Connect with us

Sports

Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua fight date as Eddie Hearn issues update on huge bout

Published

on

Anthony Joshua is edging closer to facing Tyson Fury in a heavyweight bout pencilled in for November 20 at Madison Square Garden in New York

Anthony Joshua is drawing ever closer to finalising terms for a bout with Tyson Fury in New York.

Joshua agreed to face his heavyweight rival on the condition that the all-British showdown was staged on home soil. The former two-time world champion has acknowledged that his legacy will be tarnished should the fight be taken abroad.

Advertisement

However, broadcasters Netflix – and the bout’s Saudi Arabian backers – are adamant the clash must be held in the Big Apple.

They have provisionally scheduled the fight for 20 November at Madison Square Garden, despite Joshua’s objections. His promoter Eddie Hearn has maintained that no agreement has been struck to shift the venue from London, telling Mirror Fighting: “We are in constant communication with Turki and SELA but as of yet there is no agreement to any variation within the contract.”

Yet Hearn has conceded that a deal could be sealed within the coming days. “We don’t want to change the venue or the host country,” he told About Boxing.

“But if they’re that desperate, we will find a way to help. It’s been going for a month now and they haven’t changed their mind; there’s not even been a conversation about the UK.

Advertisement

“We are talking through a roadmap of what it might look like to change the deal. “If they do all the things we’ve discussed and agreed in principle, there is a very good chance the fight will take place in America. Its a ballache; it’s an arduous process we’re going through.

There is a way that we would be, not happy, but comfortable with doing the fight in America. “Right now there is absolutely no agreement to change the contract we signed. From our side, no announcement is imminent; everything has to be locked down if they want to do this.”

Fury, unconcerned about the fight’s location, took to social media to hastily declare that a deal had been finalised, reports the Mirror.

Advertisement

“I’ve got some big news going to be dropped very, very soon,” he said. “There is a big fight on the horizon, it’s the one you’ve all been waiting for and it’s about to be announced imminently.”

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Will the Seahawks ever finalize their agreement to sign Terrion Arnold?

Published

on

It’s been six days since the Seahawks reached an agreement to sign cornerback Terrion Arnold. They’ve yet to sign him.

Now that the Seahawks have signed cornerback Trevon Diggs, it’s more than fair to wonder whether the Seahawks will ever be consummating the Arnold deal.

Advertisement

As one league source explains it — and as comments from G.M. John Schneider in the second episode of Hard Knocks made clear — the Seahawks believed when they reached an agreement with Arnold that he’d be available to participate in practices and games in the preseason. The Seahawks have since learned that he won’t be available to do anything if/when he’s signed, since he’ll immediately be placed on paid leave.

Advertisement

So where’s the benefit in signing him? Yes, they’d secure dibs on his rights if/when he’s cleared to play. But they could always sign him later, once the eight felony charges are resolved and Arnold can return to the league.

At this point, they’re kicking the can. It’s possible that they’re simply waiting until the preseason ends, when they’d cut a player and put Arnold on the 90-man roster until he’s sent to the Commissioner Exempt list. Even then, Arnold wouldn’t be available to play until he’s removed from paid leave, and until he serves any suspension that could be added to the time he misses with pay.

It’s unknown when the criminal case will end. His next court appearance is set for October 5, and there’s no trial date. It’s hard to imagine the case ending before the conclusion of the 2026 season, if it goes to a full-blown trial.

Advertisement

Advertisement

A plea deal is always possible. But the league would then figure out Arnold’s punishment, if any, after the plea is finalized. Is it possible he’d be available late in the season? Sure. Again, they could sign him then, without paying him until that day arrives.

Of course, Arnold could choose if/when he’s cleared to return to sign with another team. That’s the biggest risk the Seahawks would take if they don’t sign him. With the date on which the Seahawks would realize a reward for having Arnold on the team currently murky at best, they may decide to save the money they’d spend on paying Arnold to not play and wait to sign him once he’s able to practice and play.

Again, Schneider called the allegations as outlined by The Athleticvery shocking.” No amount of references from Nick Saban or former teammates will change the possibility that prosecutors will prove Arnold’s guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

If that happens, Arnold may not be available to play for the Seahawks or anyone else. Ever.

Advertisement

Source link

Continue Reading

Sports

NFL fans mock Jalen Hurts for showing “signs of brilliance” with 3 INTs and pick-6 vs. Patriots

Published

on

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Jalen Hurts had an underwhelming outing against the New England Patriots’ defense during a joint practice session on Wednesday. Hurts and the rest of the Eagles’ offense came under scrutiny as they sought to find a rhythm under new offensive coordinator Sean Mannion.

However, Hurts’ poor performance, conceding three interceptions and a pick-six, became the highlight of the afternoon, as fans poured onto social media to share their reactions.

Matvei Michkov Enjoyer wrote:

“Worst QB in the league.”

Looking to predict NFL playoff Scenarios? Try our NFL Playoff Predictor for real-time simulations and stay ahead of the game!

@Underdog @UnderdogNFL Worst QB in the league

Kittyoberoi remarked:

“Hurts showing signs of brilliance.”

@Underdog Hurts showing signs of brilliance

Kirkland commented:

Advertisement

“And let me guess, of the 19 completions, more than half of them came 10yds from or behind the line of scrimmage?”

Rust wrote:

“I can’t wait til we’re smoking everybody in the regular season. Hurts has taken better care of the ball than your favorite QB over the last few years, guaranteed. It’s the offseason. He will be sharp and ready to go when the time comes. Always is.”

DG Bandz posted:

“I don’t see this team winning more then 6 games.”

Snakequon commented:

“Dart clears this bum. Glorified running back and without the tush push is nothing.”

How Jalen Hurts’ performance affected the Eagles’ offense

The Eagles’ offense struggled to make an impact against New England’s starting defense. Hurts’ passing was greatly limited during the two-minute drill by the Patriots’ well-executed blitzes.

Advertisement

The Eagles’ drive was effectively disrupted by a Kevin Byard pass breakup and a sack by defensive end Christian Barmore to end the practice.

Meanwhile, former Eagles star wide receiver AJ Brown dropped a dominant performance against his former teammates. He connected with quarterback Drake Maye for a team-high seven catches.

Brown added a layer of intrigue to the reunion during his interview after the practice. He admitted that he hasn’t spoken to Jalen Hurts since he got traded.

Hurts and the Eagles have another opportunity to redeem themselves with a second joint session scheduled for Thursday. It is a window for the team to clean up its sloppy execution and find its footing before Saturday’s preseason matchup.

Advertisement

The stakes are high for Jalen Hurts entering the new season. Tasked with leading an offense that’s essentially in a transition period, the 28-year-old has much to prove.

A major talking point will be his ability to perform without Brown in front of him.