Connect with us

Sports

Man United shut down latest Barcelona attempts over Marcus Rashford summer transfer

Published

on

Barcelona have an option to purchase Marcus Rashford for £26m – and the forward has made it clear he does not want to return to Manchester United

Manchester United have told Barcelona that they will not re-negotiate Marcus Rashford’s fee.

Rashford is on a season-long loan at the Spanish giants, who have the option to buy him for £26million at the end of the campaign. And according to the Daily Mail, United are said to be puzzled by speculation they are prepared to negotiate the fee.

Advertisement

The report also claims that Barca must pay the agreed figure in full, and United hope that selling Rashford and wiping his salary off the wage bill will contribute to some significant savings this summer.

The forward has largely impressed at Spotify Camp Nou, scoring 10 goals and claiming 13 assists in 34 games.

Rashford has not played for United since December 2024 and lost his ‘10’ squad number to Matheus Cunha under former coach Ruben Amorim during the summer.

FOLLOW OUR MAN UNITED FACEBOOK PAGE! Latest news and analysis via the MEN’s Manchester United Facebook page

Advertisement

Before that Amorim said he would rather name his 63-year-old goalkeeping coach as a substitute than a player who does not give his all, in response to a question about Rashford.

The forward spent the second-half of last season on loan at Aston Villa and was forced to train at a separate time from United’s first-team players in the summer before he joined Hansi Flick’s side.

Although Rashford has made clear that he wants to join Barca permanently in the summer, Flick revealed last month that the forward’s long-term future with the Spanish giants remains uncertain.

“(Sporting director) Deco and I always speak about our team and what we can do,” the German said when quizzed about Rashford.

“Marcus’ performances have been really good until now, but we have to manage it. It’s Deco’s job and the club’s job to work on next season so we have to wait.

“We still have plenty more time, there are many months, many days, many weeks ahead of us, and that’s how it is.”

Ensure our latest sport headlines always appear at the top of your Google Search by making us a Preferred Source. Click here to activate or add us as a Preferred Source in your Google search settings

Advertisement
Content cannot be displayed without consent

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Miley Cyrus returns as Hannah Montana for a 20th anniversary special in March 2026

Published

on

Miley Cyrus has officially announced she is returning for a Hannah Montana 20th Anniversary Special, set to premiere on March 24, 2026. This date marks exactly 20 years since the very first episode aired on Disney Channel back in 2006.

Rather than a scripted reboot or new episodes, the special will be an unscripted celebration of the show’s legacy. Filmed in front of a live audience, it will feature an in-depth conversation between Miley and Alex Cooper, host of the Call Her Daddy podcast, as they look back on how Hannah Montana came to be and why it still means so much to fans today.


20 years of Hannah Montana: Miley Cyrus reunites with her roots for a landmark Disney special

Advertisement

When Miley Cyrus first appeared on Hannah Montana in 2006, few could have predicted just how big the show and its young star would become. Cast as Miley Stewart, a normal teenager living a secret double life as pop sensation Hannah Montana, Cyrus became the face of a generation growing up on the Disney Channel.

The series became an instant hit, and her songs like Best of Both Worlds turned Cyrus into a chart-topping artist, while sold-out tours and merchandise made Hannah Montana a global phenomenon. In an official statement announcing the Hannah Montana 20th Anniversary Special, Miley Cyrus stated:

‘“Hannah Montana’ will always be a part of who I am. What started as a TV show became a shared experience that shaped my life and the lives of so many fans, and I’ll always be thankful for that connection. The fact that it still means so much to people all these years later is something I’m very proud of. This ‘Hannahversary’ is my way of celebrating and thanking the fans who’ve stood by me for 20 years.”

When the series concluded in 2011, Miley had leveraged the platform Disney provided to create a devoted global fanbase. And this initial backing became the foundation upon which she gradually built her public image. This helped her to evolve with confidence into the solo artist which she is known as today.

After leaving Disney behind, Miley Cyrus created her identity in pop music. Her 2013 album Bangerz marked a major turn in her singing career, producing chart-topping hits like Wrecking Ball and We Can’t Stop, both of which dominated global charts.

Advertisement

She continued to provide major hits in the following years with songs such as Malibu to the rock-infused Midnight Sky. Her biggest win came in 2023 with Flowers, a global self-love anthem that broke streaming records and earned her two Grammy Awards.

Because of her successful music career and widespread popularity in both the music and film industries, Miley Cyrus also appeared in an episode of Netflix’s Black Mirror. In Season 5, Episode 3, titled “Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too,” she performed all of the featured songs herself.

In that episode, she played pop star Ashley O, a character whose glamorous public image hides a darker reality. Cyrus recorded and performed the episode’s standout tracks, including On a Roll, which cleverly reworked Nine Inch Nails’ Head Like a Hole.