Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

Joe Burrow says Bengals can contend after offseason roster overhaul

Published

on

Shortly after the Bengals were eliminated from last year’s playoffs, Joe Burrow made his displeasure known in no uncertain terms.

“We don’t want to be in the spot we are in now, so something’s got to change,” Burrow said Dec. 31. “Whether it’s players we have continuing to improve and get better and play championship-caliber football or bringing in guys that will or whatever it may be. Obviously, something has to [change].”

Speaking Wednesday amid voluntary workouts, Burrow struck a much different tone.

“We have everything we need in that locker room,” he said. “We just gotta go and make it happen.”

Advertisement

The three-time Pro Bowler noted the additions of “the best free-agent safety,” “the best [defensive] tackle in the league, in my opinion,” and “a lot of depth, now, on the defensive line” as reasons for that feeling, alluding to Bryan Cook, Dexter Lawrence and a bevy of other defensive line additions, respectively.

“I think this is the most talented roster that we’ve had since I’ve been here,” Burrow said.

It was an unusually active — and bold — offseason for Cincinnati, and the Lawrence acquisition was the headliner. The Bengals sent the No. 10 pick in the 2026 NFL Draft to the Giants for Lawrence, a uniquely disruptive defensive tackle who.

It was a steep price for a player who turns 29 in November and is coming off a down season, but Burrow appreciated the Bengals’ approach.

Advertisement

“I was fired up, obviously,” Burrow said. “Tough to find a guy at pick number 10 that’s gonna have more of an impact than Dexter will, so it’s exciting that we made that happen.

The Giants selected offensive tackle Francis Mauigoa at No. 10.

Burrow also said it’s “fair to say” all of the additions add a sense of urgency, especially given the team’s three-year playoff drought. In addition to Cook and Lawrence, the Bengals signed EDGE Boye Mafe and defensive lineman Jonathan Allen and drafted EDGE Cashius Howell at No. 41 overall.

It’s all a massive effort to improve a defense that simply hasn’t held its own. Over the past three years, the Bengals have lost seven games in which they’ve scored 30 or more points. That’s the most in the NFL by far; no other team has more than four such losses.

Advertisement

Burrow played in just eight games last year due to turf toe. The Bengals went 5-3 in the games in which he played and 1-8 in the games he did not play.

But he once again has high hopes for a healthier and more productive 2026, heading a potent offense that includes Ja’Marr ChaseTee HigginsChase Brown, and all five offensive line starters returning. When asked if he had any statistical achievements in mind, he mentioned the Bengals’ all-time passing touchdowns record. When informed he was 48 away — a number that hasn’t been touched since Aaron Rodgers in 2020 — from passing Andy Dalton’s mark, Burrow had a one-word answer.

“Doable.”

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Myles Garrett goes shirtless as GF Chloe Kim poses in two-piece swimsuit set during beach date

Published

on

Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett and his girlfriend, Chloe Kim, posed for an intimate moment in the backdrop of the ocean.

On Wednesday, Kim posted an Instagram story, where she wore a red two-piece swimsuit, while facing Garrett, who was shirtless and wearing dark swim trunks. They held hands and looked at each other. The couple looked seemingly head over heels in love.

Kim tagged Garrett and inserted a red heart emoji (❤️).

Source: (Via Instagram/ @ChloeKim)Source: (Via Instagram/ @ChloeKim)
Source: (Via Instagram/ @ChloeKim)

Looking to predict NFL playoff Scenarios? Try our NFL Playoff Predictor for real-time simulations and stay ahead of the game!

On Sunday, Kim posted a picture on Instagram story, where she was headed for a hiking date with Garett in the wilderness.

Advertisement

In the top, the three-time Olympic medalist used two animated stickers from Studio Ghibli’s My Neighbor Totoro. One was the blue Totoro carrying a cloth sack, and the other was the white Totoro walking right next to it.

Source: (Via Instagram/ @ChloeKim)Source: (Via Instagram/ @ChloeKim)
Source: (Via Instagram/ @ChloeKim)

The Cleveland Browns kicked off their voluntary Organized Team Activities (OTAs) on May 19. However, Myles Garrett was not expected to attend for the second straight year.

According to Mary Kay Cabot’s report on Monday via Cleveland.com, the team is not concerned over Garrett’s absence from voluntary OTAs.

Team owner Jimmy Haslam said he expects Garrett to “come in here and break the sack record” all over again.

Meanwhile, Browns offensive coordinator Todd Monken downplayed Garrett’s absence. He noted that the two have only communicated through text messages so far this offseason.

Advertisement

“This is voluntary. We are making a big deal out of this. We really are,” Monken said. “It is voluntary. We have other guys besides Myles that aren’t here. I wish they were here. They’ll be ready. We expect them to be ready and we’ll be fired up when they’re here.”

Last season, Garrett won the second NFL Defensive Player of the Year award. He set a single-season franchise sack record with 23.0 sacks.

Chloe Kim and Myles Garrett went public with their relationship when the snowboarder showed up at the sidelines and shared a kiss with the Browns star before the team’s game against the Las Vegas Raiders on Nov. 23.

Also Read: PICS: Myles Garrett’s GF Chloe Kim gets publicly flirty with Browns DE after slipping into crimson-red corset dress for Michael Jackson movie premiere


Myles Garrett witnessed GF Chloe Kim at 2026 Winter Olympics

After winning the unanimous NFL Defensive Player of the Year on Feb. 5, Myles Garrett flew to Italy to cheer for girlfriend, Chloe Kim, during the 2026 Winter Olympics in Milan-Cortina.

Advertisement

Despite Kim suffering a dislocated shoulder and a torn labrum in January, she gave her best during the qualification rounds on Feb. 11. She pulled off an inverted backside 720 and a cab 1080 stalefish and scored a 90.25 to top the qualifiers.

During the finals on Feb. 12, Kim was narrowly edged out for the gold by her 17-year-old South Korean mentee, Gaon Choi, who put down a 90.25.

Kim had one final chance to reclaim the top spot but fell on a high-stakes cab double cork 1080 attempt and won the silver.

Kim and Garrett shared a kiss after she won silver at the 2026 Winter Olympics.

Advertisement

Also Read: “Don’t fall for it, guys!” – Myles Garrett’s GF Chloe Kim fact-checks viral engagement photo with Browns DE