Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

Man United’s unusual plan for Jarrod Bowen as West Ham star eyed up for summer transfer

Published

on

West Ham star Jarrod Bowen has been linked with a move to Manchester United this summer

Manchester United are being credited with an interest in signing Jarrod Bowen, and are said to have a plan in place should they sign the West Ham star. United have just one match left to play this season before the attention turns to the summer transfer window.

The Reds have already been linked with a host of potential new signings, with Bowen’s name being mentioned as a possible target for this summer.

Advertisement

It has been reported by The Guardian that United are one of several clubs showing an interest in signing Bowen and could take advantage if the Hammers are relegated from the Premier League.

Get MEN Premium now for just £1 HERE – or get involved in our United WhatsApp group by clicking HERE. You can also join our United Facebook page by clicking HERE and don’t miss out on our brilliant selection of newsletters HERE.

The report claims that Liverpool and Chelsea are also expressing an interest in signing Bowen, with West Ham said to need to raise £100million in transfer fees if they drop down to the Championship.

READ MORE: Ruben Amorim closes in on first management job since Man United sack thanks to ‘close friendship’READ MORE: What Bruno Fernandes actually said as Roy Keane loses it with Man United star

Advertisement

Interestingly, the report goes on to say that United see Bowen as a potentially valuable asset due to his ability to operate in several different positions.

United are said to be considering deploying Bowen as a left winger if they bring the 29-year-old to Old Trafford, despite it not being one of his favoured roles.

Bowen typically plays as a right winger for West Ham and is also capable of being used as a centre forward when required, but has rarely been used on the left side of the forward line.

The England international recently opened up on his future at West Ham and the speculation that a departure from the London Stadium could be on the cards if the Hammers were to be relegated from the Premier League.

Advertisement

“I’ve done it since I’ve been at Hull,” Bowen told Sky Sports. “I sit down at the end of every season and think, what’s best for me?

FOLLOW OUR MAN UNITED FB PAGE! Latest news and analysis via the MEN’s Manchester United Facebook page

“What do I feel? What’s my gut feeling? And then make a decision and go with it there.”

United have already secured qualification to the Champions League following their win over Liverpool last month, and will now prepare to face Brighton on Sunday in their final match of the season.

Advertisement

As previously reported by the Manchester Evening News, Michael Carrick is expected to be named as United’s head coach on a permanent basis.

Carrick is set to sign a two-year deal to become United’s long-term boss, which will also include the option of a further 12 months.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Why does Edmonton not have a PWHL team yet? Exploring what may be holding back expansion 

Published

on

Despite strong fan support, Edmonton still does not have a PWHL team, and the reason may come down more to logistics than interest. The Professional Women’s Hockey League is growing quickly, recently adding Detroit, Hamilton and Las Vegas as new markets. Edmonton, though, has not joined that list despite showing it can draw crowds.

During the 2025 Takeover Tour, more than 17,500 fans attended the Edmonton stop, one of the highest totals on the tour. The city also drew crowds above 10,000 for other PWHL games, showing there is clearly an audience for women’s hockey.

The bigger problem may be finding a home arena. Rogers Place already has a busy schedule with the Edmonton Oilers and Edmonton Oil Kings sharing the building. Between the two teams, there are 75 home games across the season.

Once concerts and other events are added, fitting in another hockey team becomes difficult, especially since the PWHL now plays a longer schedule than it did in its early seasons. Ownership is another part of the issue.

The PWHL owns all of its teams directly instead of using separate ownership groups. That means any Edmonton team would likely need an agreement with Oilers Entertainment Group to play at Rogers Place without being owned by OEG.

According to Ice Warriors Media Group, the league and OEG did discuss bringing a team to Edmonton but were unable to reach an agreement. A smaller arena does not seem like an easy answer either. Downtown Community Arena only seats about 1,000 people, which is far below the size most PWHL teams play in.

Advertisement

So while Edmonton looks like a strong hockey market for the league, scheduling issues and arena arrangements may be what is keeping a team out of the city for now.


PWHL expansion keeps moving ahead without Edmonton

While Edmonton is still without a team, the Professional Women’s Hockey League has continued to add new markets at a fast pace. The league recently announced San Jose as its 12th franchise, adding another city to an expansion group that already included Detroit, Hamilton and Las Vegas.

That growth has come quickly. The PWHL started with six teams in 2023 and has now doubled in size in just a few seasons.

San Jose will play out of SAP Center, home of the San Jose Sharks. The city also brings a large market, growing interest in women’s sports and strong girls hockey participation.

Advertisement

The league’s executive Amy Scheer said San Jose’s hockey background, women’s sports scene and community growth all played a role in the decision.2

The league could also change how it is organized as more teams come in. Officials have previously discussed using conferences or divisions as travel becomes a bigger part of the schedule.

The league owns all of its teams and is backed by Mark Walter and Kimbra Walter. With 12 teams now in place, including seven in the United States, the league may also be in a stronger position when it comes to landing a national broadcast partner.