Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

French Open tennis stars turn up the heat on Grand Slams over revenue row

Published

on

A simmering dispute between players and the Grand Slams ​over revenue sharing intensified at the French Open on Friday, with Novak Djokovic warning the sport risked further fragmentation as leading players pressed for a greater voice in shaping its future.

Several players were expected to limit their appearances at Friday’s traditional pre-tournament media day to 15 minutes and without conducting any additional multi-media interviews.

The tensions have been building for weeks but the ​rhetoric sharpened in Paris, ‌where players such as Taylor Fritz insisted that their grievances were not just about “wanting more money”.

“It’s about just wanting what’s fair,” the American ⁠added.

Advertisement

“As the tournaments make more money, we obviously want to see the revenue shared back to the players reflect that.”

Players have pointed to pensions, tournament expansion, scheduling and late-night finishes among the issues fuelling frustration, alongside what several described as a persistent lack ‌of dialogue from organisers.

Russian Andrey Rublev painted a picture of widening disconnect between players and the sport’s leadership.

“When you try to communicate for ⁠so many years… they don’t hear you. They don’t answer,” Rublev said.

Advertisement

“When you send the mail in, no one responds to official mail for months.” Rublev said the issue was not simply financial but structural. “It’s more about are we together, and we try to do something together to grow the sport,” he said.

Read moreSabalenka poised to ‘go for it’ at Roland Garros

World ​number one Aryna Sabalenka cast the debate as a struggle on behalf of the sport’s lesser lights rather than its leading stars.

“It’s not ‌about me. It’s about the players who’s lower in the ranking, who is suffering,” she said.

Advertisement

“But as the world number one, I feel like I have to stand up and to fight for those players.”

‘B’-word?

Even so, players adopted a more cautious tone over the prospect of a boycott after Sabalenka raised the possibility earlier this month in Rome.

“I don’t know if I want to start ‌throwing around the ‘B’ word,” Fritz said. “It’s a really big deal, and I don’t think we as players should really make big threats like that unless we’re fully ready to do it.”

Six-time Grand Slam champion Iga Swiatek also stopped short of endorsing drastic action.

Advertisement

“I ​don’t think doing something that is not constructive will make sense,” the four-time French Open winner said. “But we want to push a bit more to get what we need.”

Djokovic said he was not personally involved in the planned 15-minute media action but aligned himself with many of the players’ broader concerns while warning against further division in ​the sport.

“I have always been on the players’ side and tried to advocate for players’ rights and better future for players, but not only top players,” the 24-time Grand Slam ​champion said.

“We tend to forget how little is the number of people that live from this sport.”

Advertisement

Djokovic said the lower ​tiers of professional tennis were essential to the game’s long-term health and called for greater unity between governing bodies, tournaments and players.

“Grand Slams, governing bodies, the governing tours, everyone. We are very fragmented,” he said. “So the further fragmentation is really hurting me personally. I ​really don’t like to see that.”

The Serbian also pointed to golf and the divisions caused by the emergence of LIV Golf as a warning for tennis.

Watch moreAlcaraz retains French Open title after all-time classic final against Sinner

Advertisement

“Let’s learn from that. Let’s try to be a bit more united and have a unifying voice into finding better structure and better future for our sport,” he said.

While top ATP and WTA events redistribute around 22 percent of revenues to players, the Grand Slams are estimated to return closer to 15 percent, a gap that has become a central source of tension. French Open organisers have been arguing that tournament profits ⁠fund entire national tennis ecosystems, not just prize money. They are expected to meet player agents on Friday as discussions continue over revenue sharing and player representation.

Tournament director Amelie Mauresmo said she regretted the prospect of reduced media ⁠access at the start of the ​claycourt Grand Slam.

“It’s always regrettable because media day is an important moment for the tournament, for journalists who come from all over the world and also for the fans through the media coverage,” Mauresmo told reporters on Thursday.

Advertisement

“We understand that there are discussions and concerns from the players, but dialogue is always preferable.”

(FRANCE 24 with Reuters)

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Roscommon v Tyrone: Team News, Betting, Prediction and Tactical Breakdown

Published

on

:root{
–ros-blue:#081f4d;
–ros-gold:#f5c542;
–tyrone-red:#d1111c;
–dark:#111827;
–light:#f8fafc;
–shadow:0 10px 28px rgba(0,0,0,0.14);
}

.rg-wrap{
max-width:1200px;
margin:auto;
font-family:’Segoe UI’,Arial,sans-serif;
color:var(–dark);
line-height:1.8;
}

.rg-hero{
background:linear-gradient(135deg,#071733 0%,#0b2f75 60%,#d1111c 100%);
padding:45px;
border-radius:24px;
color:white;
position:relative;
overflow:hidden;
box-shadow:var(–shadow);
margin-bottom:30px;
}

Advertisement

.rg-hero:before{
content:””;
position:absolute;
top:-100px;
right:-100px;
width:300px;
height:300px;
background:rgba(255,255,255,0.06);
border-radius:50%;
}

.rg-tag{
display:inline-block;
background:var(–ros-gold);
color:#111;
padding:8px 18px;
font-weight:800;
border-radius:999px;
margin-bottom:18px;
font-size:14px;
}

.rg-hero h1{
font-size:52px;
margin:0;
line-height:1.05;
}

.rg-hero p{
font-size:19px;
max-width:760px;
margin-top:18px;
}

Advertisement

.rg-stats{
display:grid;
grid-template-columns:repeat(5,1fr);
gap:18px;
margin-bottom:30px;
}

.rg-stat{
background:white;
padding:22px;
border-radius:18px;
text-align:center;
box-shadow:var(–shadow);
}

.rg-stat h2{
margin:0;
font-size:34px;
color:var(–ros-blue);
}

.rg-stat span{
font-weight:700;
font-size:15px;
color:#4b5563;
}

Advertisement

.rg-grid{
display:grid;
grid-template-columns:1fr 1fr;
gap:24px;
margin-bottom:30px;
}

.rg-card{
background:white;
padding:30px;
border-radius:22px;
box-shadow:var(–shadow);
border-top:7px solid var(–ros-gold);
}

.rg-card.tyrone{
border-top:7px solid var(–tyrone-red);
}

.rg-card h2{
margin-top:0;
font-size:28px;
color:var(–ros-blue);
}

Advertisement

.rg-card ul{
padding-left:22px;
}

.rg-card li{
margin-bottom:10px;
}

.rg-section{
background:white;
padding:35px;
border-radius:22px;
box-shadow:var(–shadow);
margin-bottom:30px;
}

.rg-section h2{
margin-top:0;
font-size:34px;
color:var(–ros-blue);
border-bottom:3px solid var(–ros-gold);
padding-bottom:12px;
}

Advertisement

.rg-table{
width:100%;
border-collapse:collapse;
margin-top:20px;
}

.rg-table th{
background:var(–ros-blue);
color:white;
padding:16px;
font-size:16px;
}

.rg-table td{
padding:14px;
border-bottom:1px solid #e5e7eb;
font-size:15px;
}

.rg-table tr:nth-child(even){
background:#f9fafb;
}

Advertisement

.rg-teams{
display:grid;
grid-template-columns:1fr 1fr;
gap:24px;
margin-top:30px;
}

.rg-team{
padding:28px;
border-radius:22px;
color:white;
box-shadow:var(–shadow);
}

.rg-team.ros{
background:linear-gradient(135deg,#071733,#0c3d91);
}

.rg-team.tyr{
background:linear-gradient(135deg,#111,#b30d17);
}

Advertisement

.rg-team h3{
margin-top:0;
font-size:28px;
}

.rg-team ol{
padding-left:25px;
margin:0;
}

.rg-team li{
margin-bottom:8px;
}

.rg-betting{
background:linear-gradient(135deg,#f5c542,#ffe58a);
padding:35px;
border-radius:22px;
margin-top:30px;
box-shadow:var(–shadow);
}

Advertisement

.rg-betting h2{
margin-top:0;
font-size:34px;
color:#111;
}

.bet-boxes{
display:grid;
grid-template-columns:repeat(3,1fr);
gap:18px;
margin-top:22px;
}

.bet-box{
background:white;
padding:20px;
border-radius:18px;
text-align:center;
font-weight:800;
font-size:22px;
box-shadow:0 5px 15px rgba(0,0,0,0.12);
}

.rg-prediction{
background:linear-gradient(135deg,#071733,#04122d);
padding:40px;
border-radius:24px;
color:white;
margin-top:35px;
border:4px solid var(–ros-gold);
box-shadow:var(–shadow);
}

Advertisement

.rg-prediction h2{
color:var(–ros-gold);
font-size:36px;
margin-top:0;
}

.rg-score{
font-size:44px;
font-weight:900;
text-align:center;
margin:25px 0;
color:var(–ros-gold);
}

@media(max-width:900px){

.rg-grid,
.rg-teams,
.rg-stats,
.bet-boxes{
grid-template-columns:1fr;
}

Advertisement

.rg-hero h1{
font-size:38px;
}

}

ALL-IRELAND SFC ROUND 1

Roscommon v Tyrone

Sunday 24th May | 2PM | King & Moffatt Dr. Hyde Park

Connacht champions Roscommon welcome Tyrone to Hyde Park in one of the standout clashes of the opening weekend. Roscommon arrive with momentum and attacking confidence, while Tyrone enter under pressure after a disappointing spring campaign.

Advertisement

7-3

Roscommon 2026 Record

2-1-5

Tyrone 2026 Record

3-21

Roscommon v Galway

8/11

Roscommon Odds

Advertisement

-1.5

Handicap

Roscommon Team News

Mark Dowd has kept faith with the exact same starting XV that defeated Galway in the Connacht final.

That means Roscommon once again place their trust in the side that defeated both Mayo and Galway during an outstanding Connacht campaign.

  • No changes to the starting team
  • Ultan Harney replaces Jack Duggan on the bench
  • Daire Cregg, Ruaidhrí Fallon and Brian Stack remain impact options
  • Roscommon have scored 10 goals in three championship games

Tyrone Team News

Malachy O’Rourke has made two changes from the side narrowly beaten by Armagh after extra time.

  • Kieran McGeary comes into the starting XV
  • Matthew Donnelly also returns
  • Darragh Canavan misses out through injury
  • Brian Kennedy starts alongside Conn Kilpatrick in midfield

The absence of Canavan is significant, but Tyrone regain valuable experience and physicality.

Previous Championship Meetings

Year Result Competition
2024 Roscommon 0-14 Tyrone 0-12 All-Ireland Preliminary Quarter-Final
2019 Tyrone 0-17 Roscommon 0-13 All-Ireland Quarter-Final Phase 1
2018 Tyrone 4-24 Roscommon 2-12 All-Ireland Quarter-Final Phase 1
2013 Tyrone 0-12 Roscommon 1-7 Qualifier Round 2
2012 Tyrone 1-16 Roscommon 0-8 Qualifier Round 2

Key Stat: Roscommon’s 2024 victory in Omagh was their first ever senior championship win over Tyrone.

Advertisement

2026 Championship Journey

Roscommon Score
v New York 5-22 to 1-10
v Mayo 2-25 to 1-18
v Galway 3-21 to 2-22
Tyrone Score
v Armagh Lost 1-17 to 1-16 aet

Roscommon Starting XV

  1. Conor Carroll
  2. Patrick Gavin
  3. Caelim Keogh
  4. Eoin McCormack
  5. Eoin Ward
  6. Ronan Daly
  7. Senan Lambe
  8. Keith Doyle
  9. Conor Ryan
  10. Dylan Ruane
  11. Enda Smith
  12. Colm Neary
  13. Diarmuid Murtagh (C)
  14. Darragh Heneghan
  15. Robert Heneghan

Tyrone Starting XV

  1. Niall Morgan
  2. Cormac Quinn
  3. Peter Teague
  4. Joey Clarke
  5. Michael McKernan
  6. Niall Devlin
  7. Kieran McGeary
  8. Brian Kennedy
  9. Conn Kilpatrick
  10. Seanie O’Donnell
  11. Ronan Cassidy
  12. Ciarán Daly
  13. Darren McCurry
  14. Matthew Donnelly
  15. Ethan Jordan

Tactical Analysis

This game could become one of the most open contests of the opening round.

Roscommon’s running game and attacking movement have flourished under the new rules. They have averaged over 30 points per championship game so far and look far more confident carrying the ball through the middle third.

Tyrone, however, will believe their midfield pairing of Conn Kilpatrick and Brian Kennedy can physically disrupt Roscommon’s rhythm.

The return of Kieran McGeary and Matthew Donnelly also gives Tyrone badly needed experience and composure.

Roscommon’s biggest challenge may actually be emotional. The high of winning Connacht can sometimes create a flat All-Ireland opener, while Tyrone arrive with wounded pride and very little external expectation.

Advertisement

Betting & Prediction

Roscommon
8/11
Tyrone
6/5
Roscommon -1.5

Betting View: Roscommon deserve favouritism based on current form and attacking output, but Tyrone’s experience and physical edge should keep this extremely tight.

Best Angle: Roscommon by 1-3 points looks the most realistic outcome.

Final Verdict

Roscommon are playing better football right now and have looked one of the most dangerous attacking teams in the country throughout the Connacht championship.

Tyrone still possess huge championship experience though, and the return of key leaders makes them far more dangerous than their record suggests.

Advertisement
Roscommon 1-22
Tyrone 1-19

Prediction: Roscommon by three points

The post Roscommon v Tyrone: Team News, Betting, Prediction and Tactical Breakdown appeared first on SportsNewsIreland.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Manchester United appoint Michael Carrick as permanent manager until 2028 | Football News

Published

on


Manchester United have confirmed that Michael Carrick will remain as the club’s permanent head coach after signing a new contract that keeps him at Old Trafford until 2028. 
The former United midfielder had initially stepped in as interim manager following the dismissal of Ruben Amorim in January, but an impressive run of performances convinced the club hierarchy to hand him the role on a long-term basis.

 


Carrick transforms United’s season

 

Advertisement


Carrick arrived during a difficult phase for the club and quickly managed to steady the situation both on and off the pitch. Since taking charge on January 13, the 44-year-old guided United to 11 wins in 16 matches, helping the team secure a third-place Premier League finish and qualification for next season’s UEFA Champions League.

 
 

The Red Devils also collected more league points than any other side during Carrick’s spell in charge, with a crucial victory over Nottingham Forest confirming their return to Europe’s top competition. 

 

 


Carrick speaks on new role

Advertisement

 


Reacting to his appointment, Carrick described the opportunity as a proud moment in his career. Having spent many successful years at Manchester United as a player, he spoke about the responsibility of leading the club and his determination to restore the team to competing for major trophies once again.

 


The former midfielder praised the mentality shown by the squad during the second half of the season and stressed the importance of building a united and ambitious environment moving forward.

Advertisement

 


Club hierarchy backs Carrick’s vision

 


Manchester United’s management believes Carrick has already brought stability and a clearer identity back to the club. Director of football Jason Wilcox highlighted the positive atmosphere created at Carrington and praised the manager for reconnecting the team with the club’s traditional values and style of football.

Advertisement

 


The club also credited Carrick for rebuilding confidence within the dressing room while delivering results during a challenging transitional period.

 


Summer rebuild now begins

Advertisement

 


With the managerial situation now resolved, Manchester United’s focus will shift towards the upcoming summer transfer window. Carrick is expected to play a major role in shaping the squad ahead of next season as United prepare for both domestic and European challenges.

 


The club will now look to strengthen key areas in the squad, improve depth and build a team capable of competing consistently for silverware under Carrick’s leadership.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

McLaughlin: Keeping 4-Star OL In-State Big Win for ASU

Published

on

SEC logoIowa State Athletic Director Jamie Pollard recently seemed to be daring the SEC to consider breaking away from NCAA governance.

Would the Big Ten follow suit?

On today’s episode of Locked On College Football, I am joined by ‘Locked On Sun Devils’ host Philip Mulford discuss a big win for Kenny Dillingham.

ASU Sun Devis logoThe Sun Devils keeping Jake Hildebrand in the State of Arizona is massive in many ways.

Indiana faces 2026 coming off their first-ever national championship.

I talk with ‘Locked On Hoosiers’ host Jacob Goins and play a game of “what if” for their upcoming season.

Advertisement

/ @lockedoncollegefootball  

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

What happened to Danny Go’s son? YouTuber announces death of his 14-year-old child

Published

on

YouTuber Danny Go, whose real name is Daniel Coleman, recently announced that his son, Isaac, passed away on May 21, 2026, at the age of 14. Danny has nearly 5 million subscribers, and his content is typically directed at children, with some of his biggest hits being “Songs for Kids,” centered around animals and adventure. Overall, Danny has accumulated over 5 billion views on his channel.

On Instagram, Danny Go shared a post dedicated to his son, titled:

“Isaac Daniel Coleman. 10/3/11 – 5/21/26.”

Advertisement

The post spoke about how Issac’s life was one battle after another, and how the child faced them with “such grit”:

“Oh, my sweet boy. There’s so much I want to say, but I don’t know how yet. I already miss you so much, and the pain in my heart is far more than I can process. But looking through thousands of pictures and videos this past week, I’m also filled with tremendous pride. Your 14 years were full of so many challenges, but you met them all with such grit…and you somehow kept your trademark joy in spite of it all. You truly had a spark like no other, Isaac!”

He concluded by saying that he was honored to have fathered his son, asking him to rest peacefully:

“Remembering how loved you were and how full of life your time here was gives me great comfort. Being your dad was the honor of a lifetime. I’m so proud of you and I love you forever. Rest peacefully, son.”

Users in the comments section shared their condolences, giving their best to Danny Go and his family:

“So much love to your family. We are so sorry. Thank you for sharing about his wonderful joy and your immense pride,” said YouTuber @msrachelforlittles.

“Im truly sorry for your loss Danny…we are praying for you ❤️❤️, thank you for all the joy you bring to the world,” said @90skid4lyfe.

“Can’t imagine the pain you’re going through. My heart is broken for your family. Praying for you ❤️,” said @healthygirlkitchen.

“Sending so much love, his light shines so bright even in pictures,” said @lorynbrantz.


What condition did Danny Go’s son, Issac, have?

Issac had Fanconi anemia, a rare, inherited genetic condition that affects bone marrow, causes blood disorders, and makes certain cancers nearly certain at some point in life.

Advertisement

In December 2025, Danny Go announced that his son had contracted cancer in the mouth:

“We found out last week that Isaac has cancer in his mouth. TBH, we always knew this day was coming, as it’s a near certainty w/ Fanconi anemia. But it’s definitely hitting a little earlier than we hoped and is still just such a shocking thing to hear about your child, even if you’ve braced for it for years.”


In other news, Silvervale announced the death of her brother, VTuber Konzetsu.