Connect with us

Business

Bally’s issues going concern warning amid mounting liquidity crisis

Published

on

Bally's issues going concern warning amid mounting liquidity crisis

Casino and resort operator Bally’s issued a warning that it may struggle to keep up with its debt burden over the next year, and there is “substantial doubt” about its ability to remain a going concern.

The company made the disclosure in its second quarter earnings report filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

Advertisement

In the filing, Bally’s said the company is “pursuing a number of financing alternatives to enhance its liquidity, including asset monetization, an equity sale, and debt financings.”

“While the company is actively engaged in discussions on several financing alternatives, the conditions and events raise substantial doubt about the company’s ability to continue as a going concern,” Bally’s said in the filing.

FANATICS EXPANDS FURTHER INTO SPORTS AND BEYOND WITH FANATICS MARKETS PREDICTION TRADING PLATFORM

Bally's casino in Chicago

Bally’s warned in the filing there is substantial doubt about its ability to continue as a going concern. (John J. Kim/Chicago Tribune/Tribune News Service via Getty Images)

The company said it executed a term sheet in July for a loan that would fund the continued development of the Bally’s Bronx project and other corporate purposes, though the term sheet is non-binding, and the two sides are working toward a binding agreement.

Advertisement

“These plans have not been finalized, are subject to market conditions and the actions of third parties, are not within the company’s control and there can be no assurance that the plans will be successfully implemented,” Bally’s explained, adding that those plans don’t alleviate substantial doubt about its ability to remain a going concern.

Companies are required to include a going concern warning in its financial filings when auditors see that the company faces the risk of failing or being forced into bankruptcy within the next year.

LAS VEGAS OPENS FIRST CASINO IN 2 YEARS ON $780 MILLION PROPERTY CATERING MORE TO LOCALS THAN TOURISTS

Ticker Security Last Change Change %
BALY BALLYS CORP 8.84 -0.07 -0.79%

Bally’s filing noted several factors that may influence its outlook and performance, including unexpected costs from its construction projects, risks from rapid growth, the impact of digitization of gaming on casino operators and the company’s expansion into digital gaming, as well as regulatory compliance costs and other matters.

Advertisement

As of the end of June, Bally’s owned and operated 20 casinos globally, including some in the United Kingdom and in 11 U.S. states, as well as a golf course in New York and horse racetracks in Colorado and Wyoming.

It also operates the Bally Bet Sportsbook & Casino, an iCasino and sportsbook licensed in 14 North American jurisdictions, and it holds a majority interest in Bally’s Intralot.

TROPICANA LAS VEGAS CEASING OPERATIONS THIS SPRING TO MAKE WAY FOR NEW BALLPARK

Bally's

Bally’s operates a number of casinos and hotels around the U.S. and in the United Kingdom. (Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

The company has rights to developable land in Las Vegas at the former site of the Tropicana Las Vegas and has a license to build a full-scale casino and resort in The Bronx, New York. 

Advertisement

It’s also developing Bally’s Chicago, an integrated resort in the Windy City, though it recently paused construction on some portions of the project amid the uncertainty.

Shares in Bally’s stock have declined over 35.9% over the past five trading days since the warning.

The company’s stock is down just 4.9% over the last year, but has fallen more than 46.8% since the start of 2026.

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE

Advertisement

Bally’s shares are down 0.79% during Wednesday’s trading session.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Business

Global Fund Managers Ultra-Bullish on Stocks, Survey Finds

Published

on

Alphabet Is Selling 100-Year Debt as Part of a Big Bond Sale

The share of fund managers who said they are overweight equities is at its highest level since November 2021.

When asked what they expected the world economy to do in the next 12 months—a soft landing (a gentle slowdown) or a hard landing (a sharper slowdown)—most respondents chose neither. Instead, a record 56% of fund managers predicted “no landing,” or continued growth.

Some 72% of respondents said they didn’t expect the Fed to hike interest rates before the November midterm elections.

Continue Reading

Business

Fed Minutes Lean Hawkish, But We Don't Expect A Hike

Published

on

New Fed Chair Changes The Conversation

Fed Minutes Lean Hawkish, But We Don't Expect A Hike

Continue Reading

Business

Nifty price-to-book ratio hits 6-year low, but market may not be cheap

Published

on

Nifty price-to-book ratio hits 6-year low, but market may not be cheap
Mumbai: The benchmark Nifty’s estimated price-to-book (P/B) ratio, a key valuation measure that compares a company’s market value with the value of its net assets or book value, has fallen below three times to its lowest level in six years.

The decline partly reflects the index’s large exposure to banks, whose shares have underperformed even as retained earnings have added to their book values.

Nifty’s one-year forward P/B is now below 2.96 times, compared with its five-year average of 3.18 times and 10-year average of 2.99 times. The six-year low suggests the Nifty is trading at a more moderate valuation relative to the book value of its constituents.

The composition of the index has contributed to the decline. Banks and financial services account for around 35% of the Nifty’s weight, the largest sector weight, while earnings growth in the sector has been stronger than rest of the index.

Advertisement

Nifty P/B Ratio Hits 6-yr Low, but Market may Not be CheapET Bureau

NOT LOW RATIO ALONE Investors should also look at profitability, earnings cycle: experts

“The composition of the Nifty has been one of the reasons for the lower P/B,” said Siddharth Purohit, fund manager-equity at InvestValue Capital. “While BFSI has a dominant position in Nifty’s weight, their earnings growth in the sector over the past three years has been better than other components,” he said.


Retained earnings at banks have added to their net worth or book value, increasing the denominator used to calculate P/B. With shares of large banks such as HDFC Bank, Axis and Kotak Mahindra underperforming, their stock prices have not kept pace with the increase in book values, contributing to the decline in the Nifty’s P/B.
The Nifty is down 2.64% over the past year and 1.31% over the past two years. The current P/B reading, however, also needs to be viewed in the context of a change in Nifty’s book-value methodology. NSE shifted the calculation from standalone to consolidated financials in September 2023, which lowered the reported P/B from 4.31 times to 3.45 times without any change in share prices. On the earlier standalone basis, the current P/B would be around 3.7 times, slightly above the long-run average of about 3.5 times, according to market experts.Read more: India stocks top Indonesia as Asia’s least-favoured in BofA poll

For investors, the lower P/B suggests valuations have become more moderate relative to companies’ net worth, but it does not by itself mean the market is cheap.

A lower P/B can result from rising book values, falling share prices or a combination of both, and needs to be assessed alongside earnings growth and the outlook for profitability.

Advertisement

Vivek Iyer, partner & CIO at Rational Asset Management, said investors should look beyond the headline valuation multiple and focus on earnings cycle.

Continue Reading

Business

Trump threatens ‘tremendous economic consequences’ on any country helping Iran

Published

on

Trump, wearing a suit and no tie and a white "USA" hat, descending from airplane steps

President Donald Trump has announced the US will inflict “TREMENDOUS Economic Consequences” on any country that helps or does business with Iran.

He wrote in all capital letters on Truth Social he was launching “the most crushing economic operation ever taken against any country!” He gave no further details, and did not name any other nation.

It comes after a 60-day ceasefire with Iran expired on Monday, with no sign of a diplomatic or military off-ramp to the conflict that the US and Israel began at the end of February.

Trump’s latest move appears to extend the pressure campaign of Operation Economic Fury, launched in April to sanction foreign banks or firms that do business with Tehran.

Advertisement

In Wednesday evening’s socal media post, Trump said he was launching “economic D-Day” on Iran because the Islamic Republic had failed to make a deal with the US.

“ANY country that allows its financial institutions, businesses, airports, or government entities to provide any type of lifeline to Iran will itself face TREMENDOUS Economic Consequences,” Trump said.

He did not specify what punishment countries would face.

Trump continued: “Oil smuggling, swap lines, cash transfers, exchange houses, ship registries, front companies – It all needs to stop NOW. You know who you are.”

Advertisement

The president’s comments come nearly a week after Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said the US would impose economic isolation on the country “like the world has never seen before”.

The BBC has asked the White House and US treasury department for comment.

Continue Reading

Business

Travis Kelce Teams Up with Publicis to Tame the College NIL Scramble

Published

on

Travis Kelce Teams Up with Publicis to Tame the College NIL Scramble
Nat Ives

Good morning. The WSJ Leadership Institute’s Katie Deighton reports:

Publicis Sports is teaming up with Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce to tackle the Wild West of college athlete endorsements.

Copyright ©2026 Dow Jones & Company, Inc. All Rights Reserved. 87990cbe856818d5eddac44c7b1cdeb8

Continue Reading

Business

BILL Holdings, Inc. 2026 Q4 – Results – Earnings Call Presentation (NYSE:BILL) 2026-08-19

Published

on

OneWater Marine Inc. (ONEW) Q1 2026 Earnings Call Transcript

This article was written by

Seeking Alpha’s transcripts team is responsible for the development of all of our transcript-related projects. We currently publish thousands of quarterly earnings calls per quarter on our site and are continuing to grow and expand our coverage. The purpose of this profile is to allow us to share with our readers new transcript-related developments. Thanks, SA Transcripts Team

Continue Reading

Business

Cricut CEO Ashish Arora sells $996,348 in company stock

Published

on


Cricut CEO Ashish Arora sells $996,348 in company stock

Continue Reading

Business

Cathie Wood’s ARK sells Roblox stock, buys Broadcom and Cloudflare

Published

on


Cathie Wood’s ARK sells Roblox stock, buys Broadcom and Cloudflare

Continue Reading

Business

Heartland Group FY2026 slides: profit doubles on margin gains, TSB deal

Published

on


Heartland Group FY2026 slides: profit doubles on margin gains, TSB deal

Continue Reading

Business

Nike Stock Hits Lowest Level Since 2014 as Turnaround Drags On

Published

on

Nike Stock Hits Lowest Level Since 2014 as Turnaround Drags On

Nike Stock Hits Lowest Level Since 2014 as Turnaround Drags On

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025