Fans think they’ve seen the first contestant set to take to the dancefloor during the 2026 series after the new hosts were announced
Strictly Come Dancing fans think they have spotted the first contestant set to take to the dancefloor during the 2026 series after the new hosts were officially announced.
After months of speculation, it was confirmed on Tuesday (May 19) that Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe are the new Strictly hosts of the hit BBC One dance show.
The news was shared on the show’s Instagram page with the caption: “It’s official…September 2026.” It marks the first time a trio has presented the popular programme in its 22-year history, following the exits of Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman at the end of the 2025 series.
As the announcement was made, Emma, 50, said she cannot “quite comprehend” that she has landed the prestigious co-presenting job, while Josh, 43, who took part in the 2024 Strictly Christmas special, said he feels “overawed” to now be fronting the programme.
Johannes, 39, who has been a pro on Strictly Come Dancing since 2018, said he feels “deeply honoured” to have a new job on the programme. And speaking about the trio for the first time, Kate Phillips, the BBC’s chief content officer, said that their “chemistry is undeniable”.
But it was following the news being shared on social media that Strictly fans wondered if they had spotted a possible contestant being lined up for the 2026 series, which will get underway in just a few months’ time.
The Traitors 2026 winner Stephen Libby was seen reacting to the news, simply commenting underneath Strictly’s Instagram post: “Da da da da da da da, da da da da da [dancing person emoji].” And it didn’t take long for the comment to be flooded with replies.
@claire_belle11 questioned: “Strictly class of ‘26?” @denise_proctor78 replied: “I’ve a funny feeling you’re going to be on the show this year.” @robjeffries shared: “1000000% you are going to be on this show and there’s nothing you can say to convince me otherwise.” @creativemetalhead added: “Out of the castle and onto the dance floor.”
Stephen and his fellow Traitor Rachel Duffy found themselves in the final of the BBC One gameshow, which aired earlier this year, along with two faithfuls Jack and Faraaz. As they gathered arounf the firepit, Faraaz was the first player to be banished. The remaining players decided to banish again, and Jack was devastated that Stephen voted against him after believing he was a faithful this whole time.
It was then announced that Rachel and Stephen had won together, making history as the BBC series’ first-ever “double traitor win”. The pair couldn’t believe it as they tearfully embraced after claiming just under £48,000 each.


You must be logged in to post a comment Login