Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

NFL news: Joe Burrow says Bengals have most talented roster since he arrived

Published

on

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Joe Burrow is thrilled with the Cincinnati Bengals offseason moves and is thinking big.

Burrow, 29, praised the front office for the moves they made in free agency to fortify their defense.

“This is the most talented roster we’ve had since I’ve been here,” Burrow said while speaking to reporters Wednesday. “The front office has taken a lot of heat from the fans, the public, the media. We can put all of that behind us.

Advertisement

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Joe Burrow warming up on the field at Paycor Stadium in Cincinnati

Joe Burrow of the Cincinnati Bengals warms up before a game against the Baltimore Ravens at Paycor Stadium in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Dec. 14, 2025. (Jason Miller/Getty Images)

“They went and made it happen with free agency,” he added. “And then, obviously, with Dexter (Lawrence), making a trade like that, that doesn’t happen a ton in the NFL. So it’s exciting to see.”

The three-time Pro Bowl quarterback praised the free-agent signings of safety Bryan Cook, defensive end Boye Mafe and defensive tackle Jonathan Allen, along with the big swing of the offseason: trading the No. 10 pick for defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence.

“The number one thing is you have to win,” Burrow said. “We’re going to go win a lot of games this year and play great and win a Super Bowl.

Advertisement

Burrow said he did not give the front office any mandates or threats to make additions after a 6-11 campaign last season.

ZERO BS. JUST DAKICH. TAKE THE DON’T @ ME PODCAST ON THE ROAD. DOWNLOAD NOW!

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow throwing a football during practice

Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow throws a football during practice in Cincinnati on May 12, 2026. (Jeff Dean/AP)

“I would say we had a lot of communication during free agency,” Burrow said. “We didn’t have our postseason meeting like we typically have. I would say, if anything, I was less involved this year than in years past.”

The Bengals missed the playoffs for a third straight season last year in large part because of a horrendous defense, allowing the third-most points per game in the NFL last season at 28.9.

Advertisement

“I just think we know where we needed to be better, and we went out and aggressively made it happen,” Burrow said. “We filled some holes that we had from years past, got better at a lot of positions. Signed the best free agent safety (Cook). Got the best D tackle in the league, in my opinion. So we have everything we need in that locker room. We just have to go make it happen.”

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow throwing a pass during an NFL game in Orchard Park

Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow throws a pass against the Buffalo Bills in Orchard Park, N.Y., on Dec. 7, 2025. (Gene J. Puskar/AP)

The 29-year-old said the energy is elevated in the locker room and that the vibes are palpable.

“There’s no secret that the last several years didn’t go the way we wanted to, and there’s a lot of blame to go around for that, myself included,” Burrow said. “We’re in a great spot this year. We brought in great people and great players. You can feel the vibes of the locker room. The energy is elevated right now. We have some veteran guys that can come in and show the younger guys on defense what it takes, what it means to be great every day. That’s exciting to be a part of.”

Advertisement

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Kyle Busch hospitalised due to severe illness; set to miss Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway

Published

on

Kyle Busch will miss Sunday’s Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway after being hospitalized due to a severe illness, his family confirmed. The Richard Childress Racing veteran was slated to compete in both the Cup Series and Truck Series, but his condition forced a late withdrawal from both.

The Cup race, scheduled for May 24 at 6:00 PM ET, is one of NASCAR’s crown jewel events, spanning 400 laps and 600 miles. Busch will now miss it. His family released a statement addressing the situation on X:

“Kyle has experienced a severe illness resulting in hospitalization. He is currently undergoing treatment and will not compete in any of his scheduled activities this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. We ask for understanding and privacy as our family navigates this situation.”

Statement Regarding Kyle Busch from the Busch Family: “Kyle has experienced a severe illness resulting in hospitalization. He is currently undergoing treatment and will not compete in any of his scheduled activities this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. We ask for understanding and privacy as our family navigates this situation.”

Advertisement

The development caught many off guard, especially given Kyle Busch’s recent on-track efforts despite visible physical struggles. Just a week earlier at Watkins Glen, he had called for medical assistance mid-race, asking for physician assistant Bill Heisel to be present post-race. Busch mentioned needing “a shot” after battling a sinus-related issue throughout the weekend. Even then, he pushed through the discomfort to secure a top-10 finish.

Fans now link it to the current situation. Busch was battling through illness while continuing to race, and it appears the condition worsened in the days that followed. His absence from Charlotte also means he will miss planned participation in the Truck Series with Spire Motorsports in the No. 7 truck.


Austin Hill to replace Kyle Busch as RCR confirms Charlotte plan

(L-R) Kyle Busch, Austin Dillon, and Austin Hill - NASCAR Cup Series. Source: Getty(L-R) Kyle Busch, Austin Dillon, and Austin Hill - NASCAR Cup Series. Source: Getty
(L-R) Kyle Busch, Austin Dillon, and Austin Hill – NASCAR Cup Series. Source: Getty

With Kyle Busch sidelined, Richard Childress Racing moved quickly to name a replacement for the No. 8 Chevrolet. Austin Hill will step in, taking on double duty for the weekend alongside his full-time commitments with RCR in the NASCAR O’Reilly Auto Parts Series.

RCR confirmed the change in an official statement:

“Kyle Busch’s health is our utmost priority and he and his family have the full resources of RCR behind them. Kyle is an integral part of our organization and we wish him a safe and speedy recovery. His No. 8 Chevrolet will be ready and waiting for him. We’re thankful to Austin Hill for stepping in to drive the No. 8 Chevrolet this weekend. Please keep Kyle and the Busch family in your prayers, and help us respect the family’s privacy at this time.”

The rest of the team structure remains unchanged, with Andy Street continuing as crew chief for the No. 8 entry. Hill’s inclusion ensures continuity within the organization, though it adds to the workload on a demanding weekend.

Advertisement

For now, the focus remains on Kyle Busch’s recovery.