Connect with us
DAPA Banner
DAPA Coin
DAPA
COIN PAYMENT ASSET
PRIVACY · BLOCKDAG · HOMOMORPHIC ENCRYPTION · RUST
ElGamal Encrypted MINE DAPA
🚫 GENESIS SOLD OUT
DAPAPAY COMING

Business

Microsoft: The Case For A Rerating Is Getting Stronger

Published

on

Microsoft: The Case For A Rerating Is Getting Stronger
Continue Reading
Click to comment

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Leave a Reply

Business

North Carolina sues Vietnam’s VinFast over delayed EV project

Published

on

North Carolina sues Vietnam’s VinFast over delayed EV project


North Carolina sues Vietnam’s VinFast over delayed EV project

Continue Reading

Business

Rs 420 crore share buybacks: Welspun Living, CMS Info Systems turn ex-record date today. Tracking any?

Published

on

Rs 420 crore share buybacks: Welspun Living, CMS Info Systems turn ex-record date today. Tracking any?
The shares of Welspun Living and CMS Info Systems will trade ex-record date for their respective share buybacks cumulatively worth Rs 420 crore, with investors now awaiting details such as entitlement ratios, offer window and more.

Share buyback refers to a corporate action where a company repurchases its own shares from existing shareholders, mostly at a premium to the market price. Only those shareholders who hold the shares of the companies in their demat accounts as on the record date will be eligible to tender shares in the offers.

Hence, if any investor is planning to take any fresh holding in the two companies today, the shares will be credited to her demat account on Monday as per SEBI’s T+1 settlement rule, making her ineligible to participate in the buybacks.

Advertisement

Welspun Living buyback

Welspun Living earlier this month announced a share buyback via the tender route at a price of Rs 175 per share, implying a premium of more than 20% over the stock’s previous closing price of Rs 145.50 apiece on NSE. The textiles company plans to buy back 144 lakh fully paid-up shares of the company with a face value of Re 1 each for an aggregate amount not exceeding Rs 252 crore. This represents 6.52% of the company’s total paid-up equity share capital and 5.65% of the free reserves.

Promoters and promoter group have expressed their intention to participate in the share buyback, the company said, adding that the rationale behind the offer was to return surplus cash to its shareholders, improve return on equity and more.
Market regulator SEBI has mandated that 15% of a buyback’s total offer size must be reserved for small shareholders. The company said that it will determine the entitlement ratio on the basis of the shareholding pattern on the record date.
This comes after Welspun Living undertook a Rs 278 crore share buyback via the tender route back in August 2024. The buyback price for the offer was fixed at Rs 220 apiece.
The shares of the company have gained more than 8% in one week and 10% in one month, but declined 3% in one year. In the longer term, the stock delivered 58% returns over three years and 48% returns over five years.

CMS Info Systems buyback


CMS Info Systems fixed May 22 (Friday) as the record date for its share buyback worth Rs 168 crore. The tech company aims to repurchase over 49 lakh shares, representing 3% of its total stake, at a buyback price of Rs 340 per share. This implies a premium of more than 11% from the stock’s previous closing price.

Advertisement

The shares of CMS Info Systems have declined around 3% in one month and 14% in 2026 so far. The stock has tumbled 36% in the past one year. The company has a market capitalisation of nearly Rs 5,005 crore.

Continue Reading

Business

Philippine central bank governor says it is considering off-cycle rate hike

Published

on

Philippine central bank governor says it is considering off-cycle rate hike


Philippine central bank governor says it is considering off-cycle rate hike

Continue Reading

Business

Walmart Stock Plunges 6.20% to $122.78 After Q1 Earnings and Cautious Outlook

Published

on

Shares of Walmart rose as it reported higher profits and lifted its forecast

NEW YORK — Walmart Inc. (NASDAQ: WMT) shares fell sharply in early trading Thursday, May 21, 2026, dropping $8.11 or 6.20% to $122.78 after the retailer reported first-quarter results that beat revenue estimates but featured a cautious full-year outlook amid consumer spending pressures.

The world’s largest retailer released fiscal first-quarter 2027 earnings before the market open. Revenue reached $177.8 billion, up 7.3% from the prior year and above consensus estimates of approximately $174.8 billion. U.S. comparable sales excluding fuel rose 4.1%.

Adjusted earnings per share came in above expectations, though exact figures were not immediately detailed in initial releases. Global e-commerce sales grew strongly, with Walmart+ membership and advertising revenue also contributing positively.

Walmart reaffirmed its full-year fiscal 2027 guidance for net sales growth of 3.5% to 4.5% in constant currency and adjusted earnings per share of $2.75 to $2.85. Analysts had expected higher figures around $2.92 per share for the year.

Advertisement

The company cited elevated fuel prices and a fluid tariff environment as factors creating uncertainty in consumer behavior and item pricing. CEO John Furner highlighted investments in AI personalization, supply chain upgrades and approximately 650 store remodels as priorities for improving the customer experience.

The stock opened lower and extended losses in early trading as investors focused on the conservative outlook despite the revenue beat. This marked one of Walmart’s larger single-day percentage declines in recent periods.

Walmart operates more than 10,500 stores worldwide and employs approximately 2.1 million associates. Its U.S. business, the largest segment, continues to benefit from strength in grocery, health & wellness and e-commerce.

The retailer has expanded its membership program Walmart+ and advertising business, which grew significantly in the quarter. International operations also posted solid growth.

Advertisement

Walmart’s next earnings report for the second quarter is scheduled for August. The company typically provides detailed commentary on its earnings conference call, hosted by President and CEO John Furner and CFO John David Rainey.

Market capitalization stood near $500 billion prior to the session’s decline. The stock had been trading near all-time highs in recent weeks before the earnings reaction.

Analysts had expected adjusted EPS of approximately $0.65 to $0.66 for the first quarter. Walmart has a history of consistent earnings beats but faced scrutiny over forward guidance in a high-cost environment.

Broader retail sector peers including Target also faced pressure in recent sessions amid concerns over consumer spending, inflation and potential tariffs. Walmart has positioned itself as a value destination, benefiting from trade-down behavior among shoppers.

Advertisement

The company continues capital investments in automation, store remodels and technology. It raised approximately $4 billion in long-term debt earlier in the year at favorable rates to support growth initiatives.

Walmart’s dividend yield remains attractive to income investors. The company has increased its dividend for more than 50 consecutive years. Share repurchases also form part of its capital return strategy.

No changes were announced to the full-year capital expenditure guidance of 3% to 3.5% of sales. Inventory levels remained healthy entering the period.

Trading volume surged in early sessions on May 21 as the earnings reaction drew significant attention. Options activity also increased around the event.

Advertisement

Walmart serves millions of customers daily across its supercenters, discount stores, Sam’s Club warehouses and digital platforms. The retailer has emphasized everyday low prices and supply chain efficiency.

Investors will monitor commentary from the earnings call for updates on tariff impacts, consumer trends and competitive positioning. The stock’s reaction reflects sensitivity to guidance in the current economic environment.

The session’s decline came amid mixed broader market performance. Energy stocks rose on oil prices while some technology names faced pressure from yields.

Walmart has not provided specific second-quarter EPS guidance due to uncertainty around tariffs and pricing dynamics. It expects net sales growth of 3.5% to 4.5% for the quarter in constant currency.

Advertisement

The company’s long-term strategy includes expanding private brands, enhancing omnichannel capabilities and investing in emerging areas such as advertising and membership.

Continue Reading

Business

Amber Alert Canceled After 6-Month-Old Devaeyah Lucas-Bell Found Safe in Hammond Case

Published

on

Nancy Guthrie

HAMMOND, Ind. — A statewide Amber Alert issued for 6-month-old Devaeyah Lucas-Bell on May 21, 2026, was canceled after the infant was recovered safe, according to Indiana authorities.

The alert was activated early Thursday morning after the child was reported missing from Hammond around 4:20 a.m. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and brown pants.

Devaeyah Lucas-Bell is described as a Black female, 22 inches tall, weighing 16 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. She was believed to be in extreme danger at the time of the alert.

The suspect was identified as 31-year-old Deandry Sabbs, a Black male, 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing 208 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen driving a gray four-door Nissan sedan with unknown Illinois plates.

Advertisement

Hammond Police Department requested the Amber Alert. Anyone with information was asked to contact the department at 219-852-6357 or call 911.

The alert generated widespread attention across Indiana and neighboring states, including Illinois. Multiple news outlets and law enforcement agencies shared descriptions and vehicle information via social media and emergency systems.

Authorities later confirmed the child was located safe. Details regarding the circumstances of the recovery and Sabbs’ status were not immediately released by police.

The swift resolution highlighted the effectiveness of the Amber Alert system in mobilizing public assistance for missing children cases. Indiana State Police and local agencies coordinated the response.

Advertisement

Devaeyah Lucas-Bell was last seen in Hammond, a city in Lake County near the Illinois border. The case drew significant regional media coverage due to the child’s age and the initial assessment of extreme danger.

Amber Alerts are issued when law enforcement confirms a child has been abducted and faces serious harm or death. Criteria include the child’s age, confirmation of abduction, and sufficient descriptive information for public assistance.

This incident marks one of several Amber Alerts activated in Indiana in 2026. Previous cases have involved both successful recoveries and ongoing searches.

Hammond Police continue their investigation. No charges had been announced as of late Thursday afternoon. Updates are expected as more information becomes available.

Advertisement

The public played a key role in sharing the alert across social media platforms. Local television stations and news websites provided continuous coverage throughout the morning.

Families in the Hammond area were advised to remain vigilant. The quick cancellation brought relief to the community and surrounding regions.

Indiana’s Amber Alert system is managed through a partnership between law enforcement, the Indiana State Police, and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. It utilizes emergency notification systems, highway signs, and media broadcasts.

Officials remind the public that Amber Alerts are reserved for the most serious cases involving abducted children. False alarms are rare but can occur when initial information changes rapidly.

Advertisement

The Hammond Police Department has not released additional details on the relationship between the child, family members, or the suspect. Investigations into missing children cases often involve multiple agencies when crossing jurisdictional lines.

This case underscores the importance of community awareness in child safety matters. Law enforcement encourages residents to report suspicious activity promptly.

As of May 21 afternoon, no further Amber Alerts remained active in Indiana related to this incident. Authorities thanked the public for their assistance in the rapid resolution.

The full timeline of events from the initial report to recovery has not been publicly detailed. Police are expected to provide more information in coming days or weeks as the investigation proceeds.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Business

Wall St ends slightly higher as investors watch Iran

Published

on

Wall St ends slightly higher as investors watch Iran

Wall Street’s three main indices have closed slightly higher after a choppy session as oil prices lost ground, with some officials ‌citing progress in US-Iran peace talks even as both sides took opposing stances over an Iranian uranium stockpile and control of the Strait of Hormuz.

Continue Reading

Business

Co3 Contemporary Dance enters new chapter

Published

on

Co3 Contemporary Dance enters new chapter

The dance company reflects on its roots as it enters a new chapter.

Continue Reading

Business

Stop blaming young people for being unemployed, says Amazon's UK boss

Published

on

Stop blaming young people for being unemployed, says Amazon's UK boss

John Boumphrey says the education system “isn’t necessarily producing young people who are ready for work”.

Continue Reading

Business

Named After 9-Year-Old Texas Victim Amber Hagerman

Published

on

Nancy Guthrie

ARLINGTON, Texas — The Amber Alert system, a nationwide emergency notification program for abducted children, takes its name from Amber Rene Hagerman, a 9-year-old girl who was kidnapped and murdered in Arlington, Texas, in January 1996.

Amber Hagerman was riding her bicycle in a parking lot near her grandparents’ home on Jan. 13, 1996, when an unknown man abducted her. Her body was found four days later in a creek a few miles away. The crime remains unsolved.

In response to the tragedy, local residents and broadcasters in the Dallas-Fort Worth area pushed for a better emergency alert system. Radio stations and law enforcement collaborated to create an early warning mechanism that could quickly inform the public about child abductions.

The system was officially named in memory of Amber Hagerman. Although “AMBER” is presented as the acronym for “America’s Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response,” this is a backronym created after the system was already named for the girl.

Advertisement

The first Amber Alert was issued in the Dallas-Fort Worth area in 1996. It quickly spread to other Texas regions and then nationwide. By the early 2000s, the program had expanded across the United States and into Canada and Mexico.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC) played a key role in standardizing criteria and promoting the system. Amber Alerts are now activated only in cases meeting specific guidelines: confirmed abduction, risk of serious harm or death to the child, and sufficient descriptive information for public assistance.

As of 2026, the Amber Alert system has helped recover more than 1,000 children safely since its inception. It utilizes emergency broadcast systems, highway signs, cell phone alerts, social media and news outlets to distribute information rapidly.

Amber’s mother, Donna Williams, has spoken publicly about her daughter’s legacy. She has expressed gratitude that the alert system continues to save lives in her daughter’s name.

Advertisement

The program has evolved with technology. In 2015, Facebook partnered with NCMEC to deliver Amber Alerts directly to users’ news feeds and notifications based on location. Wireless Emergency Alerts now reach cell phones in targeted areas without requiring apps.

Alternative names were used in some states early on, such as “Levi’s Call” in Georgia or “Rachael Alert” in Utah, but the Amber Alert name became the national standard.

The system is administered through partnerships between law enforcement, broadcasters, wireless providers and NCMEC. Activation criteria are strict to avoid overuse and maintain public trust.

Amber Hagerman was born Nov. 25, 1986. She was described by family as an outgoing child who loved riding her bicycle. Her abduction occurred in broad daylight, highlighting vulnerabilities even in familiar neighborhoods.

Advertisement

The case galvanized the community. A local radio station manager and others advocated for immediate public alerts, leading to the creation of what became the Amber Alert.

President George W. Bush signed the PROTECT Act in 2003, which included national support for Amber Alert systems. The law enhanced coordination and funding for the program.

Today, every U.S. state has an Amber Alert plan. The system has expanded internationally, with similar programs in other countries using different names but following comparable principles.

Amber’s legacy is honored annually on National Amber Alert Awareness Day, observed around the anniversary of her abduction. Law enforcement and child safety advocates use the occasion to educate the public on prevention and response.

Advertisement

The Amber Alert has become one of the most recognized emergency notification systems in the United States. It demonstrates how one child’s tragedy led to a nationwide tool that continues to protect others.

Authorities stress that Amber Alerts are reserved for the most serious abduction cases. The rapid public response they generate has proven effective in many recoveries.

The unsolved murder of Amber Hagerman remains under investigation by Arlington police. Her family continues to advocate for child safety and support for the alert system named in her honor.

The Acronym: What it Stands For As the program expanded nationwide and globally, the name was turned into a “backronym” (an acronym created from an existing word) to officially describe the system’s function: A – America’s M – Missing: B – Broadcast E – Emergency R – Response

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Business

Stocks rise, dollar at six-week high as focus remains on US-Iran talks

Published

on

Stocks rise, dollar at six-week high as focus remains on US-Iran talks


Stocks rise, dollar at six-week high as focus remains on US-Iran talks

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2025