Connect with us

Sports

India vs Netherlands Live Score, FIH Men's Hockey World Cup 2026 Live Updates: Match Set To Begin, Check Starting XIs

Published

on


India vs Netherlands LIVE Score, FIH Men’s Hockey World Cup 2026 Pool E LIVE Updates: India face a must-win situation as they take on co-hosts and reigning Olympic champions Netherlands in the World Cup second round opener

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

‘Don’t be desperate for wickets’: Gautam Gambhir’s message to Kuldeep Yadav

Published

on

NEW DELHI: Team India head coach Gautam Gambhir has backed Kuldeep Yadav after the left-arm wrist spinner had a quiet first Test against Sri Lanka in Galle. Kuldeep managed just one wicket across the two innings, bowling 25 overs in the match. He struggled to find his usual rhythm and control, while Manav Suthar and Ravindra Jadeja did most of the damage to the Sri Lankan batting line-up.

But ahead of the second and final Test in Colombo, beginning on Sunday, Gambhir had a clear message for the spinner.

“Bowl your best spell, don’t be desperate for wickets,” Gambhir said.

‘Best bowling attack that can get us 20 wickets’

India returned to winning ways in the World Test Championship after a 165-run victory over Sri Lanka in the first Test at the Galle International Stadium on Wednesday.

Advertisement

Four days after that win, the visitors will be back in action in Colombo for the second and final Test. India will be pleased with most aspects of their performance in Galle, but Kuldeep’s form remains one of the major talking points.

Gambhir did not fully reveal whether India would stick to their winning combination for the Colombo Test. However, he made it clear that the team’s priority would be to field a bowling attack capable of taking 20 wickets.

“We will try to field the best bowling attack that can get us 20 wickets,” Gambhir said.

Kuldeep’s quiet outing in Galle has put the spotlight on his place in the playing XI. The left-arm wrist spinner dismissed Kamindu Mendis during his opening spell in the first innings but could not make much of an impact after that.

Advertisement

He bowled 25 overs in the match and finished with just one wicket.

Advertisement

‘It’s captain’s decision’

Kuldeep did not bowl much in the first Test, especially when the other Indian bowlers were making regular breakthroughs.

Asked if Kuldeep was under-bowled, Gambhir said it was a decision for captain Shubman Gill based on what he felt was right during the match.

Advertisement

“It’s captain’s decision depending on what he feels right during a period,” Gambhir said.

With Manav Suthar and Ravindra Jadeja bowling well, Kuldeep had to wait for his opportunities. When he was brought into the attack, he struggled to find his usual lines and lengths.

However, India may still continue with Kuldeep because of his experience and quality. The team management will now have to decide whether to give him another chance or bring in someone like Indore off-spinner Saransh Jain.

Saransh has a good First-Class record, having taken 188 wickets in 54 matches for Madhya Pradesh. But Kuldeep remains one of India’s most experienced and skilled spinners.

Advertisement

133424760

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Maradona’s ‘Hand of God’ ball in match against England goes for auction

Published

on

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Christopher Nkunku set to return to RB Leipzig

Published

on

Christopher Nkunku has signalled his desire to return to RB Leipzig after a season with AC Milan, according to Sky Germany. RB Leipzig and Milan are discussing a possible loan move with an option to buy, according to the report. Nkunku previously played for Leipzig from 2019 to 2023 after joining from PSG. He was the Bundesliga top scorer in the 2022/23 season with 16 goals before moving to the English Premier League to join Chelsea for €60m. His time in west London was far from ideal as Nkunku was plagued by injuries and failed to replicate the form that saw him become one of the sought-after attackers in Europe. Nkunku’s contract with Milan, where he made 32 league appearances last season, scoring seven goals and assisting three, lasts until 2030. The two clubs are discussing the move, and reports suggest that the 28-year-old French player is set for a return to the Bundesliga, where he will hope to revive his best form having scored 70 and created a further 56 in 172 appearances during his first stint.GGFN | Brook Genene

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Dodgers Could Face Major Shohei Ohtani Problem If Mark Walter Sells Team

Published

on

There’s almost too much happening in baseball right now between MLB divisional races heating up, an impending lockout looming and Los Angeles Dodgers owner Mark Walter facing financial hardship.

Unless you live underneath a rock, you’ve probably heard that billionaire sports owner Mark Walter is facing a major federal investigation into billions in undisclosed loans tied to his insurance companies. He liquidated his ownership stake in the Los Angeles Lakers, selling them for $12.5 billion. Even though the Dodgers aren’t for sale, their sweeter-than-cream television deal that allows them to lead MLB in payroll is under a fine tooth comb.

If Walter is forced to sell the Dodgers, it is unlikely to cost them Ohtani, but the international superstar would hold all of the leverage in that situation.

Ohtani’s contract has a unique “key man” opt-out clause, allowing him to become a free agent if controlling owner Mark Walter or president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman departs the organization. Obviously, if Walter is forced to sell, Ohtani would be able to exercise this clause and get out of his $700 million deal. Even though ESPN reported that Ohtani is considered unlikely to ever exercise that clause, it’s worth mentioning that it was ever inserted into the contract in the first place.

Advertisement

Professional sports franchises get bought and sold all the time. Executives get hired, fired and depart organizations every season. So, why did the Dodgers add this key man opt-out clause to Ohtani’s contract? Were they covering themselves in case they wouldn’t be able to afford his $700 million deal, especially if Walter had to liquidate assets elsewhere?

It’s important to remember that Walter isn’t facing any charges in this situation. He also hasn’t expressed interest in selling the Dodgers.

But the sale of the Lakers moved really quickly. And there’s no denying that losing Ohtani would be a devastating blow for Los Angeles.

Regardless of what happens with Walter’s business affairs, the Dodgers are going to come into focus over the next few months. Even though they’ve struggled to stack wins over the recent weeks, they have the most loaded roster in MLB that just added two-time Cy Young winner Tarik Skubal at the deadline.

Advertisement

Ahead of an expected work stoppage to implement salary caps and floors, the Dodgers are eying for their third-straight World Series victory. Financial oddities aside, Los Angeles has a significantly higher payroll than the other 29 teams in baseball. That’s something that’s going to be addressed before next season, and it could be the reason why the start of baseball is delayed next spring.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Berry backs Apocalyptic to shine in 2026 Toy Show Quality

Published

on

Much like Ninja’s impactful victory in the Missile Stakes a fortnight ago, Apocalyptic is poised to make a similar statement as she commences her campaign in the Toy Show Quality at Randwick.

Having previously dominated the Princess Series as a three-year-old filly in the spring, Apocalyptic’s performance dipped in two autumn starts, prompting trainer Michael Freedman to curtail her preparation.

Her seasonal reappearance is scheduled for Saturday, and veteran jockey Tommy Berry is confident that all signs indicate Apocalyptic is set to recapture the form she demonstrated 12 months prior.

“She’s had a really good break, very similar to Ninja,” Berry commented. “Michael has decided to treat her more like a sprinter this preparation and you can tell. She’s been trialling sharply, and her work has been very sharp.”

Advertisement

“The only thing I didn’t really want was to draw in with her because she does like a bit of room, and she has drawn perfect in six. There won’t be any excuses Saturday. She’s in great order.”

With two scratchings reducing the field, the Toy Show Quality (1100m) now consists of seven runners. Nonetheless, it shapes up to be a demanding contest, featuring the reappearance of Surround Stakes placegetter Savvy Hallie, alongside Prima Bella and Gatwick who possess the advantage of recent race fitness.

The transition to racing as a mare presents a challenge for both Apocalyptic and Savvy Hallie, a point Berry acknowledges.

“They’re up against the older horses now so there’s nowhere to hide,” he stated. “She’s got to step up and show she is up to some of the better races. The world is her oyster. We know what we’ve got at home with her, but you like to see them come back and tick that first box, a bit like Ninja did against the older horses.”

Advertisement

Berry will also partner the Chris Waller-trained Fangirl in the Winx Stakes (1400m), reuniting with the esteemed mare for the first time since the 2022 Epsom Handicap. Hong Kong-based rider Hugh Bowman had been earmarked for the ride but was unable to meet her weight requirements and will instead guide stablemate Lindermann.

Fangirl has been a consistent performer in major carnivals over several seasons and retains fitness from a two-start winter campaign in Brisbane. Berry expressed no surprise at her continued presence at the elite level as an eight-year-old.

“That’s Chris Waller. He can get long preparations out of them, and he can get longevity out of them, especially his fillies and mares,” Berry remarked. “Via Sistina, he did a great job with her. He won a Melbourne Cup with Verry Elleegant. It’s one of his biggest strengths, so it’s no surprise to see her doing the same.”

Berry’s extensive book of rides at Randwick includes eight of the ten races, four for Waller, featuring the favourite Campione D’italia in the Show County Quality (1200m). Explore Australian betting sites for the day’s racing.

Advertisement

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Who will start at quarterback for Colts in preseason game v. Falcons?

Published

on

Who will start at quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts in the team’s Week 2 preseason matchup with the Atlanta Falcons?

Early in the week, Shane Steichen announced that the Colts starters wouldn’t be playing in this game, paving the way for Riley Leonard to get the start.

Advertisement

As Leonard competes with Anthony Richardson for the backup quarterback role, the two have alternated starting opportunities in the preseason up to this point. With Richardson getting the start against New England, it is now Leonard’s turn.

Advertisement

Richardson will then take over in the second half, just as Leonard did a week ago.

From the outside looking in, it’s difficult to decipher who has the upper hand in this battle. As Steichen said on Thursday, both quarterbacks have flashed, but each has had thier ups and downs as well.

“I thought they both had a good camp,” Steichen said, via The Indy Star’s Nathan Brown.

Advertisement

Advertisement

As of now, Steichen didn’t put a timetable on when he plans on making a decision.

This competition may be close, but perhaps there’s a little more extra pressure on Leonard this week, with Richardson having the better performance in Week 1.

This article originally appeared on Colts Wire: Who will start at quarterback for Colts in preseason game v. Falcons?

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Idle Flyer faces tough test in 2026 Winx Stakes

Published

on

Trainer Matthew Smith is eager to see how Idle Flyer measures up against some of the country’s best horses as she launches her spring campaign in the Winx Stakes at Randwick, with the Cox Plate identified as a potential goal.

After a commanding victory in the Group 1 Queen Of The Turf Stakes (1600m) during the autumn, Idle Flyer is set for her most challenging encounter yet, facing rivals including Autumn Glow, Aeliana, Sheza Alibi, and Ceolwulf on Saturday.

Smith acknowledges that an upset might be unlikely but hopes Idle Flyer can compete effectively and build a solid foundation for her season.

“She’s not going to beat those horses in a 1400 metre race, so it’s really a starting point for her,” Smith stated. “She’ll just get better and better into her preparation once she gets to a mile and beyond. But I’m really keen to see where she fits in. She’s had a trouble-free ‘prep’ leading into the run. Her fitness is good, and she handles a wet track, so she’ll run really well.”

Advertisement

Idle Flyer, a five-year-old mare with a relatively light racing load, has accumulated eight wins from 15 starts and has shown continuous improvement over her preparations.

She successfully transitioned to black-type racing a year ago by winning the Group 3 Angst Stakes (1600m), and further enhanced her credentials in the autumn by winning the Group 2 Emancipation Stakes (1500m) before capturing her first Group 1 success.

Smith believes her best performances are still in the future, and her planned third-up appearance in the 7 Stakes (1600m) at Randwick on September 19 will be a critical factor in determining the rest of her spring schedule.

“That will be a fork in the road for us. We’ll either go to the Cox Plate or back the other way,” Smith commented. “We don’t know where the ceiling is. That Queen Of The Turf win was really good. That’s the first time we’ve really stepped her out to a proper race, and she was great, so fingers crossed she can keep going.”

Advertisement

Idle Flyer will represent one half of Smith’s stakes runners at Randwick, with Prima Bella also competing in the Toy Show Quality (1100m).

Prima Bella is aiming for a third consecutive win. While the Group 3 race on Saturday is a significant step up in competition, she is currently the third favourite in the early markets at $4.80, behind the leading chances Apocalyptic ($2.25 fav) and Savvy Hallie ($3.80).

“I thought, if she won the other day you’ve got to have a crack at a mares’ race,” Smith said. “It might be too tough for her, but she’s going well. She’s race fit. She’s ready, and she’ll roll forward. If she can run top four, I’ll be delighted.”

The Winx Stakes presents a fascinating contest for Idle Flyer, with punters keen to assess the racing odds.

Advertisement

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Antonio Tarver picks his Rolly Romero vs Teofimo Lopez winner: “He has the attributes to beat him”

Published

on

Former undisputed champion Antonio Tarver has considered the keys to victory, while also offering a prediction, for both Teofimo Lopez and Rolando ‘Rolly’ Romero.

The pair will collide at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena in the early hours of tomorrow morning, with Romero making a first defence of his WBA world title.

He was upgraded to full welterweight champion last year, having claimed the ‘regular’ belt by dropping and unanimously outpointing Ryan Garcia in May 2025.

Advertisement

After that, Rolly had been in talks with Devin Haney and Conor Benn, only to incur over a year of inactivity and agree to face Lopez instead.

Entering their showdown as a slight favourite, ‘The Takeover’ has moved up to 147lbs and is bidding to become a three-weight world champion.

Unlike Romero, though, Lopez is coming off a surprisingly one-sided points defeat to Shakur Stevenson, who dethroned him for the WBO super-lightweight title in January.

It is therefore difficult to predict which version of the 29-year-old will turn up, yet Hall of Famer Tarver has nonetheless told Fight Hub TV that he is backing Lopez.

Advertisement

“[it will be] high volume if Teo looks to win this thing impressively. He’s going to have to let his hands go, and Rolly’s going to have to try and catch him in the mix of all that.

“I don’t think Rolly can outbox Teo round after round; I think Rolly has to do something big – hurt him with something, knock him down and maybe even stop him.

“Smart money [is on Lopez]. It’s difficult to have your way with [Romero]; you have to be somewhat of a real, elite fighter. We still believe Teo, at his best, has those types of attributes.”

Many would agree that a points decision is Lopez’ clearest route to victory, while Romero may need to make use of his power and engineer an inside-the-distance finish.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Signature Scent set for 2024 Carlyon Stakes tilt

Published

on

A 1000m dash at Stakes level has been on the radar for Signature Scent for some time, according to the Ciaron Maher stable.

Despite failing to place in a recent three-year-old event, the stable sees no reason to hesitate in entering the mare in the Group 3 Carlyon Stakes (1000m) at Sandown on Saturday.

A winner on four occasions from eleven starts, the stable considers Saturday’s race as the ideal juncture to test the mare at Stakes level once more.

Jack Turnbull, National Assistant Trainer for Ciaron Maher Racing, pointed out several factors that favour the mare on Saturday.

Advertisement

“The trip is a big plus and she likes soft ground,” Turnbull said. “And she’s had four weeks in between runs this time. We thought she didn’t run to her best last start because we ran her back a bit quick. She was physically fine, but she was first-up off a 10-week let-up and went back (to the races) after two weeks which is a hard thing to do. It’s a bit of a reprieve, four weeks into this. She’s not in great at the weights, but her quality gives her the chance to be competitive.”

Signature Scent was initially purchased for $200,000 at the Australian Easter Yearling Sale, with Yulong subsequently acquiring her for $1 million at the Inglis Ready2Race Sale in 2024.

The mare has a considerable way to go to recoup her purchase price, but a victory on Saturday would be a welcome start.

“Black Type is essential for her,” Turnbull commented. “She’s got a good page, she is Black Type placed, but if she was to be a winner, it would be immense.”

Advertisement

Turnbull indicated that it’s unlikely Signature Scent would race again in two weeks if she performs well on Saturday in the Group 1 Moir Stakes (1000m) at Sandown.

“Especially off the two-week turnaround,” Turnbull stated. “There is the Wylie Handicap in Adelaide on September 12, so if she was to run well, that could be a race we could look at.”

Signature Scent has a prior win at Morphettville and earned a placing in the Listed Redelva Stakes in April.

Ahead of the Carlyon Stakes, the focus is on the racing betting markets available at betting sites.

Advertisement

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

How should you spend $500 on gear? Our experts weigh in

Published

on

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025