Connect with us

Sports

Use BetMGM bonus code CBSSPORTS to get $1,500 in bonus bets for NFL preseason, Broncos-Packers, MLB on Friday

Published

on

The latest BetMGM bonus code CBSSPORTS gives new users $150 in bonus bets if their first bet wins or up to $1,500 in bonus bets if their qualifying wager loses. The offer depends on location. Week 2 of the NFL preseason continues on Friday with three games: Steelers vs. Jets, Jaguars vs. Panthers and Packers vs. Broncos. SportsLine expert Matt Severance has locked in his picks on the action, including backing the Jaguars to cover as 1.5-point underdogs and the Packers to cover as 6-point underdogs as part of Friday NFL best bets at BetMGM Sportsbook.

The SportsLine Projection Model has found value in Yankees vs. Blue Jays in the MLB slate, backing Toronto to cover as 1.5-run underdogs on the run line as part of Friday MLB best bets at BetMGM. Claim the latest BetMGM bonus code CBSSPORTS and bet on Friday’s top games:

Friday best bets at BetMGM Sportsbook

  • Blue Jays (+1.5) vs. Yankees (-135)
  • Jaguars (+1.5) vs. Panthers (-110)
  • Packers (+6) vs. Broncos (-110)

Combining the three picks into Friday parlay betting at BetMGM Sportsbook would result in a payout of +568 (risk $100 to profit $568, odds subject to change). Click here to take advantage of the latest BetMGM bonus code CBSSPORTS:

The SportsLine Projection Model simulates every MLB game 10,000 times and entered Week 22 of the MLB season on a sizzling 49-31 run on all top-rated MLB picks. It also excelled at making home run prop picks in 2025, returning nearly 30 units of profit if you had entered its picks at the best sportsbooks. Anyone following its MLB betting picks with sportsbook promos on betting apps could have seen strong returns.     

Blue Jays (+1.5) vs. Yankees (-135)

The Yankees are starting the AL Cy Young favorite in Cam Schlittler, but despite his 2.19 ERA and 0.94 WHIP, New York is 0-4 in his last four starts. One of those losses came against the Blue Jays on Saturday in a 4-1 final despite Schlittler allowing just one run over 5⅓ innings. Toronto has been playing some of its best baseball recently, going 7-3 in its last 10 games, all coming against the top three teams in the AL East. Toronto has also covered a +1.5 spread in nine of its last 10 games, including all three contests against the Yankees last weekend, leading the model to project the Blue Jays to cover in 60% of simulations. Back the Blue Jays by claiming the latest BetMGM bonus code CBSSPORTS here:

Advertisement

Jaguars (+1.5) vs. Panthers (-110)

“I pretty much need a significant reason why I wouldn’t take a home team getting points in the preseason,” SportsLine expert Matt Severance said. “It’s not like either side cares. And there are ties once in a blue moon … as in last week between the Patriots and Colts. It does appear we might get a matchup for a few series between former No. 1 overall picks in Bryce Young and Trevor Lawrence. Jags coach Liam Coen has been on the fence, but Lawrence previously has played in two games per year. This marks a third straight away game (including HOF in Canton) for the Panthers. That has to mean something. Jacksonville is eyeing a third 3-0 preseason in the past four years.” Back the Jaguars by claiming the latest BetMGM bonus code CBSSPORTS here:

Packers (+6) vs. Broncos (-110)

“These numbers are clear overreactions to the Broncos crushing the Falcons, 27-7, in Week 1, but maybe Denver’s overall roster is that much better than Atlanta’s,” Severance said. “I would put Green Bay on the same overall tier in the NFL or at least close. Packers coach Matt LaFleur is expected to play his starters a bit. The Pack were one of two teams without a touchdown in Week 1 of the preseason. Perhaps that’s motivation? Jordan Love didn’t look good in his brief action. The big news is the return of injury of Broncos QB Bo Nix, but he will be kept in “Lanters” bubble wrap for his series or maybe two. If Nix scrambles on the second play, Sean Payton might pull him. Denver has the NFL’s longest active preseason winning streak at eight in a row, but six points?” Back the Packers by claiming the latest BetMGM bonus code CBSSPORTS here:

Want more NFL, MLB picks for Friday?

You’ve seen some of the model’s and SportsLine team of experts’ Friday best bets. Now, get against the spread, total and money-line picks for all games, including the NFL, MLB, UFC, and more, all from the SportsLine Projection Model, which has simulated every game 10,000 times. 

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Wyndham Clark takes 5-shot lead into final round at BMW Championship

Published

on

Aug 22, 2026; Saint Louis, Missouri, USA; Wyndhamn Clark plays his shot on the eighth tee during the third round of the BMW Championship golf tournament. Mandatory Credit: Jeff Curry-Imagn ImagesAug 22, 2026; Saint Louis, Missouri, USA; Wyndhamn Clark plays his shot on the eighth tee during the third round of the BMW Championship golf tournament. Mandatory Credit: Jeff Curry-Imagn Images

Wyndham Clark shot 5-under-par 65 to expand his lead in the BMW Championship on Saturday in St. Louis.

Clark, the U.S. Open champion earlier this year, moved to 17-under 193 for a five-stroke advantage over Patrick Cantlay and Northern Ireland’s Rory McIlroy at Bellerive Country Club, where the second stop of three tournaments in the FedEx Cup playoffs is being contested.

Clark, who was the second-round leader, began the round with a double bogey before taking off. His eagle on No. 8 made him 2 under on the front side. He began the back nine with birdies on four of the first five holes. His bogey on No. 18 came after his tee shot found a bunker.

McIlroy, with birdies on three of the final four holes, matched Clark’s 65. Cantlay, who was 3 under with a bogey-free back side, posted a 66.

Advertisement

Gary Woodland (70) and Chris Gotterup (68) are tied for fourth at 11 under.

Collin Morikawa (67) and South Korea’s Sungjae Im (70) are sixth and seventh at 10 under and 9 under, respectively.

J.J. Spaun was in third place when the round began, but his 72 left him at 8 under and tied for eighth place.

World No. 1 Scottie Scheffler, who won last week in the FedEx St. Jude Championship, shot 68 to move to 5 under and a share of 15th place. His five birdies were partially offset by three bogeys.

Advertisement

–Field Level Media

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Serena Williams teams up with Carlos Alcaraz for US Open mixed doubles comeback | Tennis News

Published

on

Serena Williams teams up with Carlos Alcaraz for US Open mixed doubles comeback
Serena Williams to team up with Carlos Alcaraz in US Open mixed doubles (Agency Images)

Serena Williams is set to make her return to the US Open in a blockbuster mixed doubles partnership with Carlos Alcaraz. The United States Tennis Association (USTA) announced on Saturday that Williams and Alcaraz have received a wild card into the US Open mixed doubles main draw, with the event set to begin on Tuesday.The partnership brings together two generations of Grand Slam champions and is expected to be one of the biggest attractions of this year’s tournament.

Serena returns to Flushing Meadows

The 23-time Grand Slam singles champion will be back at the US Open for the first time since 2022. Williams returned to competitive tennis this summer after a break from the sport. She played singles at Wimbledon and later teamed up with her older sister Venus Williams in doubles at the Cincinnati Open.It remains unclear whether Serena will also compete in the women’s singles draw. The USTA still has one women’s singles wild card available, although Williams has not confirmed whether she intends to use it.

Alcaraz returns after injury

Alcaraz, meanwhile, is set to return to action after being sidelined since April with a right wrist injury. The Spaniard recently confirmed that he will defend his US Open singles title, making his mixed doubles partnership with Williams an additional attraction at Flushing Meadows.The 2026 mixed doubles event will feature a revamped format designed to bring some of tennis’ biggest stars into the competition. Matches will be played in a best-of-three format with sets decided at four games, no-ad scoring and a 10-point match tiebreak if required.The winning team will also share a $1 million prize.

Advertisement

Star-studded mixed doubles field

Williams and Alcaraz are part of an impressive field featuring several high-profile combinations. Former world No. 1s Aryna Sabalenka and Novak Djokovic will form another headline pairing, while Iga Swiatek and Casper Ruud are also set to compete.American stars Jessica Pegula and Taylor Fritz will team up, while reigning champions Sara Errani and Andrea Vavassori will return to defend their title.For Williams, the US Open holds a special place in her career. She has won the tournament multiple times and previously captured the US Open mixed doubles title in 1998 alongside Max Mirnyi.

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

After Mexico miss, Gilas Women have eyes on Asian Games

Published

on

Gilas Pilipinas women after beating Senegal in the FIBA Women's Olympic Pre-qualifying TournamentGilas Pilipinas women after beating Senegal in the FIBA Women's Olympic Pre-qualifying Tournament

Gilas Pilipinas women after beating Senegal in the FIBA Women’s Olympic Pre-qualifying Tournament. –FIBA PHOTO

The Gilas Pilipinas Women did not have the most colorful run in the recently concluded Fiba Olympic Pre-Qualifying Tournament in Guadalajara, Mexico.

That, though, doesn’t faze new coach BT Toews on his long-term goal with the Nationals.

Article continues after this advertisement

“We want to move forward,” Toews said shortly after Gilas’ run in Mexico came to a halt. “Fighting is not enough at this level; your brain has to follow.”

Advertisement

“We’re still waiting for the execution to get better and [commit] fewer hiccups in a game.”

The Philippines only won one game in the pre-qualifiers when it downed Senegal on Friday, 79-75, to close out its campaign.

“One game does not give you an identity, but we’re definitely headed in the right direction,” Toews said.

Article continues after this advertisement
Advertisement

With losses to Canada and Mexico, however, the Philippines lost its chance for an outright ticket to the Olympic qualifiers.

With the tourney being Toews’ first as head coach after replacing Pat Aquino, pressure was in the equation.

Instead, the veteran tactician chose to focus on the Nationals’ next big assignment, which is the upcoming Asian Games in Japan.

Article continues after this advertisement
Advertisement

“That’s another chance for us to learn; that’s another chance for us to compete,” he said. “But we want to win more than anything else.” INQ



Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.


Your subscription has been successful.
Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Adrien Broner predicts prime Manny Pacquiao vs Terence Crawford: “He’s got power”

Published

on

Having previously fought and lost to Manny Pacquiao, Adrien Broner has considered how his former foe would fare in a prime-for-prime battle with Terence Crawford.

The two all-time greats were in talks to collide in 2021, only for Pacquiao to schedule a clash with Errol Spence Jr before losing his WBA title to replacement opponent Yordenis Ugas.

But even if he had fought Crawford, the Filipino icon was hardly in his prime following back-to-back points victories over Broner and Keith Thurman.

Advertisement

Instead, many consider his peak to be around 2009, back when he scored vicious stoppages over Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto.

Crawford, meanwhile, was arguably in his prime when he fought Spence in 2023, becoming the undisputed welterweight king with a dominant ninth-round finish.

All eight of his 147lb outings, in fact, resulted in stoppages where ‘Bud’ utilised his freakish 75in reach and proved the superior technician.

Broner, therefore, has told FightHype that he believes Crawford would be too skilled for a remarkably fast and ferocious Pacquiao.

Advertisement

“Crawford [would win]. I just think he’s too technical. First of all he’s sharp, he don’t fade [in the later rounds], he’s long and he got power …  Timing beats speed any day.”

While Pacquiao famously became an eight-division world champion, five of them lineal, Crawford retired in December after having won all four belts in three weight classes.

He was also the consensus top dog at 135lbs and held a major super-welterweight belt, yet most would sooner applaud his undisputed title reigns.

In particular, his victories over Spence and Canelo Alvarez, who he unanimously outpointed in September, will almost certainly see him secure a place in the Hall of Fame.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Buggsy’s 2026 spring campaign kicks off at Sandown

Published

on

Jockey in green silks riding a dark brown racehorse with a blue number 3 saddle cloth, mid-race on a grassy track.

Many trainers with a promising young horse often have the allure of a significant spring race firmly in their sights.

This sentiment is certainly shared by Cranbourne-based trainers Mick Price and Michael Kent Jnr.

With Golden Slipper winner Guest House already earmarked for ambitious targets, they are eager to see Buggsy follow a similar path towards spring success.

However, the immediate priority is to assess Buggsy’s condition in his first start back at Sandown on Saturday, competing in the Chef’s Hat Handicap (1000m).

Advertisement

Buggsy made a winning debut over the same course and distance in March and followed this with a third-place finish in the Listed Redoute’s Choice Stakes (1200m) at Caulfield on April 11.

Kent Jnr has observed that Buggsy has ‘come of age’ this campaign.

“He won track and distance on debut, albeit very greenly, and he had probably come to the end of his prep when he ran third in a Listed race,” Kent Jnr explained.

“Whilst he only got beaten a length and ran third, I thought there was a bit more there and that he had come to the end of it by then, so we gave him a nice break, and have set him for the spring.

Advertisement

“He’s trialled up well and I think there’s improvement to come. His trackrider thinks the run will bring him on and it’s hard to disagree with him.

“He’s a strong colt but I think he’s forward enough for 1000 metres.”

Although Kent Jnr believes Buggsy is fit enough to race and potentially win over 1000m on Saturday, he highlighted the challenges involved in preparing the colt on tracks that have been affected by rain.

“It’s the same every spring,” Kent Jnr remarked.

Advertisement

“We’re ducking and diving, avoiding Polytrack trials and waiting for the grass, but we’ve had a pretty good run with him.

“He’s had two good grass trials, he went well in the second one when he went head and head with a Group 1 filly from New Zealand (Lara Antipova) and they cleared out from third.

“He’s a sprinting colt. We don’t think we’ll get him out to a mile this preparation.

“That’s our feel at the moment and the obvious races beckon if he goes well on Saturday.”

Advertisement

Craig Williams, who rode Buggsy to his inaugural victory, will be reunited with the colt for Saturday’s race.

Compare the latest racing odds from leading bookmakers for the Sandown meeting.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

5 players from RCB’s WPL 2026-winning squad who have been picked for Asian Games 2026 ft. Smriti Mandhana

Published

on

The Indian women’s cricket team are all set to take part in the upcoming Asian Games 2026, which will be held in Japan from September 19 to October 4. The Women in Blue won the gold medal in the women’s cricket competition in the 2023 edition held in Hangzhou. They beat Sri Lanka by 19 runs in a low-scoring final, defending a score of 116.

The selectors have named a strong India Women squad for Asian Games 2026. The team will be led by Harmanpreet Kaur, while Smriti Mandhana remains the vice-captain. India Women, however, have been dealt a big blow ahead of the competition as experienced batter Jemimah Rodrigues has been ruled out due to a right hamstring injury she picked up while playing in The Hundred in England.

India Women‘s Asian Games 2026 squad is dominated by Royal Challengers Bengaluru (RCB) players. In this feature, we look at five players from the squad who were part of RCB’s triumph in Women’s Premier League (WPL) 2026.


#1 Smriti Mandhana

Mandhana led RCB to victory in WPL 2026. In nine matches, the 30-year-old opening batter scored 377 runs at an average of 53.85 and a strike rate of 153.25, with three half-centuries. The southpaw slammed 96 off 61 balls against Delhi Capitals (DC) at the DY Patil Stadium, hitting 13 fours and three sixes.

Mandhana hit 87 off 41 balls in the final of WPL 2026 against DC in Vadodara. Her knock featured 12 fours and three sixes as RCB chased down 204 in 19.4 overs. Overall, she has played 35 WPL games, scoring 1,023 runs at an average of 31 and a strike rate of 136.76, with seven half-centuries.


#2 Richa Ghosh

Wicketkeeper-batter Richa Ghosh will be a key member of India Women’s Asian Games 2026 squad. She has that X-factor in her batting to make a big difference. In nine matches for RCB in WPL 2026, she contributed 189 runs at an average of 31.50 and a strike rate of 151.20. Ghosh slammed 90 off 50 balls against Mumbai Indians (MI) in Vadodara, hitting 10 fours and six sixes in a losing cause.

Advertisement

Ghosh has featured in 35 WPL matches so far. In 33 matches, she has scored runs at an average of 33.91 and a strike rate of 151.02, with five half-centuries.


#3 Shreyanka Patil (subject to fitness)

Off-spinner Shreyanka Patil’s availability for Asian Games 2026 remains subject to fitness. She was stretchered off the field after twisting her right ankle during the Women’s T20 World Cup 2026 match in Leeds on June 17.

Shreyanka played nine matches for RCB in WPL 2026, claiming 11 wickets at an average of 25 and an economy rate of 9.01. The 24-year-old registered figures of 5-23 from 3.5 overs against Gujarat Giants (GG) at DY Patil Stadium. Overall, she has played 24 matches and has claimed 30 wickets at an average of 20.80 and an economy rate of 8.72.


#4 Radha Yadav

Experienced leg-spinner Radha Yadav has also been picked in India Women’s Asian Games 2026 squad. She played nine matches for RCB in WPL 2026, but claimed only two wickets at an average of 74 and an economy rate of 7.78.

Advertisement

Radha, however, played a crucial role with the bat in hand, scoring 114 runs at a strike rate of 140.74. The 26-year-old slammed 66 off 47 balls against GG at DY Patil Stadium. She also hit the winning runs in the final, smashing 12* off five balls. Radha has played 29 WPL games in which she has claimed 16 wickets, with one four-fer. With the bat, she has scored 188 runs at a strike rate of 142.42.


#5 Arundhati Reddy

Pacer Arundhati Reddy has also been picked in India Women’s Asian Games 2026 squad. In seven matches for RCB in WPL 2026, the right-arm pacer claimed two wickets at an average of 96.50 and an economy rate of 8.77. Overall, the 29-year-old has played 27 WPL games, picking up 16 wickets at an average of 39.31 and an economy rate of 8.40.