Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

‘I can be better’: Bichette opens up about struggles with Mets

Published

on

It’s no secret that Bo Bichette has had a tough time acclimating to Queens.

The former Toronto Blue Jays shortstop signed a three-year, $126-million contract to join the New York Mets in the off-season, and has been mired in one of the worst slumps of his career since.

Bichette’s .531 OPS is fifth-worst among qualified hitters. His .210 batting average isn’t much better and he doesn’t have an extra-base hit since April 28.

The 28-year-old infielder spoke candidly about his early-season struggles to The Athletic‘s Ken Rosenthal.

Advertisement

“There are a lot of things I didn’t anticipate,” Bichette said to Rosenthal. “Just dealing with everything. New teammates. New organization. Staff. New fan base. Just everything, I think.”

Even though he made a significant blunder while playing in the field on Sunday – dropping a potential inning-ending pop up in the sixth, resulting in a run for the New York Yankees – Bichette previously had made a surprisingly smooth transition to third base.

That play is one of only two errors he’s made on the season, and he grades out well by most advanced defensive metrics, including his plus-2 fielding run value on Statcast. He has recently moved back to shortstop due to Francisco Lindor’s injury.

Still his struggles at the plate have overshadowed his play in the field, understandable considering he’s a bat-first player.

Advertisement

“I don’t know if it’s been the toughest stretch of my career,” Bichette said. “But it’s up there.”

Prior to sustaining a knee sprain that held him out for the final 20 games of the regular season and the start of the Blue Jays’ World Series run in 2025, Bichette was among the best pure hitters in baseball.

He led MLB in both hits and doubles, and finished second in both categories despite the time missed.

However, he has been prone to slumps throughout his career. In the 2024 season, Bichette struggled to a .225 average and .598 OPS with only four home runs over the first half of the season before missing the second half due to injury.

Advertisement

“Being on a new team, I just want to help the team, first off,” Bichette said. “But I think naturally I want to impress people and show people what I can do. Not being able to do that is tough.

“Just wanting to be the player that the Mets signed is something that I think about a lot,” Bichette added.

Yet, based on expected stats, Bichette has been unlucky. His .269 slugging percentage is well below his .399 expected slugging based on quality of contact, and his .243 batting average on balls in play is well below league average.

“Early on, I was able to keep it in pretty good perspective, that it’s just how the game goes,” he said. “At the end of the day, the luck is the luck. I definitely haven’t put my ‘A’ at-bats every single day, every single pitch. I can be better.”

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Zoey Stark spotted training with former AEW champion following WWE exit

Published

on

Zoey Stark recently departed WWE. She was spotted training with a former AEW champion following her exit.

Zoey Stark was one of the most consistent performers in NXT. Due to her impressive performances, she was called up to the main roster. During her time on the main roster, she was involved in a prominent feud with Becky Lynch. However, her push came to a screeching halt last year when she suffered a knee injury. This sidelined her for the past year. However, she was recently released from the sports entertainment juggernaut. It looks like she has been busy training with Brian Cage.

Advertisement

Zoey Stark recently took to social media to post a video emotionally describing her passion and love for wrestling. She also revealed that she was cleared to compete in February 2026, but was released in April. During the video, she was seen training with AEW star Brian Cage. Zoey also revealed that her new name is Zoey Serrano and her 90-day non-compete clause will expire on July 24, 2026.


Bully Ray is not happy with WWE’s treatment of Zoey Stark

Zoey Stark spent the past year rehabbing and fixing her knee. However, she was released before she got the chance to compete in the ring again.

Speaking on his Busted Open Radio podcast, Bully Ray said that WWE releasing Stark before giving her one chance to compete in the ring doesn’t sit right with him.

“Think about what she’s going through right now. ‘I tried for a whole year to come back only to have you tell me you’re not even going to give me an opportunity. Not even one match back. Not one opportunity after I got hurt and blew out my knee.’ To me, that’s not right,” he said.

He further added that the Stamford-based promotion should have given Stark a chance to show what she could do with her new knee.

Advertisement

“Give her one match back. Give her an opportunity with her new knee. Give her an opportunity after she rehabbed herself. If you don’t like what you see, then say, ‘Hey, Zoey, listen. We gave you an opportunity. We just don’t see it. Best of luck in your future endeavors,’” he added.

It remains to be seen if Zoey will join AEW in the future.