Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Sports

Tim Bradley predicts Devin Haney vs Keyshawn Davis: “He’s the favourite”

Published

on

Tim Bradley has assessed the nuances of a clash between Devin Haney and Keyshawn Davis, believing one man to be the clear favourite in their potential welterweight encounter.

Following his comprehensive performance against Brian Norman Jr last November, many would regard WBO champion Haney as the top dog at 147lbs.

‘The Dream’ was able to outpoint and dethrone Norman with minimal difficulty, scoring an early knockdown before becoming a three-division world champion.

Advertisement

Previous points victories over the likes of Vasyl Lomachenko and Regis Prograis, too, have only cemented Haney as one of the finest active fighters in the sport.

Davis, meanwhile, is yet to fully establish himself as a pound-for-pound star, despite having previously dethroned Denys Berinchyk – with a fourth-round stoppage, no less – to become the WBO lightweight champion in February 2025.

A ring return last January then saw ‘The Businessman’ defeat Jermaine Ortiz at 140lbs, scoring a 12th-round finish after dismantling his opponent with body shots.

But now, coming off a unanimous decision victory over Nahir Albright, who he faced in a rematch last week, Davis is expressing an interest in moving up to 147lbs and challenging Haney.

Advertisement

Based on their last respective performances, though, Bradley has said on his YouTube channel that he would make Davis a sizable underdog.

“I’m telling you right now: I don’t care to see the fight. I think it’s an ugly fight. But who would be the favourite?

“[Based on] their last performances, Devin Haney would be the favourite. Haney has more experience; Haney’s been fighting [professionally] since he was 17 years old. Fighting grown men out there in Mexico.

“He’s won [an undisputed championship and has] been in there with legends [like Lomachenko].”

Along with his experience, Bradley highlights the mentality of Haney as a key factor against Davis, who narrowly missed weight in his first encounter with the scales ahead of the Albright fight.

Advertisement

Far more drastic, however, was his failed attempt last June, when the American was stripped of his WBO title after weighing over 4lbs above the lightweight limit.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Sports

Controversial PGA of America president is ousted after chaotic Ryder Cup 

Published

on

Don Rea, embroiled in controversy following events at last year’s Ryder Cup, has been replaced as president of the PGA of America. 

In a statement late Friday afternoon, the governing body said that the move “followed a series of issues over time that, taken together, were determined to be detrimental to the Association.” The PGA said Nathan Charnes would be moved from vice president to acting president until November, when Rea’s two-year term was to have ended. 

Rea had caught heat at last September’s Ryder Cup, which was run by the PGA of America, over a series of actions, including:

His comments to the BBC on the Sunday of the event. A day earlier, spectators at Bethpage Black on Long Island had turned unruly turned toward the European team, and Rea, after being asked about that, started his answer this way:

Advertisement

“Well, you got 50,000 people here that are really excited, and, heck, you can go to a youth soccer game and get some people who say the wrong things. We tell the fans booing at somebody doesn’t make them play worse. Typically it makes them play better. And when our American players have to control the crowds, that distracts from playing.”

Rea was then asked specifically about fan comments toward Rory McIlroy, who was playing for Europe. 

“I haven’t heard some of that,” he said. “I’m sure it’s happened. You know, it happens when we’re over in Rome on the other side. And Rory understands. I thought he handled the press conference yesterday amazingly. But yeah, things like that are going to happen. I don’t know what was said. But all I know is golf is the engine of good.”

One day later, Rea sent a letter to PGA of America members condemning the fan behavior, and he apologized. “While it wasn’t my intention,” Rea wrote, “some of my comments were seen in a negative light which reflects poorly on not only myself but also on the PGA of America and for that I truly apologize.” McIlroy also said in November that Rea had reached out to apologize. 

Advertisement

– His karaoke performance on the Saturday night of the event. Following the unruly play that afternoon, Rea was recorded singing “Lose Yourself” by Eminem, and video of that was found and circulated by The Fried Egg golf website.  

– A comment on Sunday during the trophy ceremony. After Europe won the event 15-13, Rea said the Europeans retained the cup, instead of winning it outright.  

In February, Golfweek’s Adam Schupak reported that Rea had been reassigned to handle “member-first priorities.” At last week’s PGA Championship, another PGA of America event, Rea was not publicly seen. At a press conference on the day before the tournament, PGA of America CEO Terry Clark was asked about PGA of America governance and why Rea wasn’t at the media session, and he said that Rea had been focused on “how we think about our membership.” 

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Victor Wembanyama unanimous pick for NBA All-Defensive team

Published

on

NBA Playoffs Victor Wembanyama Spurs vs ThunderNBA Playoffs Victor Wembanyama Spurs vs Thunder

San Antonio Spurs forward Victor Wembanyama (1) blocks a shot by Oklahoma City Thunder center Isaiah Hartenstein (55) during the first half of Game 2 in the Western Conference finals NBA basketball playoffs series Wednesday, May 20, 2026, in Oklahoma City. (AP Photo/Tony Gutierrez)

NEW YORK — Victor Wembanyama was the unanimous pick as Defensive Player of the Year this season, and the only unanimous All-Defensive team selection as well.

The San Antonio star — as expected, given how the DPOY voting went — appeared on all 100 first-team ballots and made first-team All-Defense for the second time in his three NBA seasons. The team was announced Friday night.

Article continues after this advertisement

READ: NBA Playoffs: Wembanyama says Game 4 will show what Spurs are made of

Oklahoma City’s Chet Holmgren, Detroit’s Ausar Thompson, Minnesota’s Rudy Gobert and Boston’s Derrick White rounded out the first team. Gobert is now a nine-time All-Defensive team pick, while Holmgren, Thompson and White were all first-time selections to the first team.

Advertisement

The second team was Toronto’s Scottie Barnes, Oklahoma City’s Cason Wallace, Miami’s Bam Adebayo, New York’s OG Anunoby and Atlanta’s Dyson Daniels.

Gobert and Daniels are the only players that have made the All-Defensive team in each of the last two seasons.



Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.


Your subscription has been successful.
Advertisement

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Usyk vs Rico: Tony Bellew, Eddie Hearn and Terence Crawford give predictions for world title fight

Published

on

Oleksandr Usyk defends his WBC world title against Rico Verhoeven on Saturday in Egypt.

The fight is unusual in location as in nature, with kickboxing world champion Verhoeven getting a title shot in just his second boxing fight – and first since 2014.

The 37-year-old Dutchman is aiming to pull off arguably the biggest upset in the sport’s history.

Ukrainian Usyk, 39, is aiming to continue his near 17-year winning streak.

Advertisement

Will we see an underdog win for the ages or will Usyk’s dominance continue?

BBC Sport asks the boxing world for their predictions.

Source link

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

Sidney Crosby optimistic abut Evgeni Malkin’s future after contract talks “in a good place” with Penguins

Published

on

Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby delivered a hopeful message about the future of his longtime teammate Evgeni Malkin, saying recent contract discussions between the organization and the veteran center have reached a promising stage.

Speaking from the World Championship in Switzerland, Crosby indicated that the end-of-season conversations left him feeling encouraged about Malkin’s chances of staying in Pittsburgh.

Evgeni Malkin will turn 40 this summer and is slated to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

“I’ve just always expected to be playing with him,” Crosby said via NY Times. “After talking with everyone at the end of the year, it felt like it was in a good place in terms of getting something done.

He also expressed a preference for resolving the situation sooner rather than later, referencing past negotiations that dragged into the summer and created unnecessary uncertainty.

Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin have been central to the Penguins’ success for nearly two decades, arriving as young phenoms in the mid-2000s and anchoring three Stanley Cup championship teams.

Crosby has made no secret of his desire to continue their on-ice partnership, describing their connection as one that goes far beyond hockey. Penguins general manager Kyle Dubas has previously voiced the organization’s interest in retaining Malkin.

Advertisement

With the team coming off another early playoff exit, a short-term deal for the veteran forward appears to be the most likely path to take as Pittsburgh tries to blend its veteran leadership with younger players moving up the roster.

Sidney Crosby clears the air around retirement speculation

Sidney Crosby made it clear he has no immediate thoughts of hanging up his skates. The 38-year-old superstar addressed ongoing speculation about his future:

“Not at all… I said year to year because of where the team is at,” he said. “It just makes sense, whether it’s our cap, who we have coming in and out, just to have that flexibility. It’s important,” Crosby said via NY Times.

He added:

“Yeah, I’m saying year to year based on contracts,” he explained. “It just seems to make sense. I mean, it could change. We’ll see. Kyle (Dubas) and I haven’t even talked about it. But I’ll talk with Pat (Brisson) and Kyle later this summer. We’ll talk about it and do what makes sense. If it does make sense to sign for a couple of years, then we’ll do that.”

Meanwhile, Sidney Crosby and Team Canada are atop the Group B standings with 14 points at the World Championship. Their next game is against Slovakia on Sunday.

Advertisement