Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

Royals rookie Carter Jensen admits he slept through alarm before start

Published

on

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Kansas City Royals veteran catcher Salvador Perez was expecting to DH for his squad in Thursday’s afternoon tilt against the Minnesota Twins.

Unfortunately for the 36-year-old, he had to get back behind the plate after rookie Carter Jensen was unavailable to play catcher for the Royals after sleeping through his alarm.

Jensen was scratched late as the Royals’ starting catcher for the game, but it’s usually an illness or injury that results in such a late change to the lineup. But when Jensen came in for the ninth inning, and was seen catching warmup pitches earlier in the game, reporters were curious.

Advertisement

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Carter Jensen wearing Kansas City Royals uniform takes the field at Kauffman Stadium.

Carter Jensen of the Kansas City Royals takes the field before the game against the Minnesota Twins at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Mo., on March 30, 2026. (Mikayla Schlosser/MLB Photos)

Jensen, the Royals’ top prospect, didn’t make up an elaborate lie. He slept through his alarm and wasn’t able to get to Kauffman Stadium in time to properly prepare for the game.

“No running from it,” Jensen told reporters, via MLB.com, after a 5-1 loss to the Twins. “Just didn’t wake up to my alarm. Slept through it. Don’t really have an excuse, nor should I. It sucks. Happens. I felt like I let my teammates down, coaches down. Just learn from it and know it won’t happen again.”

TIGERS TOP PROSPECT GOES VIRAL FOR UNFILTERED REACTION TO PIRATES’ SETH HERNANDEZ’S 102 MPH HEATER

Advertisement

Royals manager Matt Quatraro added: “He’s a stand-up guy, a really hard worker, a great kid. He feels terrible. He’s accountable to it. It’s not something that has been a pattern or any of that kind of stuff. Nobody feels worse than he does, and I think he’ll admit to that. And we’ll move on.”

While Quatraro took the high road when asked about Jensen, first baseman Vinnie Pasquantino laid into the rookie in big-brother fashion.

“You got a 36-year-old catcher preparing to DH today and then his world gets a little rocked an hour and a half before the game that he’s not going to be DH-ing,” he told reporters. “Credit to Salvy today for being ready, first and foremost. We’re glad Carter’s OK, right? That was kind of the initial thought when you’re trying to get a hold of his parents and everything like that. But once you find out he’s OK, it’s like, ‘All right, it’s a growing moment.’

Carter Jensen wearing Kansas City Royals uniform looking on during baseball game

Carter Jensen of the Kansas City Royals looks on during a game against the Seattle Mariners at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Mo., on Sept. 18, 2025. (Sydney Schneider/MLB Photos)

“He’s really young. There are some things that cannot happen, and that’s one of them. He’s going to have to wear it on the chin, same way anybody would have to. It can’t happen.”

Advertisement

Pasquantino added the team is “here for him,” but he also believes Jensen should likely invest in “another alarm clock or something.”

Jensen is already ahead of his teammate.

“There’s a lot to learn from it. Making sure if I don’t set one alarm, maybe set three, four, as many as possible. Moving forward, that’s what I’m going to do. Set a million alarms. Make sure I’m up. It stinks, though.”

Carter Jensen walking to the on deck circle during a baseball game.

Carter Jensen of the Kansas City Royals walks to the on deck circle during a spring training game against the Texas Rangers at Surprise Stadium in Surprise, Ariz., on March 18, 2026. (Brandon Sloter/Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Advertisement

Jensen is not just the Royals’ top prospect, but the 6-foot, 210-pound catcher is ranked No. 16 overall by MLB Pipeline in 2026.

In his six games to start the 2026 season, Jensen has two hits in 16 at-bats, including one home run and two RBI.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Advertisement

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Towering statue of Pele unveiled in Guadalajara ahead of FIFA World Cup | FIFA World Cup 2022

Published

on

Pele's statue installed in Guadalajara

Pele’s statue installed in Guadalajara


A large statue of soccer great Pele was unveiled Thursday in the Mexican city of Guadalajara to commemorate his achievements with the Brazilian national team.


Pele, who died at age 82 in 2022, won one of his three World Cup titles in Mexico at the 1970 edition of the tournament.


“This monumental figure of this great player, who played here and scored a great goal, is a great gift to the people of Jalisco and to all visitors,” Jalisco Gov. Pablo Lemus said. “Pele loved Guadalajara, and the Brazilian national team fell in love with it because the Mexican public gave them everything in 1970.” 

Advertisement

 


 
The 9.5-meter-tall (31-foot) statue is located in a public square called Plaza Brazil outside the Jalisco Stadium, which hosted matches in the 1970 and 1986 World Cups. For its 1970 title run, Brazil played its first-round, quarterfinal, and semifinal matches at the stadium before beating Italy in the final at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City.


“People who come to the Jalisco Stadium now will stop to take pictures. This statue will be a landmark, especially since it depicts a football star like Pele,” Lemus said. “It’s a great gift for the World Cup.” 
In the 2026 World Cup, Guadalajara will host four first-round matches: South Korea vs. Czech Republic on June 12; Mexico vs. South Korea on June 18, Colombia vs. Congo on June 23, and Uruguay vs. Spain on June 26.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Advertisement

First Published: May 22 2026 | 12:32 PM IST

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

Pro reveals details of insane tattoo bet with caddie

Published

on

On Sunday, Lottie Woad enjoyed what is becoming a regular tradition in her pro career.

With a final-round 69 at the Kroger Queen City Championship in Cincinnati, Woad, who is 22, won her second LPGA event (and third event in total) since turning pro in the middle of last year. Woad’s victory was the latest highlight in her rapid climb up the food chain in the women’s game. It was also a moment of affirmation for one of her more … eclectic competitive rituals: a bag of gummy bears that has served as her good-luck charm.

As the story goes, the tradition started with Woad’s caddie, David Taylor, a veteran LPGA looper who evidently shares her sweet tooth.

“So, back in the UK, we’ve got kind of little supermarket called Marks & Spencer, and they do this sweet called Percy Pigs, and it just so happened that Singapore had one of these little small supermarkets, and I came across it one night when we were out for dinner,” Taylor said. “So, I took them and I put them in the bag, and I said, ‘These are some birdie sweets.’”

Advertisement

Caddies are famously adept at discovering motivational tools for their players, and in Taylor’s case, the key to Woad’s heart was simple.

“Now, every player is driven by different things, some are financially driven, Lotte is in fact driven by sweets,” he said. “So, I put them in the bag, and I said, ‘Every birdie you make, we get one each.’ So it’s not she’s going to hit some mad sugar rush or anything.”

Woad is careful to point out that she’s not exactly housing gummy bears during the course of competition. The candies are a boost that helps to break up the monotony of life on the road.

“I don’t know, we’ve done it the last few events that we remembered,” Woad said with a grin. “Yeah, I think people think that we’re like stuffing our faces with sweets during the round, but like realistically we’re eating like four gummy bears.”

Advertisement

But Woad’s moment in the sun at the Kroger Queen City Championship was dually rewarding, and not just for the sugar high of a pro victory. As Taylor explained in an interview with SiriusXM, he’d made his pro an unusual promise: The next time she won an event, she could choose the design for the next tattoo on her caddie’s body.

Woad’s victory in Cincy meant that she had earned that right, and as you might expect, there was only one option that made sense.

“Actually, about one hour ago, I got a text message from her, and she’s finally chosen what to get,” Taylor said with a laugh. “She’s chosen the piece, and it is, in fact, going to be a little gummy bear with a crown on it.”

A gummy bear with a crown — fitting for the first crowning of a new LPGA heavyweight player-caddie pairing … and one that just so happened to come in the Queen City.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

You can’t put it on kids

Published

on

Former India player Aakash Chopra has questioned Ruturaj Gaikwad for attributing the Chennai Super Kings’ (CSK) early exit from IPL 2026 to a young and inexperienced team. He highlighted that the blame shouldn’t be put on kids and that the seniors need to own up.

CSK were eliminated from IPL 2026 after an 89-run loss against the Gujarat Titans (GT) in Ahmedabad on Thursday, May 21. The visitors were bowled out for 140 in pursuit of a 230-run target.

In a video shared on his YouTube channel, ‘Aakash Chopra,’ the former India batter opined that Gaikwad should have spoken about the underperforming seniors instead of the youngsters while reflecting on CSK‘s exit in the post-match interview.

“He said that’s a very young team, that they cannot show that much faith in youngsters, and that they don’t have enough experience. I am wondering why those who have experience aren’t being spoken about. The talk should have been about Sanju Samson, Rutu, Shivam Dube, and Dewald Brevis. The talk shouldn’t be about Ayush Mhatre, Kartik Sharma, Prashant Veer, or Urvil Patel. What they did was excellent,” Chopra said.

“The talk should actually be about the elders. Rutu, how was your season? Kids bring bravado and an attacking approach. They don’t bring consistency, and how will they bring consistency? They are kids. So whose responsibility was it? You said you would open and don’t want to let Mhatre open. You needed to score runs. I agree that anyone can have a bad season, but you need to own up. You can’t put it on kids that they didn’t do well,” he added.

Ruturaj Gaikwad aggregated 337 runs at an underwhelming strike rate of 123.44 in 14 innings in IPL 2026. Shivam Dube (270 runs at a strike rate of 158.82 in 12 innings) and Dewald Brevis (151 runs at a strike rate of 127.96 in eight innings) also weren’t at their best this season.


“The mistake was in the auction as well” – Aakash Chopra on CSK’s IPL 2026 exit

Dewald Brevis was one of the two overseas batters in CSK's IPL 2026 squad (Image via X/@IPL)Dewald Brevis was one of the two overseas batters in CSK's IPL 2026 squad (Image via X/@IPL)
Dewald Brevis was one of the two overseas batters in CSK’s IPL 2026 squad (Image via X/@IPL)

In the same video, Aakash Chopra reckoned it wasn’t the youngsters’ mistake, highlighting that CSK had also erred in the IPL 2026 auction.

“In that interview, it seemed like it was the kids’ mistake. It wasn’t the kids’ mistake. The mistake was in the auction as well. You had two overseas batters, and they weren’t even like-for-like. You played with three overseas many times,” he said.

While acknowledging that Gaikwad might not have had enough time to reflect on the loss before the post-match interview, the cricketer-turned-commentator opined that his comment was odd.

“Plenty of problems that can be talked about later, but I found that one comment odd. Putting your responsibility on someone else is not the nicest way of doing things. You might not have got enough time to think about it post-match, you reacted suddenly, and you don’t mean it perfectly, but it still felt slightly odd as the kids have done decently. It wasn’t about them at all,” Chopra observed.

However, Aakash Chopra concurred with Ruturaj Gaikwad that the Chennai Super Kings were hit hard by injuries in IPL 2026. While terming CSK the ‘Chotil Super Kings’ because of the number of injuries they have endured, he pointed out that even Sanju Samson got injured while keeping in their last league game.

Advertisement