide receiver Terrill Davis (2) carries the football during the first half at Boone Pickens Stadium on Sep. 27, 2025, in Stillwater. Davis showcased his versatility and open-field ability as Oklahoma State incorporated the receiver into offensive packages designed to create explosive plays against opposing defenders during conference action at home. Mandatory Credit: William Purnell-Imagn Images.

He began his collegiate career by dominating Division II defenses at Central Oklahoma, where he amassed 109 catches, 1,609 yards, and 15 touchdowns. Upon moving to the Big 12 with Oklahoma State, he continued to contribute, catching 29 passes for 373 yards and demonstrating his ability to adapt to a higher level of competition.

Davis’s appeal is clear: he possesses sufficient speed to threaten defenses vertically, strong hands for difficult downfield throws, and the leaping ability to win contested catches. While these traits are often praised in film reviews, a recurring concern is occasional drops on easier targets.

Standing 5-foot-11 and 195 pounds with a reported 4.65 forty-yard dash, Davis definitely isn’t a burner, but he clearly has enough functional speed and juice to be a factor.

Davis, like Knotts, projects more as a practice squad candidate with legitimate upside than someone slated for immediate offensive snaps.

It’s also worth noting that Minnesota’s roster could be ripe for an upstart UDFA to emerge at wide receiver. The current WR5, Myles Price, is a kick and punt returner and was hardly used on offense as a rookie last year. That could bode well for Davis or one of his undrafted peers.

Advertisement

The next step in the Vikings’ offseason is organized team activities (OTAs), which kick off in six days.


avatar
Dustin Baker is a novelist and political scientist. His second novel, The Invaders , is out now. So is … More about Dustin Baker

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Why this former LIV pro ditched a playoff at U.S. Open qualifying

Published

on

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Wrexham A.F.C. Congratulate Arthur Okonkwo on First Super Eagles Call-Up

Published

on

English Championship club Wrexham A.F.C. have sent warm congratulations to their goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo after reports of his invitation to join Nigeria’s senior national team, the Super Eagles, for the upcoming Unity Cup.

Hours ago, the NFF released the squad list, but Wrexham had already acknowledged the news on Tuesday, celebrating what is expected to be the 23-year-old goalkeeper’s first senior international call-up.

“Congratulations to Arthur Okonkwo on receiving his first call up to the Nigeria squad ahead of the Unity Cup,” the club wrote on its official social media platforms.

  • Super EaglesSuper Eagles

Advertisement
Arthur Okonkwo cleared to represent Nigeria ahead of Unity CupArthur Okonkwo cleared to represent Nigeria ahead of Unity CupArthur Okonkwo cleared to represent Nigeria ahead of Unity CupArthur Okonkwo cleared to represent Nigeria ahead of Unity Cup
Arthur Okonkwo cleared to represent Nigeria ahead of Unity Cup

Okonkwo, who has impressed for Wrexham this season with consistent performances between the posts, is now expected to be part of the Super Eagles team for the Unity Cup, which will be staged in London later this month.

The tournament is seen as an important opportunity for Nigeria to test a blend of home-based and overseas players as preparations continue for future competitions. Okonkwo’s inclusion is regarded as a major step forward in his growing career.

Fans of Wrexham and Nigerian football supporters will be watching closely as the young goalkeeper looks to make an impact on the international stage during the London-based competition.

Advertisement

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Enzo Amore spotted at WWE Performance Center

Published

on

Enzo Amore has been the talk of the town as WWE reportedly was in contact with the former Cruiserweight Champion. According to a new report, Amore was recently at the Performance Center ahead of NXT.

Enzo Amore and Big Cass became a household name in the industry with their work on the black-and-gold brand under Triple H’s creative leadership. The tag team received their main roster call-up in 2016, but both stars were done with the promotion in the coming years.

While Amore was fired in January 2018, Cass was released in June. The two have reunited as a tag team on the independent circuit, but the Stamford-based promotion might have an interest in Amore. Recently, a report suggested that the company was in contact with the two-time Cruiserweight Champion during WrestleMania week.

Advertisement

According to False Finish, the 39-year-old star has been at the Performance Center before the recent edition of NXT. Another rumor suggested that the company is looking to improve its tag team division, and being in touch with Enzo Amore might lead to the return of Big Cass as well if the plan is to work on the tag team division.

The two were over as an act in WWE under the old regime, but never a tag team championship in the division. It’ll be interesting to see what’s next for Enzo Amore.


Enzo Amore recalls scrapped romantic storyline with major WWE star

In 2017, Enzo Amore was in his second reign as the Cruiserweight Champion and often appeared on WWE RAW. During his reign, Amore was involved in a storyline with Nia Jax, and the two were often seen in backstage segments. However, it was abruptly canceled when the star was under investigation, which forced the company to fire him.

In an appearance on The John Rondi Show, Amore claimed that the storyline was eventually going to become a love triangle as Alexa Bliss was supposed to be his on-screen girlfriend. The said segment was planned for WWE RAW’s 25th anniversary, but Amore was suspended and eventually fired from the company.

Advertisement

Enzo Amore was going to create a rift between Bliss and Jax, but the company pivoted and took the feud in another direction at WrestleMania 34. Meanwhile, Amore relinquished the title, and a new Cruiserweight Champion was crowned at the same event.