Connect with us

Business

Warner Bros May Reopen Paramount Sale Talks After Amended Offer

Published

on

Warner Bros Appoints Former Discovery Exec Brad Singer as CFO

Warner Bros. Discovery’s board is considering reopening sale talks with Paramount Skydance after receiving a revised takeover offer, according to a Bloomberg News report published Sunday.

The board has not made a final decision and could still move forward with its current agreement with Netflix.

The report, which cited people familiar with the matter, said board members are discussing whether Paramount’s updated proposal could lead to a stronger overall deal. Reuters could not immediately confirm the report, and the companies did not respond to requests for comment.

Warner Bros. agreed in December to sell its film studio and HBO Max streaming service to Netflix for $27.75 per share, CNBC reported. Soon after, Paramount launched a hostile bid, offering $30 per share in cash.

Advertisement

Last week, Paramount sweetened its proposal but did not increase the $30 per share price. Instead, it added new financial incentives.

The company offered shareholders a 25-cent-per-share quarterly “ticking fee” starting in 2027 if the deal has not closed by the end of 2026.

That fee could amount to about $650 million in cash per quarter until the transaction is completed.

Paramount Offers to Cover $2.8B Netflix Breakup Fee

Paramount also agreed to cover the $2.8 billion breakup fee Warner Bros. would owe Netflix if it walks away from their existing agreement.

Advertisement

According to the NY Post, Paramount said it would eliminate up to $1.5 billion in possible debt refinancing costs. Altogether, Paramount’s offer values the deal at about $108.4 billion, including debt.

Both Paramount and Netflix are interested in Warner Bros. for its strong film and television studios and its large content library.

The company owns popular franchises such as “Game of Thrones,” “Harry Potter,” and DC Comics heroes like Batman and Superman. These brands are seen as powerful drivers for streaming and global growth.

Activist investor Ancora Holdings, which has built a nearly $200 million stake in Warner Bros., recently said it plans to oppose the Netflix deal.

Advertisement

The firm argues the board did not fully engage with Paramount over its competing bid.

According to the sources, this is the first time Warner Bros.’ board has seriously weighed whether Paramount’s improved terms could produce a better outcome or encourage Netflix to revise its own offer.

Originally published on vcpost.com

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Business

Woolworths hits snag over $120m Scarborough development

Published

on

Woolworths hits snag over $120m Scarborough development

Woolworths Group has cleared a hurdle over its $120 million project on the former White Sands tavern site after the Supreme Court weighed in on its lapsed approval.

Continue Reading

Business

Gold prices slip, silver retreats as markets gauge U.S. rate outlook

Published

on


Gold prices slip, silver retreats as markets gauge U.S. rate outlook

Continue Reading

Business

UK environmental regulator approves West Newton gas field permit

Published

on


UK environmental regulator approves West Newton gas field permit

Continue Reading

Business

Factbox-How to boost the international role of the euro

Published

on

Factbox-How to boost the international role of the euro


Factbox-How to boost the international role of the euro

Continue Reading

Business

Bristol Airport announces parking restrictions in bid to tackle ‘rogue’ off-site companies

Published

on

Business Live

It has urged people travelling to the airport to consider using public transport rather than driving

Bristol Airport sign (Image: Bristol Airport, free to use by all partners)

Bristol Airport sign(Image: Local Democracy Reporting Service)

A raft of proposals to tackle illegal off-site parking around Bristol Airport has been announced. The joint Parking Action Plan between the South West transport hub, North Somerset Council and Avon and Somerset Police is aimed at reducing “rogue” meet and greet operators, and “nuisance street parking”.

In January, local parish and district councillors held a parking surgery to discuss areas of concern with the police and key members of North Somerset Council, including highways and planning enforcement teams.

Advertisement

It is understood 40 actions were highlighted and agreed on at the time, including:

  • Proposing to double the funding provided by the airport to support North Somerset Council’s planning enforcement team;
  • further joint days of action with Avon and Somerset Police and North Somerset Council and working with both to tackle “rogue” meet and greet operators;
  • new signs enforcing no stopping or waiting in the lane directly off the airport roundabout;
  • parking restrictions for the Bridle Cottage layby on the A38 near the Fox and Goose, limiting waiting for a maximum of two hours;
  • local taxi firms contacted and reminded about the waiting zone, which is free for the first hour, to discourage parking outside properties;
  • and expanding the capacity of the airport’s one-hour free waiting zone and improving signage.

Rob Henley, transport planning manager at Bristol Airport, said: “The only way to tackle parking issues is through a joined-up approach. We encourage those customers who can use public transport to consider travelling to the airport this way.”

Mr Henley urged people driving to the airport and local taxi drivers to “please be more considerate to the local community and not park outside homes”.

“We recommend using our free waiting area rather than dropping off outside of people’s houses and in laybys,” he added. “A complimentary bus runs regularly from this area to the terminal.”

A ‘Parking Reporting Guide’, which is available on the airport’s website, has also been produced “to make clear” which organisation deals with which issues, Bristol Airport said.

Advertisement

It is understood that last year, North Somerset Council worked to target illegal off-site operators, some of which were parking more than 1,000 cars in a field during the summer peaks. The local authority made more than 1,000 monitoring visits in 12 months and issued 24 enforcement notices against sites operating off-site car parks without planning permission, it said.

Councillor Annemieke Waite, cabinet member for planning and environment for North Somerset Council, said: “If you choose to park outside of Bristol Airport, it is your responsibility to check the company is reputable. Look for a parking accreditation. Check terms and conditions and reviews, and avoid companies with a mobile only number. Consider using a credit card to book. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.”

Inspector Christian Gresswell at Avon and Somerset Police added: “We hope the measures agreed will help to alleviate some of the issues we have seen over recent months and we will continue to support the local authority with any enforcement action they may take themselves.

“Residents and visitors alike are urged to keep reporting issues surrounding nuisance parking and unaccredited parking operators to us and our partners, so we understand the scale of the issues and what resources are needed to tackle them.”

Advertisement

The British Parking Association (BPA) has also been working with the airport and North Somerset Council since last year to share knowledge of airport parking issues elsewhere in the country.

Anne Bevis, technical compliance manager at British Parking Association, said: “We look forward to playing an integral role and assisting with further improvements to benefit everyone into the future.”

In December, Bristol Airport announced it would be replacing its bus fleet with all-electric vehicles. The investment is part of a commitment to reach net-zero operations by 2030, the airport said.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Business

Ecuador prison deaths climb again despite Noboa security strategy, data shows

Published

on

Ecuador prison deaths climb again despite Noboa security strategy, data shows


Ecuador prison deaths climb again despite Noboa security strategy, data shows

Continue Reading

Business

Northbridge asset sold under the hammer for $8m

Published

on

Northbridge asset sold under the hammer for $8m

The property, subject to a court order, has been partially sold back to its seller Mary Vlahos.

Continue Reading

Business

Aussie shares rise at start of a busy earnings stretch

Published

on

Aussie shares rise at start of a busy earnings stretch

The local share market has closed modestly higher as traders digest a spate of earnings reports from companies including JB Hi-Fi, Treasury Wine Estates, A2 Milk and BlueScope Steel.

Continue Reading

Business

Greencoat Renewables announces dividend exchange rate for SA holders

Published

on


Greencoat Renewables announces dividend exchange rate for SA holders

Continue Reading

Business

AD FEATURE: Support on your doorstep as The Growth Hub Gloucestershire powers SME success

Published

on

Police at the scene at the campus of De Montfort University in Leicester, after an 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder after a man in his 20s was stabbed in Leicester city centre near the university. Picture date: Wednesday February 4, 2026. PA Photo. Photo credit should read: Jacob King/PA Wire


The Growth Hub is here to help your business thrive

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025